What's new

German Air Force shows it can be in Asia in a day

Maybe they will reunite,but I hope peacefully.

Because they're not fucking independent and they had referandums to stay or leave in the UK or Spain.

Taiwan on the other hand,has been an independent country for more than 70 years. And they do not want to unite with the PRC.
Absolutely BS by you. Proven of your selective stance of so called EU. Catalan loves to be Independent from Spain but they will beat back by a force of police and have their leader threaten and arrested. As if they have a choice.

Same as Scotland who wants independent but ignore by British.

The state of Wa in Myanmar also have their army , their government and they don't take order from central government but that doesn't mean they are independent and nobody recognize their independent, not even China despite they speak Chinese and used RMB as their currency.

So much BS from you. Let me repeat, you are nothing but a disgusting hypocrite who don't deserve any respect.

Why exactly do you call me a "liar"? What are the "crimes" that I am "defending"?
A hypocrite who selective ignorant facts and reality deserve to be called a liar and get bash.

The state of Wa in Myanmar also have their army , their government and they don't take order from central government but that doesn't mean they are independent and nobody recognize their independent, not even China despite they speak Chinese and used RMB as their currency.
They have everything different from Myamar, but they don't have their own currency, their currency is Chinese Yuan, their mobile service provider is China mobile

Taiwan issue serves as a wake-up call to European powers
https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F1%252F3%252F3%252F4%252F41814331-1-eng-GB%252F20220816%2520Rapid%2520Pacific%25202022%2520photo%2520main.jpg

A Eurofighter, painted with the flags of Australia, Singapore, Japan and South Korea, refuels with the help of an Airbus A330. © Bundeswehr
SHOGO AKAGAWA, Editor-in-Chief for Europe, Middle East and AfricaAugust 16, 2022 21:27 JST

LONDON -- The German Air Force has begun an exercise named Rapid Pacific 2022, sending a fleet of aircraft to the far lands of Asia.

Six Eurofighter jets, four A400M multirole aircraft and three A330 multirole tanker transport planes on Monday took off from Neuburg Air Base, en route to Singapore. The goal was to reach the city-state within 24 hours, which it did, to show that the German Air Force can be in the heart of the Indo-Pacific in a day.
From there, the fleet will head to Australia, South Korea and Japan.

Fittingly, one Eurofighter was painted with the flags of Germany and the countries the fleet is visiting, to show unity with Germany's Indo-Pacific partners.

Why is the Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) deploying aircraft to the Indo-Pacific for the first time in the post-World War II era?

"We want to show that we stand for multilateralism and the rules-based international order, together with our security partners," a Ministry of Defense spokesperson told Nikkei.

Clearly, China is in mind. Following the deployment of a frigate to East Asia in 2021, this is another political message from Berlin.

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F_aliases%252Farticleimage%252F2%252F6%252F5%252F4%252F41814562-4-eng-GB%252FCropped-166064124920220815-start-rapa22-haelke-01.jpg
The specially foiled Eurofighter "Air Ambassador" takes off from Neuburg Air Base to join the Rapid Pacific 2022 exercise. © Bundeswehr

It marks a stark change of direction for Germany. The shift was led by the Social Democratic Party (SPD), the champion of pacifism and the new eastern policy, which sought reconciliation with the Communist bloc.

Berlin has learned the harsh lesson of going too deep with authoritarian states. For the half-century since the 1970s, Germany relied on Russia for energy. Those ties are now proving difficult to sever.

In an interview with Nikkei, SDP heavyweight Michael Muller, a former mayor of Berlin, emphasized, "We must ensure that we do not get into new dependencies with China. This is the lesson from the current Russia-Ukraine crisis."

As Germany, which for years pursued a China-heavy Asia policy, distances itself from China, other European countries are accelerating the shift even faster. Sen. Andre Gattolin of France noted that while Russia is the immediate concern, China poses the bigger long-term threat.
Driven by this trend, Europe, which long had been disinterested in the issue of Taiwan, is now ready to side with the U.S. on the contentious topic.

When China reacted angrily to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's stop in Taiwan and began live-fire drills surrounding the island, Josep Borrell, the EU's foreign policy chief, said the response could not be justified. The French Foreign Ministry also pressed China to respect order.

Faced with the real threat of Russia, European powers have rediscovered the value of the Transatlantic alliance with the U.S. The U.S. has Europe's back when it comes to Russia. Therefore, if the U.S. is confronting China, Europe should back the U.S. too, recent thinking goes. A new determination is rising in Europe.

China's strategy to counter this trend seems to be to propose bilateral talks with individual European countries. Splitting the democratic camp has always been a big part of the authoritarian playbook. Europe, so far, has been swaying and avoiding the punches.
Taiwan sees an opportunity to make inroads. In May, Economic Vice Minister Chen Chern-chyi visited Lithuania for the first vice-ministerial meeting between the two economies and held a business roundtable.

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F_aliases%252Farticleimage%252F4%252F8%252F3%252F5%252F41815384-3-eng-GB%252FCropped-1660645691P90469940_lowRes_bmw-brilliance-autom.jpg
Workers add finishing touches at the paint shop at BMW's plant in Shenyang, China. German manufacturers have massive operations in the country. © BMW

But for the European economy, distancing itself from China is far more complicated than doing so with Russia. European leaders will keep an eye on the quinquennial Chinese Communist Party national congress this autumn, hoping that a more flexible leadership emerges in Beijing. Until then, the plan is to uphold the "One China" policy.

Liz Truss, the British Foreign Secretary running for prime minister, is a known China hawk. Yet, she has declared that she has no intention of visiting Taiwan as prime minister.

In Germany, some pro-Taiwan lawmakers are planning a bipartisan trip to Taiwan.
East Asia has traditionally not been an area of interest for Europe. The lack of experience will inevitably force policymakers to stumble as they try to formulate a China strategy.

Japan and the democracies of Asia find themselves with a golden opportunity to lend a hand to Europe in this endeavor and deepen ties.

Germany Air Force first needs to demonstrate that in case of war their 75 % of fighter jets can be at war in minutes. Right now if they go to war I am pretty sure hardly 10 of their planes would be in condition to go to war.

Western double speak. They sell weapons to Taiwanese to slaughter Chinese just like they sell weapons to Ukrainians to slaughter Russians.
nobody has the moral high ground on this: west, china, russia. Everybody does this. China did it in North Korea, Russians in Vietnam, and US in Afghanistan. Everybody feels they have a gain that can come through this. Russians getting slaughtered in Ukraine is same as Americans in Vietnam. Nobody has moral high ground when it comes to this sort of external interference.

And yes Taiwan makes the world's high performance chips. No western country wants to upset the status quo. So regardless of who recognizes what, there is a lot of resistance to this idea. Don't read in my argument that I am saying China is right or West is moral.

This is the game of power. Everybody plays it.

Absolutely BS by you. Proven of your selective stance of so called EU. Catalan loves to be Independent from Spain but they will beat back by a force of police and have their leader threaten and arrested. As if they have a choice.

So much BS from you. Let me repeat, you are nothing but a disgusting hypocrite who don't deserve any respect.

A hypocrite who selective ignorant facts and reality deserve to be called a liar and get bash.
Abuse and personal insults on the forum. Thats a powerful way to get your point across. Good thing that Chinese Govt believes in a more diplomatic approach to soft power and influence across the world. If the Chinese adopted this approach of abuse to get their policy goals, it would be a lone ranger.

When you resort to a frustrated view like this, you are compensating for weaker argument or at least it comes across that way. You must have better things to do in your life than come here and expect by hurling abuse you are going to get the readers to agree to your view point.

Catalans had a referandum and it failed.

Scots had a referandum and the majority wanted to stay in the Union.

Now I will tell you that there's probably more Catalans who want independence,than Scots.

However,I have to remind you again,that these two regions are already part of a country and have had the same government for centuries. Taiwan on the other hand,has been independent for more than 70 years. It is not part of the PRC.

Why are you so pissed off? Where's the hypocrisy? I'm explaining to you that Taiwan is ALREADY a different country,a different State,a different political entity and you talk to me about Catalonia and Scotland which are part of of a country. Who had referandums to become independent,but the majority of people voted "no".

Why do you get so angry?

Taiwan issue serves as a wake-up call to European powers
https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F1%252F3%252F3%252F4%252F41814331-1-eng-GB%252F20220816%2520Rapid%2520Pacific%25202022%2520photo%2520main.jpg

A Eurofighter, painted with the flags of Australia, Singapore, Japan and South Korea, refuels with the help of an Airbus A330. © Bundeswehr
SHOGO AKAGAWA, Editor-in-Chief for Europe, Middle East and AfricaAugust 16, 2022 21:27 JST

LONDON -- The German Air Force has begun an exercise named Rapid Pacific 2022, sending a fleet of aircraft to the far lands of Asia.

Six Eurofighter jets, four A400M multirole aircraft and three A330 multirole tanker transport planes on Monday took off from Neuburg Air Base, en route to Singapore. The goal was to reach the city-state within 24 hours, which it did, to show that the German Air Force can be in the heart of the Indo-Pacific in a day.
From there, the fleet will head to Australia, South Korea and Japan.

Fittingly, one Eurofighter was painted with the flags of Germany and the countries the fleet is visiting, to show unity with Germany's Indo-Pacific partners.

Why is the Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) deploying aircraft to the Indo-Pacific for the first time in the post-World War II era?

"We want to show that we stand for multilateralism and the rules-based international order, together with our security partners," a Ministry of Defense spokesperson told Nikkei.

Clearly, China is in mind. Following the deployment of a frigate to East Asia in 2021, this is another political message from Berlin.

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F_aliases%252Farticleimage%252F2%252F6%252F5%252F4%252F41814562-4-eng-GB%252FCropped-166064124920220815-start-rapa22-haelke-01.jpg
The specially foiled Eurofighter "Air Ambassador" takes off from Neuburg Air Base to join the Rapid Pacific 2022 exercise. © Bundeswehr

It marks a stark change of direction for Germany. The shift was led by the Social Democratic Party (SPD), the champion of pacifism and the new eastern policy, which sought reconciliation with the Communist bloc.

Berlin has learned the harsh lesson of going too deep with authoritarian states. For the half-century since the 1970s, Germany relied on Russia for energy. Those ties are now proving difficult to sever.

In an interview with Nikkei, SDP heavyweight Michael Muller, a former mayor of Berlin, emphasized, "We must ensure that we do not get into new dependencies with China. This is the lesson from the current Russia-Ukraine crisis."

As Germany, which for years pursued a China-heavy Asia policy, distances itself from China, other European countries are accelerating the shift even faster. Sen. Andre Gattolin of France noted that while Russia is the immediate concern, China poses the bigger long-term threat.
Driven by this trend, Europe, which long had been disinterested in the issue of Taiwan, is now ready to side with the U.S. on the contentious topic.

When China reacted angrily to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's stop in Taiwan and began live-fire drills surrounding the island, Josep Borrell, the EU's foreign policy chief, said the response could not be justified. The French Foreign Ministry also pressed China to respect order.

Faced with the real threat of Russia, European powers have rediscovered the value of the Transatlantic alliance with the U.S. The U.S. has Europe's back when it comes to Russia. Therefore, if the U.S. is confronting China, Europe should back the U.S. too, recent thinking goes. A new determination is rising in Europe.

China's strategy to counter this trend seems to be to propose bilateral talks with individual European countries. Splitting the democratic camp has always been a big part of the authoritarian playbook. Europe, so far, has been swaying and avoiding the punches.
Taiwan sees an opportunity to make inroads. In May, Economic Vice Minister Chen Chern-chyi visited Lithuania for the first vice-ministerial meeting between the two economies and held a business roundtable.

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F_aliases%252Farticleimage%252F4%252F8%252F3%252F5%252F41815384-3-eng-GB%252FCropped-1660645691P90469940_lowRes_bmw-brilliance-autom.jpg
Workers add finishing touches at the paint shop at BMW's plant in Shenyang, China. German manufacturers have massive operations in the country. © BMW

But for the European economy, distancing itself from China is far more complicated than doing so with Russia. European leaders will keep an eye on the quinquennial Chinese Communist Party national congress this autumn, hoping that a more flexible leadership emerges in Beijing. Until then, the plan is to uphold the "One China" policy.

Liz Truss, the British Foreign Secretary running for prime minister, is a known China hawk. Yet, she has declared that she has no intention of visiting Taiwan as prime minister.

In Germany, some pro-Taiwan lawmakers are planning a bipartisan trip to Taiwan.
East Asia has traditionally not been an area of interest for Europe. The lack of experience will inevitably force policymakers to stumble as they try to formulate a China strategy.

Japan and the democracies of Asia find themselves with a golden opportunity to lend a hand to Europe in this endeavor and deepen ties.

LOL

madagascar-emergency-landing.gif

Taiwan is a geographic name, not a country name, the country name is the republic of China.

Catalans had a referandum and it failed.

Scots had a referandum and the majority wanted to stay in the Union.

Now I will tell you that there's probably more Catalans who want independence,than Scots.

However,I have to remind you again,that these two regions are already part of a country and have had the same government for centuries. Taiwan on the other hand,has been independent for more than 70 years. It is not part of the PRC.

Why are you so pissed off? Where's the hypocrisy? I'm explaining to you that Taiwan is ALREADY a different country,a different State,a different political entity and you talk to me about Catalonia and Scotland which are part of of a country. Who had referandums to become independent,but the majority of people voted "no".

Why do you get so angry?

LOL.. Stop diverting the point. Its not about whether the place has an independent state, different political entity. You mean if the place meet all those criteria and yet they dont want to be independent and you can force them to go independent? LOL...

Its about autocratic and non democracy way to keep those place despite the freedom and democracy brag by your Europeans. Doesnt matter , you EU behaves just like CPC by using force, send police to suppress referandums and refuse independent voting for Scotland. At least CPC, dont brag themselves as democracy champion. Not like the hypocrite of EU.

And once again, EU bragging to be human right champion but when comes to Palestine, Indian Kashmir. Zero sanction against Israel and India. Let me repeat again, I am right about EU and u being a hypocrite. You are not fit to even tell others of your info. Full of bull, twisted info and lies.

LOL.. Stop diverting the point. Its not about whether the place has an independent state, different political entity. You mean if the place meet all those criteria and yet they dont want to be independent and you can force them to go independent? LOL...

Its about autocratic and non democracy way to keep those place despite the freedom and democracy brag by your Europeans. Doesnt matter , you EU behaves just like CPC by using force, send police to suppress referandums and refuse independent voting for Scotland. At least CPC, dont brag themselves as democracy champion. Not like the hypocrite of EU.

And once again, EU bragging to be human right champion but when comes to Palestine, Indian Kashmir. Zero sanction against Israel and India. Let me repeat again, I am right about EU and u being a hypocrite. You are not fit to even tell others of your info. Full of bull, twisted info and lies.
First of all,I'm not diverting the point. I talked to you with logic. Second,the EU has nothing to do with the CPC. The EU is made out of different countries with their own laws and cultures who can disagree with the EU decisions. As for using police for the referendums etc. that's just stupid. The British voted to leave the European Union. The majority of the Scots voted to remain in the UK. Not everybody wants to leave.

As for the hyprocrisy bullshit on the Palestinian issue and Kashmir,I have to remind you again,that not all EU countries have the same stance.

First of all,I'm not diverting the point. I talked to you with logic. Second,the EU has nothing to do with the CPC. The EU is made out of different countries with their own laws and cultures who can disagree with the EU decisions. As for using police for the referendums etc. that's just stupid. The British voted to leave the European Union. The majority of the Scots voted to remain in the UK. Not everybody wants to leave.

As for the hyprocrisy bullshit on the Palestinian issue and Kashmir,I have to remind you again,that not all EU countries have the same stance.

See your hyprocrisy. You claim not every EU countries has the same stance. Then can I say not all EU see Taiwan as an independent country despite all the nonsense you preach just now? They see Taiwan is just a province of China and they dont want to deal with Taiwan too much..

See your hyprocrisy. You claim not every EU countries has the same stance. Then can I say not all EU see Taiwan as an independent country despite all the nonsense you preach just now? They see Taiwan is just a province of China and they dont want to deal with Taiwan too much..
That's hypocrisy? 🙄 Are you kidding me?

Back
Top Bottom