What's new

Greek/Hellenic Armed Forces Thread - Pictures, News Articles and Discussions on all Greek/Hellenic Military Affairs.

Four ships, one will be built in Italy, the other three in Greece.
Oh yeah,I read that in the article and I forgot. Lol!

So you're in favor of the Doha class? It's not bad,it's great but...I would like us to have 5 Gowind HN. But the Arrowhead HN is also great.

Check out the strain on the chains due to the ship listing to starboard from heavy seas!

1655059409535.png

@LeGenD or @waz , could either of you gents pls sticky this thread for the Hellenic Armed Forces since it's gaining traction and will make it easier to find and not get lost in the regular threads with all the new daily threads posts? That would be much appreciated.

EODH presents for the first time the heavy version of the advanced protection system « ASPIS Modular NG – MBT » (ASPIS – Advanced Shielding Platform Integrated System), installed on a Leopard 2A4 turret and designed as a complete hybrid solution that combines passive and active protection elements in the frontal arc to cope with modern threats such as tandem warhead ATGMs and the new generation of long-rod APFSDS rounds.

ASPIS technology is multi-hit capable, and a damaged armor module can be replaced in the battlefield by the crew. The solution proposed by EODH can be applied as an upgrade of existing MBTs or integrated into new designs and it meets the new challenges posed by attack drones, loitering ammunitions, and the new fire-and-forget top-attack ATGM with parabolic trajectory.

It uses stand-alone millimeter-wave radar sensors, distributed on the roof of the turret that detect incoming threats approaching the roof from high elevation angles, and, at the appropriate time, triggers directed explosion charges that neutralize the threat.

1655273049678.png

1655273076085.png

1655273092439.png

reference: https://showdailies.edrmagazine.eu/...duce-new-developments-in-armoured-protection/

That ASPIS modular armor is quite something. Maybe we'll get to see some videos of it being tested, especially the double impacting capability it has.

Some pics.

The first Hellenic Air Force F-16 block 52 to receive the Viper upgrade.

1655506592722.png

1655506522046.png

MICA IR integrated on HAF Mirage 2K.

1655506772429.png

2K in mint condition.

1655506806371.png

1655506820603.png

1655506847333.png

1655506869656.png

1655506892704.png

EODH presents for the first time the heavy version of the advanced protection system « ASPIS Modular NG – MBT » (ASPIS – Advanced Shielding Platform Integrated System), installed on a Leopard 2A4 turret and designed as a complete hybrid solution that combines passive and active protection elements in the frontal arc to cope with modern threats such as tandem warhead ATGMs and the new generation of long-rod APFSDS rounds.

ASPIS technology is multi-hit capable, and a damaged armor module can be replaced in the battlefield by the crew. The solution proposed by EODH can be applied as an upgrade of existing MBTs or integrated into new designs and it meets the new challenges posed by attack drones, loitering ammunitions, and the new fire-and-forget top-attack ATGM with parabolic trajectory.

It uses stand-alone millimeter-wave radar sensors, distributed on the roof of the turret that detect incoming threats approaching the roof from high elevation angles, and, at the appropriate time, triggers directed explosion charges that neutralize the threat.

View attachment 854031

View attachment 854032

View attachment 854033

reference: https://showdailies.edrmagazine.eu/...duce-new-developments-in-armoured-protection/
I'm still buffled as to how did they develop that. But I think,in the end,the Germans will take the job to upgrade the Leopard 2A4 to 2A7.

It's the oriental Greece :P

It was like heaven. I remember my parents special weekend trips to Famagusta beaches. Absolutely exquisite! We left right before the trouble started as my father was with the UN and he got a "heads up", so to speak. Shame that filthy invasion that's still considered illegal and unrecognized till today. Been to Greece many times, as well.

Here's a Meteor on a Greek Rafale:

Oh man, so it is for sure! Wow, that right there elevates the Hellenic Air Force from super status to the ultimate now. The bottom of the Aegean will be littered with you know what. That missile is simply the greatest military game changer that exists today. Congrats. We will die if those actually make it into the EAF.

BTW, any idea what this is? Mounted on HAF Mirage 2K outer pylon.

1655780839084.png

It was like heaven. I remember my parents special weekend trips to Famagusta beaches. Absolutely exquisite! We left right before the trouble started as my father was with the UN and he got a "heads up", so to speak. Shame that filthy invasion that's still considered illegal and unrecognized till today. Been to Greece many times, as well.

Oh man, so it is for sure! Wow, that right there elevates the Hellenic Air Force from super status to the ultimate now. The bottom of the Aegean will be littered with you know what. That missile is simply the greatest military game changer that exists today. Congrats. We will die if those actually make it into the EAF.

BTW, any idea what this is? Mounted on HAF Mirage 2K outer pylon.

View attachment 855488
What is that?

Back
Top Bottom