What's new

Golden Temple to provide 1 lakh meals daily for Kashmir : Punjabiyan di shaan vakhri

They are mostly non-vegetarians. The national bird of Punjab is "Butter Chicken". But veg. food is prepared and served in all gurudwaras.
National bird of punjab is butter chicken!!!!thats really extraordinary sir

Please don't take it in that way. In langars at Gurudwaras, people sit down and are being served by volunteers. To accept the food in that manner is showing gratitude to one who is serving and respect to the food.

As my late mother taught, If one gets to serve a needy, think yourself as a privileged one as God chose to help the person through you.

That pic was not meant to be specific to the tragedy in Kashmir. It actually represents a person accepting roti in a langar. It is customary that everyone sits on the carpeted floor, which basically symbolifies equality. And when dinner is served, one has to fold their hand and accept the roti as a token of gratitude.

I have taken Langar as well as distributed it. So I understand how Langar in Gurudwara might work, even if I have never been to a Gurudwara myself.

It is gratitude for the giver more than the receiver IMV. But its OK if there is a certain etiquette involved that I did not understand.

big heart of sikhs. a few hundred years back they saved Hinduism too. i am forever indebted to my sikh brothers. :tup::tup:
the number of time sikhs bang on about it... (did they really save, I mean mughals were defeated by marathas ultimately)... makes me wonder... should they have let us die.. :undecided:

i had a sikh friend who once told me beef eating is prohibited for them and i think most of them wouldn't eat pork also .
I have lived with a sikh family in London...they never ate beef or pork...thats why I say, they are the perfect partners for both Hindus and Muslims :-)

i had a sikh friend who once told me beef eating is prohibited for them and i think most of them wouldn't eat pork also .
As a sikh beef yes not pork when i used to cook steaks used to tell my mum its lamb

Look at pictures again, slowly and closely.
The gurudwaras prepare only vegetarian food. Mostly the food consists of daal, tandoori rotis, achaar and halwa is served as prasada. In this case, it seems they prepared some other vegetable dishes. Non-veg is a no no in gurudwaras kitchen..

They will eat roti/ bread while throwing the meat away.
Not true always. I have a Kashmiri muslim friend working with me and when we go out for lunch he eats whatever kind of meat that is available. I asked him once whether he wants to go to a place where halal meat is served, he said doesn't matter. He is regular to all the regular sanwitch shops and Chinese eateries where I am sure halal meat is not served.

In fact, i have met many other muslims here who eat any meat available and halal/non halal does not matter to them at all.

Last edited:
Could someone please tell me what sai baba trust is doing to help the needy at this point if time?

Could someone please tell me what sai baba trust is doing to help the needy at this point if time?
Also big temples like Vaishno Devi/Tirupati and numerous others all over India.

Vaishno devi trust runs big langars but they can help only if they themselves are not impacted. @SarthakGanguly can you shed some light?

oh come on guys,,,its vegetarian food,,
atleast try to conceal d butthurt :D
btw grt initiative,,respect

Good Job-

But apnay mun mian mitho at the end of the title was unnecessary-

Kisi di help kerk jatana v punjabian di shaan nai-

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom