What's new

Four Kerala students booked for putting Modi’s photo along with Hitler, Osama in magazine

I dont know what is homesty but yes it was the media playing with sentiments because the soft protests which took place way before the crazy protest was totally ignored in the hope to brush everything under the rug but media sensationalized the whole event and got a bunch of reaction to cover as bonus

I have requested you previously, not to pick on trivial spelling mistakes unless they render the word unreadable. So I shall assume good faith and make the assumption that you were unable to make out the word I intended to type out. I meant honesty, and mistyped it as "homesty".

And no, the "soft protests" did not begin way before the "hard protests" did. You are either unaware or deliberately whitewashing the sequence of events. The cartoons were published in Denmark, then several months later some mullah in Indonesia grasped on to it and incited his flock to violence, and that was copied across the muslim world. A classic case of "manufactured anger".

I have requested you previously, not to pick on trivial spelling mistakes unless they render the word unreadable. So I shall assume good faith and make the assumption that you were unable to make out the word I intended to type out. I meant honesty, and mistyped it as "homesty".

And no, the "soft protests" did not begin way before the "hard protests" did. You are either unaware or deliberately whitewashing the sequence of events. The cartoons were published in Denmark, then several months later some mullah in Indonesia grasped on to it and incited his flock to violence, and that was copied across the muslim world. A classic case of "manufactured anger".
Do you know how long it takes to do a soft protest and gather petition, signatures...do a protest where people wont get violent?

The Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons were first published by Jyllands-Posten in late September 2005; approximately two weeks later, nearly 3,500 people demonstrated peacefully in Copenhagen. In November, several European newspapers re-published the images, triggering more protests.

Labour strikes began in Pakistan the following month, and several organizations criticized the Danish government. More protests occurred in January 2006, and later that month a boycott of Danish goods began. Several countries withdrew their ambassadors to Denmark, and widespread protests, some of them violent, began. The protests continued in February. In Damascus, Syria, both the Norwegian embassy and a building containing the Danish, Swedish, and Chilean embassies were stormed and set on fire by protesters. In Beirut, thousands of people protested on the streets, and the Danish General Consulate was stormed and set on fire. As of 2 March 2006, at least 139 people have died primarily during riots stemming from protests. On 1 January 2010, a man was shot whilst attempting to kill Kurt Westergaard, one of the original cartoonists.

So does 2 weeks come first or the months? So who is playing with the timeline? Wait maybe you didnt see the news after the 2 weeks coz not many reported it...but in 2006 everyone reported all the bad strikes and stuff!

1stly, that is clear signs of death of freedom of expression

secondly, slander and bringing false disrepute? How so by speaking one's mind? False is false be a person dead or alive...No one alive knows how the prophet looked like so drawing an imaginary pix and giving it some form of identity is slander and false disrepute while everyone knows how and what Modi did...

Death of freedom of expression because I merely suggested the Indian PM's office will be within its rights to pursue legal action? Really? What would you term the PM's office that did pursue legal action? Isn't this the top story in Singapore?

Blogger sued by Singapore PM fired from job | The Kansas City Star

Not only do you have a flawed view of what freedom of expression is, you have little understanding on how the law operates in general. I don't mean that in an offensive way, most people don't as well.

@janon has already covered most points in a manner far better than I ever could. I would only like to add that if you go through the court cases like the Muhammed cartoon controversy, you would see the a certain combination of words:

"....and caused religious offense to XYZ community..."
"...defaming ABC culture..."

This is how people suing against the publication of such material insert themselves into the case. They take Muhammad out the picture(no pun intended) and substitute it with something(religious sentiments, cultural values, racial bigotry etc.) they can actually defend in a court of law. But there is no right to not get offended, is there? Who determines the scale of offense and which community gets it? Imagine some Americans talking at the scene of the latest shootout:

Person 1: What a crazy gun nut!!!

Person 2: How dare you disrespect legitimate and responsible gun owners for this act. Call him what he is, a total nutcase!!!

Person 3: Mental illness is no laughing matter, you all make me sick. An animal is what he is!!!

Person 4: Sure!!! Animals go around shooting each other and wearing fur all the time. He is a man, that's what he is.

Person 5: Sexist much? According to the latest statistics....balah,blah babaji ka thullu.

You see where I'm going with this. The last para was my attempt at comedy, not to be taken seriously. :P

Last edited:
Death of freedom of expression because I merely suggested the Indian PM's office will be within its rights to pursue legal action? Really? What would you term the PM's office that did pursue legal action? Isn't this the top story in Singapore?

Blogger sued by Singapore PM fired from job | The Kansas City Star

Not only do you have a flawed view of what freedom of expression is, you have little understanding on how the law operates in general. I don't mean that in an offensive way, most people don't as well.

@janon has already covered most points in a manner far better than I ever could. I would only like to add that if you go through the court cases like the Muhammed cartoon controversy, you would see the a certain combination of words:

"....and caused religious offense to XYZ community..."
"...defaming ABC culture..."

This is how people suing against the publication of such material insert themselves into the case. They take Muhammad out the picture(no pun intended) and substitute it with something(religious sentiments, cultural values, racial bigotry etc.) they can actually defend in a court of law. But there is no right to not get offended, is there? Who determines the scale of offense and which community gets it? Imagine some Americans talking at the scene of the latest shootout:

Person 1: What a crazy gun nut!!!

Person 2: How dare you disrespect legitimate and responsible gun owners for this act. Call him what he is, a total nutcase!!!

Person 3: Mental illness is no laughing matter, you all make me sick. An animal is what he is!!!

Person 4: Sure!!! Animals go around shooting each other and wearing fur all the time. He is a man, that's what he is.

Person 5: Sexist much? According to the latest statistics....balah,blah babaji ka thullu.

You see where I'm going with this. The last para was my attempt at comedy, not to be taken seriously. :P
Yes I see...I never objected to the PM office taking up the case...I am only objecting to how freedom of expression is accepted and denied at will rather than what it is ...I agree with many people who say freedom of expression should come with a string of responsibilities...and that is all I was delivering!

The court will throw this case out. It was a college magazine and people are okey to express it in anyway they want. I dont see it incitement to hatred in anyway.

Back
Top Bottom