What's new

Future of JF-17

just for my knowledge:

How many parts do we require to manufacter a Full working aircraft? i have heard its in thousands but what is a rough estimation?

Thanks,

later on you can close this topic if you want..... as i said earlier....... i am 0 about aircrafts

just for my knowledge:

How many parts do we require to manufacter a Full working aircraft? i have heard its in thousands but what is a rough estimation?

Thanks,

later on you can close this topic if you want..... as i said earlier....... i am 0 about aircrafts

Even people who know lots about aircraft won't know the number of parts in them. Not thousands, tens of thousands.

Great Post FATMAN 17

"this is a funny thread - the JF-17 hasnt been inducted yet we are already discussing its future!
sorta like putting the cart before the horse! "

Exactly my argument.

Give the plane a chance folks here want to rip it up and start again. NEW ENGINE, new radar, new western weapons,

" Have some faith " in your chinease friends

well this is not a funny thread i believe

I mentioned in my first post that i am just a ordinary Pakistani living abroad and i am far away from Aircrafts and other military related equipments so i just asked a simple question. It might be funny for you because you know about aircrafts and may be i am expert in something you don't know and next time if you ask that to me should i say its funny?

I mentioned in my first post that i am just a ordinary Pakistani living abroad and i am far away from Aircrafts and other military related equipments so i just asked a simple question. It might be funny for you because you know about aircrafts and may be i am expert in something you don't know and next time if you ask that to me should i say its funny?

just ignore it sir!
i bet sir Fatman never intended to make fun of you!it can never happen!!:smitten:

i guess we have enough of this discussion and you must have got some information about the project, i will recommend that you visit the thread of JF
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/16086-jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter.html
you surely will have to buy some time but i assure you that i would be worth it! you will find detail information about the JF17 project! no one is going to post all that info on this thread now and this is why i think you better go through the JF17 thread if you have intrest in this topic!
i hope you understand1
thankyou!

regards!

just ignore it sir!
i bet sir Fatman never intended to make fun of you!it can never happen!!:smitten:

i guess we have enough of this discussion and you must have got some information about the project, i will recommend that you visit the thread of JF
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/16086-jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter.html
you surely will have to buy some time but i assure you that i would be worth it! you will find detail information about the JF17 project! no one is going to post all that info on this thread now and this is why i think you better go through the JF17 thread if you have intrest in this topic!
i hope you understand1
thankyou!

regards!

Well, Arsalan brother i have been reading this thread and other threads since long time now........ I think i have been coming to this forum since 2006 so i have read most of your users posts :enjoy:

I was merely asking a question nothing else....... well no problem i got my answers thanks a lot everybody now you can close this thread if you want

Well, Arsalan brother i have been reading this thread and other threads since long time now........ I think i have been coming to this forum since 2006 so i have read most of your users posts :enjoy:

I was merely asking a question nothing else....... well no problem i got my answers thanks a lot everybody now you can close this thread if you want

not a problem, all of us are here to share knowledge and information. most of the members here are not from military but are here coze of there intrest in the field and get and share valuable information! that what the forum is made for!

regards!

The first JF-17s that flew in pakistani airspace on the occasion of 23rd march were built in China and brought in semi-knocked down state. They were re-assembled and painted in pakistan/china colors and flown on 23rd march, 2007.

Then in Jan 2008, Kamra started limited batch production. Here the planes were brought in a more knocked down parts and were assembled in Kamra. The flight testing facility was commissioned so the plane were assembled and flight testing was performed here. During that time till now, other facilities for manufacturing and avionics were being gradually set-up.

June 2009 saw the commencement of full serial production of the JF-17. Some parts are being imported from china and some will start local production. Gradually, this local production will increase to about 60% of airframe and 80% of avionics by 2010-11.

While individual parts are in the thousands, let me tell you what will be produced in pakistan. Both the wings, tail section and front fuselage. Real fuselage that will house the Russian engine and later (most probably) the chinese engine, will be made in China (atleast the parts with possible assembly at Kamra). This is for the 150 planes initial agreement with China. Pakistan will however have full ToT and, if at a later stage have the finances and decides to go for it, will be able to make 100% of the airframe. The engine, as we all know, will be foreign.

Hope that clears it up.

Are u sure u guys are talking about an Indigenous aircraft??:disagree:

The first JF-17s that flew in pakistani airspace on the occasion of 23rd march were built in China and brought in semi-knocked down state. They were re-assembled and painted in pakistan/china colors and flown on 23rd march, 2007.

Then in Jan 2008, Kamra started limited batch production. Here the planes were brought in a more knocked down parts and were assembled in Kamra. The flight testing facility was commissioned so the plane were assembled and flight testing was performed here. During that time till now, other facilities for manufacturing and avionics were being gradually set-up.

June 2009 saw the commencement of full serial production of the JF-17. Some parts are being imported from china and some will start local production. Gradually, this local production will increase to about 60% of airframe and 80% of avionics by 2010-11.

While individual parts are in the thousands, let me tell you what will be produced in pakistan. Both the wings, tail section and front fuselage. Real fuselage that will house the Russian engine and later (most probably) the chinese engine, will be made in China (atleast the parts with possible assembly at Kamra). This is for the 150 planes initial agreement with China. Pakistan will however have full ToT and, if at a later stage have the finances and decides to go for it, will be able to make 100% of the airframe. The engine, as we all know, will be foreign.

Hope that clears it up.

I think PAF should dedicate the possible export earnings from JF for the purpose of Developments and ToT for improved AVios and Engine:victory:

This is a joint-project from day one and nobody is calling it indigenous. Have you been sleeping?

Btw, if this can be called indigenous then why not JF-17?

While Air Chief Marshal A Y Tipnis urged IAF not to swing from acute scepticism to euphoria after the first flight early last month, his predecessor Air Chief Marshal S K Sareen said that the indigenous components in the LCA were few. ‘‘Only 30 per cent of the airframe is Indian, the fly-by-wire control, avionics and engine are not ours,’’ he said. ‘‘So who are we fooling by saying that 70 per cent of the LCA is indigenous,’’ he asks, while crediting the scientists with effective system integration.

hay any developments on IRbis AESA for LCA????

no we dont dude!
wake up!!!!!
we call it a Pak_china Project, giving us a plane that can fly!

% of foreign components, yet not able to fly!! i bet you got it, i am talking about the LCA friend!

perhaps the post by mean_bird sums it up way better then i have did it!

regards!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom