What's new

Former additional secretary of Pak Election Commission, exposes massive rigging in 2013 elections!

You got FOUR Negative Rating in last few minutes. That is outrageous! Yes, a bit refined language would have helped but far, far worse has been spoken by PTI-ians against other parties and non-PTI members. These Negative Ratings need to be revoked. Or apply to all.
This is a particularly difficult topic for me: The long march and its consequences. I am pitted against some of the members who I have admired. I think they know it. I hope we never cross swords; we can't turn this into a Pakistani civil war.

yes I got FOUR negative ratings in few minutes....this shows how much PTI lies from its back. My posts really HURT them right into their hearts like a spear, and the only thing they could do is biased, politically motivated negative ratings...

And i would not stop saying this again and again....no matter how many ratings they give me negative:

Heck I donot particular support any party as such, but I felt we as Pakistanis should not take ONE ARY CHANNEL, One compromised Anchor Mubashir Lucman and ex-retired Afzal khan as some gospel truth. This may FOOL pakistanis.

Hence the particular members you admired are going down one by one. The Four negative ratings in few minutes shows it. And regarding the point to APPLY all ? I donot know who will get them revoked ??? and I am really not bothered about it too.

Last edited:
10347538_10202639468404765_1766618245765365048_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not alone here:lol: but I'm not worry about it, the thing bothering me these days is IK marriage:sad: Jaldi jaldi ajaye Inqilab shadi ka masla hai^o^

It took very long time for his conscience to wake him up. Why he did not objected when rigging was taking place? Why he did not went in public at that time? He just got wake up after listening the speeches of IK about rigging in azaadi marach?

Because it was perfect time for him to do so and for his safety as well.

If he did it long time ago, nobody would listen to him and he would get shot.

Spilling the beans: 2013 polls massively rigged, claims former ECP official

157606_44534294.jpg

“I disagree that there were 35 ‘punctures’ as claimed by [Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman] Imran Khan. I believe there were hundreds of ‘punctures’," says former additional secretary of ECP, Afzal Khan

A former additional secretary of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), Afzal Khan has claimed that the 2013 parliamentary polls were massively rigged.

“I had doubts, but now I’m convinced that there was widespread rigging in the May 2013 general elections,” Khan said in an interview to a private television channel. “The day Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan admitted that 60,000 to 70,000 votes were unverifiable in each constituency, I was convinced that the elections were rigged,” he said.

The ECP member from Punjab, Justice (retd) Riaz Kayani, has 90% role in undermining the authenticity of the polls, while former chief justices of the Supreme Court Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and Tassaduq Husain Jillani were also responsible for what he called ‘stealing the mandate of people’.

“I disagree that there were 35 ‘punctures’ as claimed by [Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairman] Imran Khan. I believe there were hundreds of ‘punctures’. Barring Islamabad and a few other places where cameras were installed, there was widespread ballot stuffing,” Khan said.

He claimed that the rigging was well planned and orchestrated. How could Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar know that thousands of votes cannot be verified in each constituency while the ballot boxes were sealed?

All the returning officers (ROs) were appointed by Iftikhar Chaudhry. Fakhruddin G Ebrahim as the chief election commissioner was only approving the decisions taken by Riaz Kayani. “Fakhru Bhai should have spoken out or at least taken notice on record,” Afzal said. Even the ECP members representing the other three provinces were afraid of speaking out against Kayani.

The whole machinery was working in a coherent manner to fix the elections, he said. Cases challenged in election tribunals were deliberately delayed. Though the tribunals were mandated to decide the complaints within 120 days, they took more than 365 days and were still delaying verdicts, he said. “The election tribunals are compromised,” Khan said.

The ECP had asked for the appointment of ex-judges as returning officers so that they might decide the cases quickly, but we see that instead they delayed the whole process and enjoyed benefits and perks from taxpayers’ money while taking decisions on the whims of a particular group, Khan alleged.

Asked about the printing of ballots, he said these are printed under the military’s supervision. “For last many elections, the printing of ballots in Karachi and Islamabad is done in the presence of military officials, it is a rule,” he said. About ballots being printed in Lahore’s Urdu Bazaar, he said the Printing Corporation of Pakistan, Islamabad, and the Securities Printing Press, Karachi, are strictly monitored institutions, the paper and the ink they use can be verified even after a hundred years.

Khan said he doubts that there was over-casting because of on-ground experience. “A constituency shows 50% turnout and suddenly there was 100% voting or even more than registered voters, then we could be sure that there was ballot stuffing.”

He agreed with the allegations levelled by Imran Khan and said that there should be an investigation and the responsible persons should be tried and punished.

Khan said re-election or mid-term elections under the present set-up would be useless. The ECP needs to be reconstituted, he said. There should be biometric verification and locally developed electronic voting system.

Spilling the beans: 2013 polls massively rigged, claims former ECP official – The Express Tribune

Isn't it part of this job as additional secretary of EC to make sure that elections were fair? If this is all true, all it means is that he took bribes last year to stay quiet and probably received even more money to come out today.

Oh and this....

Raza Rumi ‏@Razarumi 46s
In April 2013, at a roundtable,Mr Afzal Khan said all preps for a fair election by ECP were done. I was there. pic.twitter.com/CmrIXGVbwp

Raza Rumi ‏@Razarumi 57s
.@IzharulHassan Oh yes indeed. You were there as well :) Badlata haye rang aasman kaise kaise!

Bv1q99dCQAA5N00.jpg

Mera pass koi proof nai, tu kiya yahan per aaam lainay aee hoo...lol :P

I distinctly remember some people were questioning Justice Fakhruddin's role on or right after the 2013 elections: 'He is an old man of 80 years. And he can't be everywhere at the same time'. So how come the same principle doesn't apply to A. Khan's statement especially given the timing, the fact that he took 15 months to be a whistle blower, the fact that next few days are important, the fact that the march has failed and IK is widely ridiculed?

People should not be grasping at the straw. Find the truth, for sure. But never let the mob to topple the govt now or else there will never be stability in Pakistan ever again.

The fact that election tribunals didn't deliver, the fact that the government couldn't address the irregularities IK had been pointing out since day one, the fact that despite trenchant deadlines the government couldn't halt IK from leading the marchers, the fact that the government left no stone unturned to give valid reasons to IK, the fact that the people lost their lives in Model Town, the fact that the government didn't let FIR to be registered even after the court's ruling & there's a list of the facts.

Never let a worst scenario to develop in first place, you learn zilch and keep on repeating same mistakes again and over again. It's not the goddamn government or opposition, it's the people of Pakistan who pay the price.

Ask me to believe in conspiracy but to do not ask me to believe that rigging didn't take place at all. If IK is wrong then the government ain't saint either.

Dude, we may not have the same political orientation, however, I still respect your PoV. It's within me to argue and debate within the confines of logic, even with my close friends and family.

The negative rating was very well deserved. If you know me for long, you'd know that I specially don't judge people who hate my guts. I, however, will never stand for pointless rants, where one party-pooper will bad mouth all of Pakistan / a sizeable population with a different PoV / and specially religions bigots (he doesn't fall into the last category, at least for the moment). Read his post again, and re-read it!

You got FOUR Negative Rating in last few minutes. That is outrageous! Yes, a bit refined language would have helped but far, far worse has been spoken by PTI-ians against other parties and non-PTI members. These Negative Ratings need to be revoked. Or apply to all.
This is a particularly difficult topic for me: The long march and its consequences. I am pitted against some of the members who I have admired. I think they know it. I hope we never cross swords; we can't turn this into a Pakistani civil war.

Because it was perfect time for him to do so and for his safety as well.

If he did it long time ago, nobody would listen to him and he would get shot.
He would be labelled as shaheed if he got shot down while speaking the truth..abb kia IK uss ka body guard bun gaya hai k shaheed nhi kia ja sakhta . Elections were rigged so pti shoudl resign from KPK ASAP :)

I cannot trust a guy who was not doing his job properly and is revealing secrets now after his retirements. How can we verify his claims? Did he provided any evidences ? or we should assume that he cannot lie. This same guy said on record that these elections were fair. There should be independent investigation of his claim by neutral body not someone like lucman

Last edited:
so now Judiciary will have a role to play - after what CJ has been accused of and all the Justice (r) brethren??
i don't think so - let them be there what they are suppose to - Trails --- once the taste the power, just as Military - there will do their best to get a shot at it again ---

You have raised three basic points in your post ....

1- Iftikhar Chudhary:
Iftikhar Chaudhary was an individual who was involved in some unwanted & unnecessary activities. In result those activities have brought bad name to Judiciary, so Judiciary is left only with one way-out or option for their clean future "clear the mess" which Iftikar Chaudhary has created using the apex court as his power base.

This Judiciary is facing the same situation faced by Gen. (ret) Kayani after the Pervaiz Musharaf, they have to rebuilt 'Organizational Perception' of the Judiciary, so rather to blame the whole Judiciary call spade a spade Iftikhar Chaudhary was a black sheep not the whole organization.

2- Judiciary:
I believe everyone can observe the decrease in "Judicial Activism" after Iftikhar Chaudhary, but it does not mean that their role has decrease which infact has increase in this situation as the current situation is not only a political deadlock but a constitutional deadlock.

Keep in mind that the Supreme Court of Pakistan also has to perform the role of the Constitutional Court. Its role is not limited just as highest appellate forum, under Article 185 (3) Supreme Court could get involve directly or under Constitutional Article 186(1) Supreme Court could get involved in advisory role. (on request of President)

In another way it can get involved 'if' some one files a Constitutional Petition in a situation where Constitution is no more effective or its not provide the solution of an "extra ordinary situation" current political situation is reaching to that level.

3- Taste of Power:
First of all, In future the role Judiciary or Military will only be emerged, if our politician will fail severely again & will create another constitutional deadlock. Rest assured in any of that situation the Judiciary will only act as a facilitator in "State Functionality" not as a ruler & this is the role determined by Constitution.

"Tabdeli a gai hai" ..... :whistle:

Last edited:
Lucman is anchor or he is judge who can accuse anyone based on few videos or statement and can also give his verdict on live tv ? We know his political affiliation with qadri and ik so we can guess how neutral judge he can be

Chalo luqman pagal hai ok? now tell me are you judge tum nay tu fatwa hei deydiya hai kay sub jhoot hai so what is the difference between you, your pml-n friends over here and MBL? Say whatever you want it is up to noon league to prove it wrong now, you closest allies ppp have taken Uturn says EC/Judiciary and pml-n cheated...aur khalo 70 kism kay khanay:rofl:.

Just simple question how did chaudhry nisar knew 60,000/70,000 votes are unverified in every constituency? revelation or someone in EC told him...which means boxes votes being tempered with and do you know what it means elections null and void...claps for nisar sahib he himself presented factual testimony in parliament.

The fact that election tribunals didn't deliver, the fact that the government couldn't address the irregularities IK had been pointing out since day one, the fact that despite trenchant deadlines the government couldn't halt IK from leading the marchers, the fact that the government left no stone unturned to give valid reasons to IK, the fact that the people lost their lives in Model Town, the fact that the government didn't let FIR to be registered even after the court's ruling & there's a list of the facts.

Never let a worst scenario to develop in first place, you learn zilch and keep on repeating same mistakes again and over again. It's not the goddamn government or opposition, it's the people of Pakistan who pay the price.

Ask me to believe in conspiracy but to do not ask me to believe that rigging didn't take place at all. If IK is wrong then the government ain't saint either.

I think much of what you say is only tangentially related to the discussion: One retired man 15 years later in questionable circumstances and background suddenly has a 'conscience' within the last two days of a failed and discredited march. The Model Town incidence is PAT vs the Punjab govt and needs to be investigated but has no bearing on the elections or the big change of heart of this whistle-blower.
The worst scenario has developed because NS govt was duped into accepting these thugs of few thousands inside the Red Zone where these thugs MUST have some assurance to 'stay put'. Today these thugs were allowed. Tomorrow 10x more will march to the Red Zone to press for their demands.
There probably was some rigging--but not to the point that the outcome would have been significantly different. And every election in Pakistan have been tainted with rigging except for the 1970 one. We need to have the 2018 elections conducted better but not through mobocracy and then a demented demagogue will have been well exposed by then.

Chalo luqman pagal hai ok? now tell me are you judge tum nay tu fatwa hei deydiya hai kay sub jhoot hai so what is the difference between you and pml-n lo over here and MBL? Say whatever you want it is up to noon league to prove it wrong, you closest allies ppp have taken Uturn says EC/Judiciary and pml-n cheated...aur khalo 70 kism kay khanay:rofl:.

Dear luftwaffe: Lucman is anchor and he should remain anchor instead of becoming 007 and giving his verdict and punishment to others. If he dont like his job of being journalist then he should join police, secret agency or judiciary. You guys believe that Geo anchors can do political propaganda against IK but luckman and his co cannot involve in political propaganda.? We all know about his political affiliation.right? If his allegations prove as true by any neutral body then elections should be re held and conducted in a true and transparent manners

I cannot trust a guy who was not doing his job properly and is revealing secrets now after his retirements. How can we verify his claims? Did he provided any evidences ? or we should assume that he cannot lie. This same guy said on record that these elections were fair. There should be independent investigation of his claim by neutral body not someone like lucman

Retired Whistle Blowers are probably a dime a dozen in the world. Everyone wants to have food and shelter. After retirement--if things are not good--then find 'alternate' sources of sustenance.
Really, the value given to this guy now--15 months later and under these circumstances--is hard to swallow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom