What's new

Golden Temple to provide 1 lakh meals daily for Kashmir : Punjabiyan di shaan vakhri

Not true always. I have a Kashmiri muslim friend working with me and when we go out for lunch he eats whatever kind of meat that is available. I asked him once whether he wants to go to a place where halal meat is served, he said doesn't matter. He is regular to all the regular sanwitch shops and Chinese eateries where I am sure halal meat is not served.

In fact, i have met many other muslims here who eat any meat available and halal/haram does not matter to them at all.

Unless your friend is eating pork, which over-whelming majority of Muslims never do..even the "secular" one's...your friend isn't eating "Haram" ...

Haram in Islamic Law carries a ton of weight. Stop throwing around this word like that (specially Muslims).

What your friend eats is non-Zabiha halal meat.

Many Muslims prefer to eat Zabiha halal meat prepared by Islamic standards by Muslims...hence superior in quality/cleanliness than normal meat.

Anyways, in my country, and in all wider Islamic World, all meat in Zabiha Halal prepared by Islamic Standards. Its even present everywhere in the Western World now...

Hey.....Kashmiris have nothing to worry about haram/halal food.....because the food provided by Golden Temple is PURE VEG.
so no need to worry.
I hope now your worries about the muslim eating habits are vanished.

I would like to one day visit the Golden Temple, they probably serve daal right? :smitten:

Also big temples like Vaishno Devi/Tirupati and numerous others all over India.

Vaishno devi trust runs big langars but they can help only if they themselves are not impacted. @SarthakGanguly can you shed some light?
There are enormous langars all over. From RSS to Art of Living etc etc - everyone are working to provide as much as possible. Mess canteens are also operating in the area.

I am in Bangalore now. Only occasional phone calls - that's all the connection there is. Network is bad though - surprisingly Aircel is working well. They even announced free mobile services. Family has moved to Pathankot temporarily. Though Mattan was not hit badly, supplies were cut off.

Unless your friend is eating pork, which over-whelming majority of Muslims never do..even the "secular" one's...your friend isn't eating "Haram" ...

Haram in Islamic Law carries a ton of weight. Stop throwing around this word like that (specially Muslims).

What your friend eats is non-Zabiha halal meat.

Many Muslims prefer to eat Zabiha halal meat prepared by Islamic standards by Muslims...hence superior in quality/cleanliness than normal meat.

Anyways, in my country, and in all wider Islamic World, all meat in Zabiha Halal prepared by Islamic Standards. Its even present everywhere in the Western World now...
I never said he eats Pork. Ok, fine I will take haram from my post. I thought if the meat is not halal it's considered haram. I was clearly wrong there. Thanks for the correction!!

I know you love indians but I never made any derogatory statement, I just raised the issue of "hygiene" during cooking which is central in the civilized world.

Langar in Gurdwaras and especially that of Darbar Sahib(Golden Temple) is very hygienic. The sevadars who do Seva at Darbar Sahib are required to bath and frequently required to wash hands before doing anything.

No need to give lectures to muslims about their religion. Second why should kashmiris take food prepared by a sikh religious organization, they can get ten times more food from pakistan if occupying indian army leaves kashmir.

Sikh organizations like Khalsa Aid do charitable work all over the world including Muslim countries like Afghanistan, Libya, Turkey, Somalia, Albania, Bosnia and the last time there was an earth quake in AJK(Pakistan), they also went to work there including preparing food for the needy.

During the Gujarat riots, Sikhs from Punjab were sending several truck loads of food everyday for the riot hit victims who were both Hindus and Muslims by feeding and clothing them.

Last edited:
I would like to one day visit the Golden Temple, they probably serve daal right? :smitten:

If you like Daal too much you can visit Data Darbar in Lahore where Daal roti is availabe 24 hours a day since last 1000 years as part of langar.

Not true always. I have a Kashmiri muslim friend working with me and when we go out for lunch he eats whatever kind of meat that is available. I asked him once whether he wants to go to a place where halal meat is served, he said doesn't matter. He is regular to all the regular sanwitch shops and Chinese eateries where I am sure halal meat is not served.

In fact, i have met many other muslims here who eat any meat available and halal/haram does not matter to them at all.
I am yet to see an Indian Muslim who does a halal check before eating. It's impractical. In the West or Islamic countries it may be a given. Not here.

Everyone is welcome. I also did the Sewa once.

I never said he eats Pork. Ok, fine I will take haram from my post. I thought if the meat is not halal it's considered haram. I was clearly wrong there. Thanks for the correction!!

There is a third category of makrooh which is basically it is disliked but not forbidden. Some are of the opinion that food made in Christian countries falls under this category but others say it is haram again it depends on the school of thought. Any big city in the US though will usually have some halal options and if not definitively kosher which is halal for all Muslims as well.

i had a sikh friend who once told me beef eating is prohibited for them and i think most of them wouldn't eat pork also .

Almost all the sikhs and hindus I have met in germany do consume pork whenever they are served with it.

Almost all the sikhs and hindus I have met in germany do consume pork whenever they are served with it.
well a lot of hindus in india eat pork , not a problem , its their choice .

well a lot of hindus in india eat pork , not a problem , its their choice .

Yes I know indians have no fixed culture even though they brag alot about so-called indian civilization, now I understand why they made good slaves during muslim and later british times in south asia.

In fact, i have met many other muslims here who eat any meat available and halal/non halal does not matter to them at all.

Your so-called kashmiri friend is everything except a muslim.

Last edited:
Yes I know indians have no fixed culture even though they brag alot about so-called indian civilization, now I understand why they made good slaves during muslim and later british times in south asia.

pork is consumed a lot in madikeri dist of karnataka , if you go there you would know that a lot of these shops were pork is sold is run by muslims

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom