What's new

Greek/Hellenic Armed Forces Thread - Pictures, News Articles and Discussions on all Greek/Hellenic Military Affairs.

When is the Viper upgrade on these beauties gonna start, Foinikas?

Will these block 50s also get the upgrade? These are already pretty advanced and does the upgrade include the new SAR radar?

Hellenic F-16D Blck 50 beauty Tiger Meet.
1652396169925.png

When is the Viper upgrade on these beauties gonna start, Foinikas?
They said that they would have the first 8 ready by the end of the year. And if that excludes the first one that was used for trials,that might be 9 F-16Vs.

The first ones to be upgraded will be the Block 52+ and Block 52+ Adv. and their equipment will be used to upgrade older models.

Rafale will reach 24 in total 😋

Ah crap, really? They'll have all 24 built & delivered by the end of 2023?

I used to think the HAF F-16s were block 50s like the turkish ones, but then I noticed they had the Pratt & Whitney engines just like the EAF ones and not the GE engines, which makes them the block 52s.

Ah crap, really? They'll have all 24 built & delivered by the end of 2023?

I used to think the HAF F-16s were block 50s like the turkish ones, but then I noticed they had the Pratt & Whitney engines just like the EAF ones and not the GE engines, which makes them the block 52s.
No,but they won't have all of the F-16Vs delivered by 2023 I suppose,that's why I said. It would have been nice,but I don't know.

The last 6 Rafale will be brand new. Meanwhile,our government is fixed with getting F-35s for some reason :S

Greece decides to upgrade its 183 Leopard 2A4 MBT to Leopard 2A7 HEL standard and to procure 205 KF41 Lynx IFV.
Most importantly a new assembling factory will be build.

LYNX-T-1920x1388.jpg

Leo2HELx105mm.jpg

There are news of a deal with the Germans about getting 205 Lynx IFVs and upgrading the 183 Leopard 2A4 tanks to Leopard 2A7,as well as having a part in the production of the Lynx.

How about this beauty. Hellenic Rafale F3R. Almost the same pic as in your avatar, Foinikas. Probably the same aircraft.

1654056719945.png

Back
Top Bottom