What's new

(GCC VS IRAN) GI + AIR FORCE

The Airforce Saudia have is with outdoubt a Trump card
RSAF-Typhoon-top.jpg

landscape-1446582445-1ortbk.jpg

f-15-eagle_001.jpg

Fighter Jets are capable of knocking out SAM batteries

Under Iran's section in your print screen it shows battalions. The one on the left is for Algeria.

That's the old 2007 S-300PMU1 order. Russia cancelled that and now there is the new order for the 4 S-300PMU2 battalions, which nobody knows the cost of.
The way I see it is that each battalion would have these several batteries spread out over a large area, and in the event of a threat the central battalion command post would relay the information it garnered from the acquisition radar to the batteries. Of course, Iran's IADS would mean there can be a lot more data from a lot more sources going to that command post, which would mean a better picture of the situation. I'd think in the event of war the battalions would be moved to more threatened area.

There is no such thing as overkill :devil:

Jokes aside, I don't think so. When you think this will be used to defend high value targets like the capital city Tehran, major military bases, and the nuclear program. Bearing in mind Iran got the S-300 to repel large and skilled forces like the US and Israeli Air Forces. Also considering that Iran probably didn't get the full 192 missiles.

I am only using it as a measuring method. It avoids complication to just use those instead of everything, besides, then we have to actually define a system, which would be a battalion, since as @Malik Alashter shows with AusAirpower each battalion has just 1 acquisition shared radar between the up to 6 batteries.

@Malik Alashter already brought a VERY reputable source in Australia Airpower. If you are not familiar with that site I suggest you pay a visit, they are outstanding.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-S-300PMU2-Favorit.html
Quite familiar with kopp and his shenanigans, he does a lot of referenced research but at times his. Conclusions and references are lacking.

In this case, I am amiss at mention of battalion vs battery sizes being anywhere in that article, perhaps you can quote the exact section where he states x batteries per battalion or otherwise.

Fighter Jets are capable of knocking out SAM batteries
And vice versa.

Quite familiar with kopp and his shenanigans, he does a lot of referenced research but at times his. Conclusions and references are lacking.

In this case, I am amiss at mention of battalion vs battery sizes being anywhere in that article, perhaps you can quote the exact section where he states x batteries per battalion or otherwise.
The broad architecture of the system divides it into three core components:
  1. A single 83M6E2 battle management system, comprising the upgraded 54K6E2 Command Post and the 64N6E2 Big Bird acquisition radar system;
  2. Up to six S-300PMU2 battery fire units, each comprising an upgraded 30N6E2 Tomb Stone engagement radar, each of which can control up to twelve 5P85SE2 or 5P85TE2 TELs, common to the S-400;
  3. The 82Ts6E2 missile storage, resupply and maintenance suite.
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-S-300PMU2-Favorit.html#mozTocId899459

I understand why you are doubtful, its because this would imply a very large number of TELs. But as I have already said, it is unlikely that everything is the maximum, for example each battalion may have only 3 batteries and each battery only 4 TELs, which would reduce the number by 4 times. I am only going by the definitions we have been given, and using the maximum values for easy comparison.

And vice versa.

The broad architecture of the system divides it into three core components:
  1. A single 83M6E2 battle management system, comprising the upgraded 54K6E2 Command Post and the 64N6E2 Big Bird acquisition radar system;
  2. Up to six S-300PMU2 battery fire units, each comprising an upgraded 30N6E2 Tomb Stone engagement radar, each of which can control up to twelve 5P85SE2 or 5P85TE2 TELs, common to the S-400;
  3. The 82Ts6E2 missile storage, resupply and maintenance suite.
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-S-300PMU2-Favorit.html#mozTocId899459

I understand why you are doubtful, its because this would imply a very large number of TELs. But as I have already said, it is unlikely that everything is the maximum, for example each battalion may have only 3 batteries and each battery only 4 TELs, which would reduce the number by 4 times. I am only going by the definitions we have been given, and using the maximum values for easy comparison.
That still brings the total engagement area to no more than four locations. So while we may have a greater(or lesser) number of missiles per area, this is not going to be total coverage but rather overlapping areas of engagement that cover crucial sites.

That still brings the total engagement area to no more than four locations. So while we may have a greater(or lesser) number of missiles per area, this is not going to be total coverage but rather overlapping areas of engagement that cover crucial sites.

And that's still a great thing to have. :-) These are strategic SAMs that are to defend high value targets, they better be potent in the areas they are used.

Iran will plasma everything in suadi and certainly will turn it to 1000 BCE.

Plus millions of Iranians/ Shias soldiers are ready to take revenge of Ahlulbayt (PBUT) from filthy Umayyads and their children as hero Abu Muslim Khorasani and many other Iranian, Iraqi generals did in past.
Come on
by the way AbuMuslim was Sunni

Iran will plasma everything in suadi and certainly will turn it to 1000 BCE.

Plus millions of Iranians/ Shias soldiers are ready to take revenge of Ahlulbayt (PBUT) from filthy Umayyads and their children as hero Abu Muslim Khorasani and many other Iranian, Iraqi generals did in past.

And that's still a great thing to have. :-) These are strategic SAMs that are to defend high value targets, they better be potent in the areas they are used.
Oh there is no doubt in that. Essentially its boosted the state of Iranian ADGE tenfold.

You guys are crazy, especially the guy ARABIC who craeted this thread . :crazy:

For what reason 2 big muslim nations will fight and kill each other ?

Yes, we disagree on many issues in the region and keep creating mess by proxy wars, but I don't see a direct confrontation can solve these issues !

Think of what will happen in the perioud during and after the war.... and directly you will notice that you'll lose your power as a result of the war and other regional powers will take your place and dominate the region.

Al Saud and Khamini are fighting for power and influence, but keep in mind that there are other regional powers waiting for a chance to a play a role in the region such Turkey, Israel and Egypt !

When KSA and Iran are gone, one of the three powrs will lead the convoy ! :azn:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom