What's new

Four Kerala students booked for putting Modi’s photo along with Hitler, Osama in magazine

That must be the height of irony, for a Chinese to say that. It's like Saudi Arabia lecturing Norway about religious freedom recently.

square-600x400.jpg

minor_burn_treatment_l5xd1_2qfr4.jpg

So my question is goes like this....why is freedom of expression not allowed when it comes to Modi but sacred when it comes to Prophet?

I answer because you weren't given a serious reply to your query. Plus, I think I'm turning into an insomniac.

Short: It is because the office of PM Modi can personally sue you for slander and bringing false disrepute to his name whereas Mohammed cannot be represented by anyone in a court of law. Not just for the reason that he's dead as a doornail, it's because nobody can legally claim another person's rights(living or dead) and legacy.

The "long answer" could be furnished on request.

Last edited:
What are the Indian or Kerala laws regarding freedom of speech ?

Good that you don't live in China, because if you did, your govt would not have allowed you to view them. That image is censored across mainland China by the omnipotent party.

(I am aware that you may not be a Chinese but a false flag troll pretending to be one, as many Chinese members have suggested. But my post is meant for any real Chinese member who may have the nerve to lecture India about politicial freedom.)

That guy DragonEmpire is just a troll account trying to defame China by talking about nukes in every post, trying to make us look like lunatics. He is more likely to be an Indian then anything else.

As for your post that is meant for "us", well no Chinese boasts about our freedom of expression, and no Chinese boasts about us being the "largest democracy in the world".

Even though in practice, living in HK I do have 100% freedom of expression, and from extensive time spent in the Mainland I do not consider that to be much to boast about. Such things do not affect ordinary people on the ground, the only thing that really reaches them is economic development, or the lack of it.

If we can tolerate Manmohan Singh's face imposed upon a monkey or dancing like a drunken lumpen on street we should grow enough thick skin to accept this too. It is utter moral dishonesty to me, if I cheer the first and condemn the second.

Indian public must be extremely vigilant on the issues on civil rights and liberty. There cannot be an exception. We cannot allow our governments to suppress our freedom of expression under the garb of maintaining law and order.

If we can tolerate Manmohan Singh's face imposed upon a monkey or dancing like a drunken lumpen on street we should grow enough thick skin to accept this too. It is utter moral dishonesty to me, if I cheer the first and condemn the second.

If some guy filed a complaint against MMS and Monkey pic,the police had to take case against that too,but no filed a complaint.But here,someone did,and thats what made the difference.

If some guy filed a complaint against MMS and Monkey pic,the police had to take case against that too,but no filed a complaint.But here,someone did,and thats what made the difference.

Agreed. But the message was for those who tend to believe freedom of expression has some limits.

This leftist guy is seems to be in a race for self destruction.
These Communist party only gets 9 seats and with this much of contraversy ,UDF still outnumbered LDF in kerala in this election.I think the present heads destroyed this party.Especially Prakash Karat and Pinarayi Vijayan.
@acetophenol @nair @gslv mk3 @seiko

Well i am sure you had your share of politics in your time, I did in my time. I can see people giving us the lecture on freedom of speech here (oh yeah a friend from china also gave us the lecture on freedom of speech)..

This happened in a Polytechnic, in their magazine( i am sure everyone knows the age of a diploma student between 15 and 19)....... and If i am right SFI (student fraction of CPIM) had majority in collage union. So some student thought let me add modi to the list of Osama Bin laden....and ABVP (student fraction of BJP) opposed it....

There goes freedom of expression
said by who in his country there is LAW of blasphemy !

Waainnnnnnnn, bohooooo freedom of expression, where does you advocacy for freedom of expression go when someone makes a cartoon or a movie on a religious figure

Correction, they need to be skinned alive first
fake Account need to be terminated !

That guy DragonEmpire is just a troll account trying to defame China by talking about nukes in every post, trying to make us look like lunatics. He is more likely to be an Indian then anything else.

As for your post that is meant for "us", well no Chinese boasts about our freedom of expression, and no Chinese boasts about us being the "largest democracy in the world".

Even though in practice, living in HK I do have 100% freedom of expression, and from extensive time spent in the Mainland I do not consider that to be much to boast about. Such things do not affect ordinary people on the ground, the only thing that really reaches them is economic development, or the lack of it.
where is the moderator ?

I am inclined to agree that it is their right to expression which permits them to have undertaken this exercise. The PM of India is a public figure and is subject to criticism. This criticism is neither crude nor defamatory. It reflects the views of these students. Many images of the former PM Singh were doctored and photo-shopped. I don't recall the Congress youth wing running a riot about that. BJP needs to mature up

The regulation was started by the 'very tolerant' Congress. Remember Sibal?

said by who in his country there is LAW of blasphemy !
And that proves what again? Exactly...next time try to be a genius by perhaps contributing to the thread!
[/quote]

fake Account need to be terminated !
Since 1 yr and has always been picking fights for India? Interesting find Watson! When reality comes its fake...he has the right to his opinion as Modi is his prophet (his claim) ! :tup:

I answer because you weren't given a serious reply to your query. Plus, I think I'm turning into an insomniac.

Short: It is because the office of PM Modi can personally sue you for slander and bringing false disrepute to his name whereas Mohammed cannot be represented by anyone in a court of law. Not just for the reason that he's dead as a doornail, it's because nobody can legally claim another person's rights(living or dead) and legacy.

The "long answer" could be furnished on request.
1stly, that is clear signs of death of freedom of expression

secondly, slander and bringing false disrepute? How so by speaking one's mind? False is false be a person dead or alive...No one alive knows how the prophet looked like so drawing an imaginary pix and giving it some form of identity is slander and false disrepute while everyone knows how and what Modi did...

1stly, that is clear signs of death of freedom of expression

secondly, slander and bringing false disrepute? How so by speaking one's mind? False is false be a person dead or alive...No one alive knows how the prophet looked like so drawing an imaginary pix and giving it some form of identity is slander and false disrepute while everyone knows how and what Modi did...

False is false, but lying is not a punishable offence or a crime in Indian law. Slander is. And that is true in most places on earth, that lying is not a crime. Perjury (ie, lying under oath) is. But slander is something that affects a living person, and he or she can go to court for that.

Please learn the legal technicalities between lying and slander. Also defamation, while you are at it.

(To reiterate, I don't believe that anybody should be arrested for caricaturing a politician or religious figure or anybody else. Defamation is a different matter.)

Back
Top Bottom