What's new

France negotiate with India the sale of 50 more Rafal aircraft

I have read some specifications of this fighter.some say it can't handle high altitude as compared to Euro fighter typhoon.also lack of ECm systems makes it more vulnerable to Air defence systems. Some say that it has old type of aesa radar as compared to typhoon.can you guys explain about ECW systems and also missile types it can carry?

Last edited:
I have read some specifications of this fighter.some say it can't handle high altitude as compared to Euro fighter typhoon.also lack of ECW systems makes it more vulnerable to Air defence systems. Some say that it has old type of aesa radar as compared to typhoon.can you guys explain about ECW systems and also missile types it can carry?

1- It was tested in Leh Laddakh- a high altitude airfield-

2- It was 1st in the scene for SEAD operations in Libya-

3- It has AESA radar in 2nd Generation category- While It will have GaN AESA in 3rd gen category(Indian version could have this radar or follow up version will surely have this one) Euro Fighter has no plans to evaluate Its 2nd gen AESA radar whose operation is limited to air to air only-

4- It has integrated EW suit called spectra- Only other plane having similar suit is F-22 raptor-

5- Carriers Meteor BVRAAM with largest kill zone-

Again you should go to MMRCA Thread you will know why Euro Fighter lost-

I CAN SEE some Pakistanis and chinease false flaggers have gone into meltdown at the prospect of 50 more rafales coming into indian air force.

I'm surprised its only 50 ..........I expected 100+ rafales

BRILLIANT FIGHTER the best in the world today BAR F22 RAPTOR

No doubt it's one of the best fighter of present era!! Even great horse needs a best jockey for winning a race!!!

I will never understand why India opted for Rafale instead of the Eurofighter. The Eurofighter Typhoon is a badass beast.
what i dont understand why they opted for MRCA in the first place.
so now IAF has to either stick with very small 36 ACs or pay another 20 billion dollars for 86 ACs
I would have simply spend the 30 billion dollars for Rafales into LCA with avionics/weapons from the west, fifth gen Russian project and more MKIs, even so the saved money could have been diverted to small sale of gripens if they wanted to or used mirage2000 to supplement their own fleet of mirages

no doubt rafale is one of best 4.5 gen comparable to latest typhoons and latest block 60-70 f-16s

but apart from trench 1, the trench 3A typhoon as as omnirole as rafale with same weapons infact more options avaible today with more sales and more partners and more perspective for future growth than rafale

i will buy typhoon over rafale any day and this was what most countries decided at the end of the day,
eygpt sale was probably the effect of unavailability of typhoon and indian sale obviously was due to some kickbacks, though excuse was non integration of some strike weapons

J20 technically inferior to Rafale in Sensor fusion and EW

We are already investing in FGFA with Russia Why on rafale

Secondly We are Buying Gripen E or F-16 with ToT

Engines are Built With JV with BAE

How you can claim a 5th gen bird with tech like DAS is not better than 4.5 gen Rafale??? First later have to find the earlier and before that later would have been shoot down.

How you can claim a 5th gen bird with tech like DAS is not better than 4.5 gen Rafale??? First later have to find the earlier and before that later would have been shoot down.
you simply cant compare a fifth gen to 4.5 gen
a gen difference is simply that you cant match, and the difference between 4 and 5th gen is most radicle change than any previous gen ACs.

The difference is so huge that if you put an F22 at a disadvantage and dont equip it with HMD it still slaughters 4th gen ACs, the very reason F22 isnt even equipped with HMD yet.

but of course Indian will argue otherwise

I have read some specifications of this fighter.some say it can't handle high altitude as compared to Euro fighter typhoon.
Utter Bullshit.
Both are very capable and provide great situational awareness to the pilot.
This is from the Swiss Air Force evaluation:
k48f2t.jpg

also lack of ECW systems makes it more vulnerable to Air defence systems.
India did THE most comprehensive test a foreign user could do and evaluated them over months including in niche areas like SEAD.
The Rafale and Typhoon were shortlisted after.

Some say that it has old type of aesa radar as compared to typhoon.can you guys explain about ECW systems and also missile types it can carry?
Incorrect again as both have competent AESA Radar systems and are very survivable in high threat atmospheres.
Missiles are a lot:
The ones I remember from the top of my head are Meteor and MICA (IR and RF) for Air to Air combat; SCALP for Air to Ground and she can also probably carry all armaments that the Mirage2000 can carry.

I have read some specifications of this fighter.some say it can't handle high altitude as compared to Euro fighter typhoon.also lack of ECm systems makes it more vulnerable to Air defence systems. Some say that it has old type of aesa radar as compared to typhoon.can you guys explain about ECW systems and also missile types it can carry?
Nope the ECM suit in rafale(SPECTRA) is the best thing about rafale. and is termed as one of the best ECM suit carried by any aircraft today.

J-20 is better then F-35s in many aspects because it is built as rival of F-22.
Please Give Technical sources of these arguments Just because Chinese Fanboys claim something din't Mean its truth
Comparing 5th and 4.5 gen birds is like comparing Apples with Oranges.

No Unless The Latter has Much sophistication In EW,Sensor fusion and Avionics than its counter part Which Chinese aviation

Please Give Technical sources of these arguments Just because Chinese Fanboys claim something din't Mean its truth

No Unless The Latter has Much sophistication In EW and Avionics than its counter part

First prove you statement that Rafael is better then J-20 while you have no clue about J-20s capabilities.

And kindly post credible source not some blog to prove your self.

First prove you statement that Rafael is better then J-20 while you have no clue about J-20s capabilities.
I don't Have Clue of J-20 capabilities because Chinese are Not open to Experts and Public Scrutiny

Unlike russian ,US ,European every Aviation giants are open about there products Like AESA,EW, Sensor fusion

Do J20 has any thing like Rafale MBDA Spectra or Active Cancellation

what i dont understand why they opted for MRCA in the first place.
so now IAF has to either stick with very small 36 ACs or pay another 20 billion dollars for 86 ACs
I would have simply spend the 30 billion dollars for Rafales into LCA with avionics/weapons from the west, fifth gen Russian project and more MKIs, even so the saved money could have been diverted to small sale of gripens if they wanted to or used mirage2000 to supplement their own fleet of mirages

no doubt rafale is one of best 4.5 gen comparable to latest typhoons and latest block 60-70 f-16s

but apart from trench 1, the trench 3A typhoon as as omnirole as rafale with same weapons infact more options avaible today with more sales and more partners and more perspective for future growth than rafale

i will buy typhoon over rafale any day and this was what most countries decided at the end of the day,
eygpt sale was probably the effect of unavailability of typhoon and indian sale obviously was due to some kickbacks, though excuse was non integration of some strike weapons

So you know more than the 4th biggest Air Force in the world

You do realise india brought rafale for strike missions above its awesome BVR/WVR capability.

The Typhoon is a pure Air Superamcy fighter.

India has nearly 300 mki for that role

THE RAFALE will spearhead the strike formations .

MMRCA competition left no stone unturned .. INDIA did their home work thoroughly

F16/70 came bottom of the list

Back
Top Bottom