What's new

French Rafale strikes over Mali

Really? Ranting who? You definitely forgot all the SEAD missions carried by Rafale before intervention by US.

So can Mushaks, so the point being?

thats my question mate ....

then why dont u use K-8 in ur war agaisnt taliban why are u using F16 then:lol:

then you are mis-guided on them mate they have very sophisticated weapons even anti-aircraft guns ....do your research before giving this insane laugh

Any precision weapon is going to cost a bomb (no pun intended!) so either you use dumb bombs and trade-off accuracy or you go for a PGM that will hurt you in your pocket. Even the Hellfires the US is using to take out low-mid level terrorists in Pakistan and Afghanistan cost ~$70,000 apiece!

Right. Now check out what a storm shadow/scalp costs. A cool 800,000 Euros! How many millions of dollars is that? You can fire 15 hellfires for the cost of one storm shadow.

Right. Now check out what a storm shadow/scalp costs. A cool 800,000 Euros! How many millions of dollars is that? You can fire 15 hellfires for the cost of one storm shadow.
~$1 MN USD. I understand what you are saying but the Storm Shadow/SCALP vs Hellfire debate is unfair as the Hellfire is desigend to be fired from slow moving or static aerial vehicles at relatively short ranges whilst the Storm Shadow is designed to be operated on high-performance supersonic fighters at long ranges. I agree the French may be utilising the Storm Shadow in a way that is far from optimal or what it was designed to to but do they really have any other options? They don't have Hellfire equipped UAVs. I don't know why they aren't using LGBs though instead or Eurocopter Tigers equipped with Hellfires or even Spike-ERs? Seems like massive overkill I agree.

But then I come back to the idea that this looks suspiciously like an elaborate Rafale demo to the world and maybe especially India (but probably not-the deal is pretty much in the bag).

~$1 MN USD. I understand what you are saying but the Storm Shadow/SCALP vs Hellfire debate is unfair as the Hellfire is desigend to be fired from slow moving or static aerial vehicles at relatively short ranges whilst the Storm Shadow is designed to be operated on high-performance supersonic fighters at long ranges. I agree the French may be utilising the Storm Shadow in a way that is far from optimal or what it was designed to to but do they really have any other options? They don't have Hellfire equipped UAVs. I don't know why they aren't using LGBs though instead or Eurocopter Tigers equipped with Hellfires or even Spike-ERs? Seems like massive overkill I agree.

But then I come back to the idea that this looks suspiciously like an elaborate Rafale demo to the world and maybe especially India (but probably not-the deal is pretty much in the bag).

That was my point, that air forces need cheaper munitions and cheaper planes for use in conflicts like this. European countries should have an expensive-cheap (or hi-lo) combination of fighters and munitions, since most of their "wars" are going to be of this sort anyway. I don't know why the UK is going for an all EF-F35 combo.

That was my point, that air forces need cheaper munitions and cheaper planes for use in conflicts like this. European countries should have an expensive-cheap (or hi-lo) combination of fighters and munitions, since most of their "wars" are going to be of this sort anyway. I don't know why the UK is going for an all EF-F35 combo.
I'd say for the Europeans, that the "lo" aspect to take care of these situations would in the future be made up of Reaper-like UAVs equipped with Hellfire-like weapons. And yes, the US is much more adapted to low-end, unconventional warfare- the AC-130,A-10 and Reaper are almost solely oreinteted for this type of conflict in the 21st centuary.

Well done France. We got a demo of b our future possession.

thats my question mate ....

then you are mis-guided on them mate they have very sophisticated weapons even anti-aircraft guns ....do your research before giving this insane laugh

mate!!

i knew about Taliban's weapon capabilty .but as u were mentioning what great thing is rafale drops bombs so can K8 but that's the point i indirectly mentioned why french wouldnt want to take chances about mali terrorists ,they could have send Mirage 2005 planes to do that also but why take chances as who knows they may be having Shoulder fired SAM's or anti aircraft guns .

Also for the 1st time they have used GBU bombs on rafale against the mali terrorists:azn:

France also aim to sell the Rafale to UAE this is a good show for future prospective customers

Another neo-colonialism rule. The so called attack on terrorists groups threatening the territorial intergrity of Mali is just a false reason to impose French rule in Mali. The Lybian attack had three objectives-market the rafale to Scatland and Brazil; push the Chinese out of Lybia and accaparate the Lybian oil and natural resources. Regarding Mali, it is again to market the Rafale and Mirage 2000 but also to have an influence on Mali. Any natural reources like oil resources, now will be given to the French companies to exploit. This is how the Western Racist World proceed. Impose a pro Western Government in the African countries through military intervention to throw out any non pro-Western Government or Leaders, so that all resources are handed over to Western countries. While China participate in tender to buy natural resources, the Western countries steal same from these African countries through military intervention. Lybia is now forced to hand over all its oil production to the French, UK and US companies without tender procedures and excluding China, Russia and even India which is so quick to applaud a Rafale performance while it has nothing to gain except spending money on purchasing Western weaponry. The military intervention will cost billions to an already debt ridden France, which is also caught in a deep economic recession. So why such military intervention, it is not because to protect civilians from terrorists otherwise France would have also intervened in Syria. Such intervention has a hidden agenda, to accaparate Mali's natural reources and imposes a pro-French Government in all African countries and push not only China but also India away from Africa. Thats the reality, so there is nothing to applaud here, Scatlanders are applauding like stupids and idiots as if there country, would gain something. Yes Rafale is performing well, just like the Mirage 2000 (and F 16, Gripen, Tornado, Eurofighter if they had participated in this shameful military intervention), India just like all emerging countries like China and Russia are going to be pushed out of Africa if this trend of Western military intervention continues in Africa.

mate!!

i knew about Taliban's weapon capabilty .but as u were mentioning what great thing is rafale drops bombs so can K8 but that's the point i indirectly mentioned why french wouldnt want to take chances about mali terrorists ,they could have send Mirage 2005 planes to do that also but why take chances as who knows they may be having Shoulder fired SAM's or anti aircraft guns .

Also for the 1st time they have used GBU bombs on rafale against the mali terrorists:azn:

They have already downed a Mirage 2000-5. See the link below and read the very last para. Ulitmately US the biggest rogue state will jump in.

Malian rebels overrun garrison town and advance towards capital | World news | guardian.co.uk

I have the last para from this link below

Asked how France could have been unaware of the enemy's capacity, Guidère said: "It's true that the last important [weapons] acquisitions were on the black market and recent, but expressing astonishment is also part of the ministry of defence's communications operation. How else to justify the loss of a soldier so quickly, and the knocking out of a Mirage 2000 fighter jet against people with only Kalashnikovs."

mate!!

They have already downed a Mirage 2000-5. See the link below and read the very last para. Ulitmately US the biggest rogue state will jump in.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/14/malian-rebels-overrun-garrison-town

I have the last para from this link below

Asked how France could have been unaware of the enemy's capacity, Guidère said: "It's true that the last important [weapons] acquisitions were on the black market and recent, but expressing astonishment is also part of the ministry of defence's communications operation. How else to justify the loss of a soldier so quickly, and the knocking out of a Mirage 2000 fighter jet against people with only Kalashnikovs."

On a side note, French weapons dont compare well with US weapons. No country has tested weapons on innocent people like US so their weapons are better in performance.

mate!!

just a marketing stunt to use rafale ...they could have used mirages quite easily ....mirage-20005s are good enough and time tested aircrafts to carry out precision attacks...they are equivalent to the f-16s PAF is using against taliban

An other marketing campaign and demonstration of product????

Highly insensitive.. i might say.

When it happens in states you don't like.. it is marketing and spring... when it does not even happen in Iran.. it is termed as evil French.

Envoi de troupes au Mali: le Canada critiqué - Yahoo! Actualités Quebec

Looks like Canadienne troops may get involved if the UN council approves this mission, time to kick some insurgent back in the sands hehehhe. Also I have noticed some indienne members are equating these extremist to islam :disagree: or attempting to incite pakistanie response or expecting something alright,nice try bonne chance next time.

Edit: http://fr-ca.actualites.yahoo.com/envoi-troupes-au-mali-le-canada-critiqué-013525963.html , i think this is translated my apoligie.

Back
Top Bottom