What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

German subs Type U212 boats i guess .. ?? this deal broke my heart .. if we get with local assembly , it will again be the game changer in south Asian Waters , like Augasta 9B
we were very close to finalising the deal but with 2005 earth quake and 2010 floods our financial situation fcuked navy very good

well i think you are right , its all about how much money you get in your pocket ..
but i think you are assuming a bit to far , i believe we will see at least 2 major deals related to Navy in upcoming 2-3 years ..
Type 21 Frigates are getting very old now , and even pass their retire date ...
they need some Alternative , to replace those 5-6 Frigates ..
With Pakistan's docks becoming more and more important, I think I'm justified in my assumption. What the Karachi port did for PN, Gwadar will repeat at a bigger scale. Those shipping lanes need to be protected, and PN is the only one that can do it.

With Pakistan's docks becoming more and more important, I think I'm justified in my assumption. What the Karachi port did for PN, Gwadar will repeat at a bigger scale. Those shipping lanes need to be protected, and PN is the only one that can do it.

your point is absolutely right .. but have a long list of shopping ...
and to protect a port like Gwadar , and with its importance , i believe PN need to maintain a Standard size Fleet of Frigates/Destroyers , and Subs with AIP ... and a possible Air wing dedicated to PN for strike roles ..with extended range ..
but i hope that they will start working on it , from end of 2015

your point is absolutely right .. but have a long list of shopping ...
and to protect a port like Gwadar , and with its importance , i believe PN need to maintain a Standard size Fleet of Frigates/Destroyers , and Subs with AIP ... and a possible Air wing dedicated to PN for strike roles ..with extended range ..
but i hope that they will start working on it , from end of 2015
PN needs a lot of things. Don't worry, things will get better.

Actually, you don't even know your own countries deals. India and France don't disagree on co-production, they both want it to happen, they happen to disagree on minor technicalities such as who will take responsibility for Indian produced Rafales.

Again, you don't even know what avionics are, there are more important things than avionics on a fighter that France and the US would worry about.

Besides, before the nuclear sanctions, both France actually agreed to supply avionics to the JF-17, they only relented due to extreme pressure from the EU and US.

France and Germany both have expressed their desire to sell Pakistan submarines with ToT, but the only reason why Pakistan hasn't bought them is because of the financial circumstances. In fact, Pakistan was going to buy German subs a few years ago, and even had the deal all worked out with ToT and local assembly, but Pakistan pulled out of the deal at the last second because of a lack of funds.

Get your facts straight.

"They happen to disagree on minor technicalities such as who will take responsibility for Indian produced Rafales."

you might think it is minor. I think it is a major sticking point.

"They happen to disagree on minor technicalities such as who will take responsibility for Indian produced Rafales."

you might think it is minor. I think it is a major sticking point.
Regardless, it is still completely different from what you claimed originally. First research the things you cite, then post them as examples. Don't be a nancy no-facts.

难不成法国不卖AESA巴基斯坦的JF-17就不能更新雷达了?不要太高估法国的工业和政治道德,可以看看他是怎么扣留本应该交付给俄罗斯的西北风两栖攻击舰吧!个人认为就算巴基斯坦和法国的相关交易能够达成,那么这些买来的东西也只能作为参考,而不是拿来会用就行了,相关的技术也得有所了解掌握甚至有所创新,达到提升本国军工业制造水平的程度而不是一味的买买买。

German subs Type U212 boats i guess .. ?? this deal broke my heart .. if we get with local assembly , it will again be the game changer in south Asian Waters , like Augasta 9B
Type U212 sub is same which Israel has named Dolphin?

I am not buying it...they are going to use it as a tactic to push india for the deal...once india is ready, they will again shut their doors to us...I can bet :(

French Ew shall cost double the amount of JF 17. Is Pakistan ready to pay?

French Ew shall cost double the amount of JF 17. Is Pakistan ready to pay?
well french had always done that as they know USA tech isfar superior but comes with many strings attached just a riminder about so called 45 Millon $ M2K upgrade vis a versa the humble little LCA MK1

Tejas ($ 26 million) vs Upgraded mirage-2000 ($ 45 million) by award winning pilot of Indian Airforce Sqn. Leader (Retd.) Suneeth Krishna ........

1.Even if you spend hundred million dollars per plane the radar range of Mirage-2000 will always be smaller than Tejas mk1 due to bigger radome of Tejas .

2.The thrust to weight ratio of upgraded mirage-2000 will be lower than tejas mk1 (Higher is better) .

3. Both the Instantaneous turn Rate and Sustained Turn rate of 45 million dollar per plane upgraded mirage-2000 will be lower than the 26 million dollar per plane tejas.

4.The wing loading (fighter weight in KG/ wing area in sq meters) of upgraded mirage-2000 will be higher than tejas mk1 (low is good).
[With Above 3 quality Tejas will always have first look , first lock and capability to fire missile first on enemy aircraft ]

5.The frontal clean config RCS of upgraded mirage-2000 will be 3 times higher than tejas mk1, meaning mirage-2000 can be detected by enemy radar much farther away than tejas.

6.The longest range BVR missile to be fired by mirage-2000 will have way lesser range than the proposed Astra for tejas mk1.

7.The 45 million dollar per plane upgraded Mirage-2000 still wont be able to fire the deadly visually cued R-73 E HMDS enabled 90 deg high off bore missile, which was fired by 26 million dollar per plane tejas.

8. the 45 million dollar per plane upgraded Mirage-2000 still wont have an equal to DRFM based state of the art EW suit of tejas mk1.

well french had always done that as they know USA tech isfar superior but comes with many strings attached just a riminder about so called 45 Millon $ M2K upgrade vis a versa the humble little LCA MK1

Tejas ($ 26 million) vs Upgraded mirage-2000 ($ 45 million) by award winning pilot of Indian Airforce Sqn. Leader (Retd.) Suneeth Krishna ........

1.Even if you spend hundred million dollars per plane the radar range of Mirage-2000 will always be smaller than Tejas mk1 due to bigger radome of Tejas .

2.The thrust to weight ratio of upgraded mirage-2000 will be lower than tejas mk1 (Higher is better) .

3. Both the Instantaneous turn Rate and Sustained Turn rate of 45 million dollar per plane upgraded mirage-2000 will be lower than the 26 million dollar per plane tejas.

4.The wing loading (fighter weight in KG/ wing area in sq meters) of upgraded mirage-2000 will be higher than tejas mk1 (low is good).
[With Above 3 quality Tejas will always have first look , first lock and capability to fire missile first on enemy aircraft ]

5.The frontal clean config RCS of upgraded mirage-2000 will be 3 times higher than tejas mk1, meaning mirage-2000 can be detected by enemy radar much farther away than tejas.

6.The longest range BVR missile to be fired by mirage-2000 will have way lesser range than the proposed Astra for tejas mk1.

7.The 45 million dollar per plane upgraded Mirage-2000 still wont be able to fire the deadly visually cued R-73 E HMDS enabled 90 deg high off bore missile, which was fired by 26 million dollar per plane tejas.

8. the 45 million dollar per plane upgraded Mirage-2000 still wont have an equal to DRFM based state of the art EW suit of tejas mk1.

And yet after 25 years LCA is no where to be seen in IAF.

Back
Top Bottom