What's new

Gujrat Muslims' massacar supportd by Govt

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the above chilling post, still if some one comes up to defend the genocide, don't know what to say.

But the reality is far from good, in the time we are living.

The fact is, that the common farmer, worker and shopkeeper cares more about his daily meal and Bijli, Pani, Makaan than what NDTV and Tehelka have to say.

Modi has literally transformed Gujarat during his rule....people consider Gujarat a miracle.

Here are some shocking statistics:

Gujarat has a population of just 50 million people and yet, it produces:

* 19% of India's Industrial Output
* 10% of its Mineral Production
* 20% of its exports
* 25% of its textile production
* 40% of India's pharmaceutical products
* 47% petrochemical production

- Gujarat ranks first nationwide in gas-based thermal electricity generation with national market share of over 8% and second nationwide in nuclear electricity generation with national market share of over 1%.

- It has a huge number of quality educational institution, and its social indicators like school enrolment, healthcare, nutrition, have skyrocketed since Modi's term began.

- Agricultural output grew at 14%(!!) during Modi's tenure, as opposed to 2-3% in the rest of India.

^^^Also, Gujarat's economy overall grey at 11.4 % (as fast as China) during Modi's tenure.

Salaam bros....

Well, my opinion is that things like this do happen...it can happen anywhere...In Australia, in NewZealand, in South Africa , in Usa , in China and even in Pakistan.... Its all part and parcel of a evolving country.... even family members do fight sometimes......:cheers:

hello guys,

new to here...

but i don't understand why modi won the elections in dec 07? is it because people forget everything? is it because the elections are after 5 years of the tragedy?

he became the CM for the concecutive 3rd time. even he make a record to be gujarat's CM for the longest period.

can someone focus, why this happened?

They were riots, not Genocide.

'Genocide' is used with populations are wiped out on a large scale.

Have you heard of any developing modern day country where 3000 people are killed in a couple of days ? My sympathies for all people who died but if you check the defination of genocide below you will see that Gujarat does qualify under it.

Regards

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

While precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. Article 2, of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

Have you heard of any developing modern day country where 3000 people are killed in a couple of days ? My sympathies for all people who died but if you check the defination of genocide below you will see that Gujarat does qualify under it.

Where did you get the 3000 figure?

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

While precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. Article 2, of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of a group.

Muslims still live in Gujarat and participate in all walks of life.

Both religious groups were targeted by mobs.

Genocide is always one-sided.

Darfur, Rwanda, Armenian, Bosnian: these are genocide

You cannot call it Genocide unless there is large-scale ethnic-cleansing over a sustained period of time.

Where did you get the 3000 figure?

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Gujarat Muslim women 'rape victims'

The official death toll in last month's riots has now risen to 778, although welfare groups put the figure at about 2000.

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of a group.

Muslims still live in Gujarat and participate in all walks of life.

Both religious groups were targeted by mobs.

By mobs ? Consisting of whom ? Why then the world over all neutral reports state that the Muslims bore the brunt of the attacks and losses ?

Genocide is always one-sided.

It was one sided and a shamefull period for India.

Regards

Ps : You still have to tell me in which developing country other than Iraq, China has such a situation taken place.

Regards

Ps : You still have to tell me in which developing country other than Iraq, China has such a situation taken place.

Please prove your 3000 figure, and also prove that it was one sided. Its your prerogative to do so since you staked these claims.

I say that the figure was substantially lesser, and people of both groups were killed in substantial numbers.

Hence the term "riots', and not "genocide".

We haven't agreed on what exactly the situation was, therefore we cannot start talking about which other countries had a similar situation.

To make it easier, I'll repeat my examples of modern day genocides: Rwanda, Darfur and Bosnia.

I'll also repeat what I think closely resembles genocide: Ethnic Cleansing.

Now please tell me: Was there ethnic cleansing in Gujarat?

Regards

It is a shameful part of India's history, one from which we have drawn lessons.

I also concede that the state machinery was not upto the mark. This does not imply that it was in an all out total effort to annihilate the Muslim populace of Gujrat.

It, however, was not a genocide and was not one-sided.

It is a shameful part of India's history, one from which we have drawn lessons.

I also concede that the state machinery was not upto the mark. This does not imply that it was in an all out total effort to annihilate the Muslim populace of Gujrat.

It, however, was not a genocide and was not one-sided.

Dear Vish,

From all accounts published in the media it was a genocide in certain neighborhoods.

However I understand that the Indian Courts have gone out of the way to give justice to the people which is a very good thing. I am happy that Indians and Indian Govt. have realised that the more they intergrate with the West the more they will be accountable for their human rights records and such incidents will probably not happen in future.

Regards

Please prove your 3000 figure, and also prove that it was one sided. Its your prerogative to do so since you staked these claims.

I say that the figure was substantially lesser, and people of both groups were killed in substantial numbers.

Hence the term "riots', and not "genocide".

We haven't agreed on what exactly the situation was, therefore we cannot start talking about which other countries had a similar situation.

To make it easier, I'll repeat my examples of modern day genocides: Rwanda, Darfur and Bosnia.

I'll also repeat what I think closely resembles genocide: Ethnic Cleansing.

Now please tell me: Was there ethnic cleansing in Gujarat?

Whether its 2000 or 3000 does it matter ?

So now you wish to compare India to Rwanda, Darfur and Bosnia. Well thats your perogrative !

Haven't some localities in Gujarat become no go areas for Muslims and vice versa ?

Regards

From all accounts published in the media it was a genocide in certain neighbourhoods

Genocide is a very strong word which is used for a large-scale, sustained, wiping-out of population groups.

Pitched battles in neighbourhoods cannot be described by such a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom