What's new

Four Kerala students booked for putting Modi’s photo along with Hitler, Osama in magazine

cartoons of a prophet whose face we dont know being drawn as a taliban with a bomb on his head...A man representing how many billions of Muslims is ok for you?

arey toh India me banaya kya kisiney?? why asking me??? It was case of Swedish cartoonist, ask him? issue a FATWA, who is stopping you??? murder him, hang him, etc. whatever a CIVILIZED world agree to.

Yes only when it suits Indians....I remember you were 1 of those right at the top who was against Pakistanis claiming freedom of expression comes with responsibilities and if those are breached it is abuse of that very right!

Or maybe I call mods in to intervene when I have repeated the same fact 5 times on the same thread or am ambushed by several Indians in their pack attacks? Or maybe I call mods so that some Pakistani wont get banned if he replies from sheer anger saving both the Indian and the Pakistanis ...now I dont need to explain why I do what I do...I never ask for others to explain why they give maan bhen galiyan! Maybe you should ask them?!

no you just basically report when you are losing an argument or when someone tries to connect the same scenario with pakistan /pakistanis but leave.. it was just an observation anyways keep up the reporting process so you can shut those who exposes your hypocrisy,,

Dada, making cartoons is part of healthy democracy, i don't object to cartoons of anyone..............

But AFTER Modi has become PM, he is representing You, me, & every 120 crore Indians, weather they voted for him or not, so he is entitled to some RESPECT, comparing him to Hitler & Osama is ok for you?
MMS was also the PM. Lampooning him was OK for you?

Freedom of speech or expression means the freedom to criticize even people we like, not just the ones we don't. Freedom of speech means the right to say things we disagree with, not just to say the things we agree with. That is why such freedoms and rights are guaranteed constitutionally - if it just meant the "right" to say what we like to hear, then it need not have been guaranteed as a fundamental right.

I repeat, nobody is above criticism or ridicule. Neither the people I admire, nor the ones I despise. Not even me.:angel:

(Heck, Gautama Buddha said just as much, about himself.)

See what?

no you just basically report when you are losing an argument or when someone tries to connect the same scenario with pakistan /pakistanis but leave it was an observation keep up the reporting process so you can shut those who exposes your hypocrisy
Lovely now others tell me what I feel and what I do...but maan bhen is alright and god forbid if you question them ..carry along :coffee:
and then you label me with hypocrisy? wow! rich simply rich!

cartoons of a prophet whose face we dont know being drawn as a taliban with a bomb on his head...A man representing how many billions of Muslims is ok for you?
Yes.

And so is making fun of Modi, who is the elected head of more than a billion people.

arey toh India me banaya kya kisiney?? why asking me??? It was case of Swedish cartoonist, ask him? issue a FATWA, who is stopping you??? murder him, hang him, etc. whatever a CIVILIZED world agree to.
Thats the spirit!

Yes.

And so is making fun of Modi, who is the elected head of more than a billion people.
Then you have a twisted understanding to freedom of expression...where there are no limits and no responsibilities attached! good to know!

MMS was also the PM. Lampooning him was OK for you?

Freedom of speech or expression means the freedom to criticize even people we like, not just the ones we don't. Freedom of speech means the right to say things we disagree with, not just to say the things we agree with. That is why such freedoms and rights are guaranteed constitutionally - if it just meant the "right" to say what we like to hear, then it need not have been guaranteed as a fundamental right.

I repeat, nobody is above criticism or ridicule. Neither the people I admire, nor the ones I despise. Not even me.:angel:

(Heck, Gautama Buddha said just as much, about himself.)

Even when i din't voted for MMS (no one could as he din't fight elections on the first place) he was MY PM, PM OF INDIA, PM OF 120 CRORE people, so i would have got offended even when someone would have compared him to Hitler/Osama as well. I was also offended when Pak PM called him Dehati aurat.............

I am not having two faces here, i have no difference b/w MMS & Modi, both represented ME, yes, i din't agree to many policies of MMS, & i am entitled to oppose them, but I will oppose anyone who lampoons my PM in very bad taste.

Am a Hindu and I pray Mr Modi as Mahatma,If they going to offend my God then they have to face the consequences.BTW where were you when some dutch guy made prophet painting.:angel:

Even when i din't voted for MMS (no one could as he din't fight elections on the first place) he was MY PM, PM OF INDIA, PM OF 120 CRORE people, so i would have got offended even when someone would have compared him to Hitler/Osama as well. I was also offended when Pak PM called him Dehati aurat.............

I am not having two faces here, i have no difference b/w MMS & Modi, both represented ME, yes, i din't agree to many policies of MMS, & i am entitled to oppose them, but I will oppose anyone who lampoons my PM in very bad taste.
Does that mean you will support my grand scheme of violent retribution against these 4 criminals :D

Am a Hindu and I pray Mr Modi as Mahatma,If they going to offend my God then they have to face the consequences.BTW where were you when some dutch guy made prophet painting.:angel:
You quoted me yet you understood not a single word of which you quoted? :unsure:

19-2.jpg

manmohan-singh-and-sonia-gandhi-funny2.jpg

Manmohan-Singh-And-Sonia-Funny-Couple-Pictures.jpg

There have been innumerable number of cartoons comparing MMS to Osama or even dogs and monkeys. We should take those for what they are - a way for some people to express their feelings.

Then you have a twisted understanding to freedom of expression...where there are no limits and no responsibilities attached! good to know!
In my opinion, no there should be no limits at all to people expressing themselves. But even if you don't agree with me on that, you should agree that drawing a cartoon or picture should definitely not invite the death penalty.

Be honest about this - the reason you oppose drawing cartoons about Mohammed is not because there is a certain line that should not be crossed about how people express themselves, but whom they do it about. You wouldn't mind if a similar cartoon was made about Modi or me. It is only because the target in that case was Mohammed that you wanted the cartoonists dead or punished.

I repeat - if you believe in freedom of speech and expression, then by definition that means that you believe in freedom to dissent with your cherished beliefs.

Disgusting oppression in India when people don't even have the right of political expression :sick:

Back
Top Bottom