What's new

For all it's reputation, what has ISI done for Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask the people who gave this reputation to ISI
otherwise its small organization nothing special
ask indian bolloywood media and USA hollywood media

I actually said that Pakistan was not a weak nation as your fellow member said. However you exist today but only half. You kick our @ss,? Great. One bomb blast takes place every week in your country every week . You zre unable to secure a small city quest and bluffing here big mouth.
We know How a Baniya talks and twists words around! about BD,it never was a part of pakistan.just a small overgrown tumour removed from within your Maata G! and all the bloodshed that took place in the last 15 years,Pakistan and its people have grown stronger inspite of your Dirty works done by one of yourBald coconut headed freaks that we keep on picking from their hair plugs.

Put it this way:

ISI is known to be a credible and competent organisation, and yet their activities rarely pop up in the news. Its not like they have stopped operating as even several years ago an ISI agent was caught in the USA. Additionally not even security analysts completely understand what ISI's overall strategy is, unlike other agencies like RAW.

If ISI was such a bad organisation, you will hear media reports of their activities and regular incidents of their agents/assets being uncovered, the fact that you dont is proof enough that they do an excellent job.

Nawaz was promoted by Gen Zia and in 2013 he come in by rigging elections.
But the job of ISI is to knock off the traitors but in Pakistan they are getting
promoted. They have not learnt from Agartala in the 60's.
ISI job is not to knock off those who are elected by state of Pakistan sorry but you have wrong knowledge about the job of ISI. Please stop putting your job on ISI. Your job is to select honest leaders if you can't stop blaming ISI

What about Pakistan losing Siachen in 1984? What about Khalistan strategy not reaching the fruition?

P.S.: I didn't state above the reason for ISI's failure. Stating it would be parroting the same old lines. The reason is, "Size does matter." Geographical size, population size etc. India is much bigger. So the ISI's failures are honourable after all.
on one of the pass an agreent was reached after Pakistan victories that it would remain demilitaralize but you brow it and captured it.

kargil was an extension of siachin war and isi outsmarted you there.
khalistan was a betrayal by politicians like benazir who gave you intelligence to improve relationship.
but the same ISI destroyed your complete air base at gorakhpur and the agents involved safely returned. it was the most devastating attack by any agency in the history.
RAW backed insurgency in Baluchistan and fata have just recently been defeated.

ISI is doing what it needs to do, to protect the national interests. Obviously it has success and also failure too. Peoples who are involved in it know only that what sacrifices they are doing for country.

We know How a Baniya talks and twists words around! about BD,it never was a part of pakistan.just a small overgrown tumour removed from within your Maata G! and all the bloodshed that took place in the last 15 years,Pakistan and its people have grown stronger inspite of your Dirty works done by one of yourBald coconut headed freaks that we keep on picking from their hair plugs.
What a third rate jhihadi says does not matter. You are not even capable of compression what I say. Trace back to post in response to which I had written that. You may perhaps be able to understand the meaning of what I wrote .

Sure. If you say so.
Do post the link of bomb last occuring every week in past 4 weeks or maybe 8 weeks ( making easier for you )
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist_incidents_in_Pakistan_in_2017

Here some major incidences are listed. There are many more.

Pakistan's ISI serves the needs of a developing nation. As with all such agencies, the successes are almost by necessity kept quiet and failures get picked up. It gathers data on Pakistan's rivals and I'm sure serves its functions well.

As someone who is in graduate school for political science, I can safely say it has a good reputation in the literature. It was central in defeating the Soviets playing the key role of trainer/facilitator/distributor of US funds. It obviously cannot match the likes of the CIA or MI6 as it has about 1/100th of the resources.

What a third rate jhihadi says does not matter. You are not even capable of compression what I say. Trace back to post in response to which I had written that. You may perhaps be able to understand the meaning of what I wrote
I know both the meaning of what I said and what response came from you after.and like I said before,there are things you dont know SH** about.

The OP needs to read a lot of books. Information loosely hanging on internet and word of mouth isn't always enough.

One way to measure an intelligence agency is how many times it’s in the news. The more an intelligence agency is in the news, the worse it’s. This is a basic rubric.

ISI has been instrumental in ensuring Pakistan gained nuclear weapons at a time the entire world was working to deny it access. It also ensured the defeat of the USSR. The manner ISI also trapped the Indian Naval intelligence officer working for RAW should be in textbooks. This three incidents alone suffice it to make the ISI as one of the top intelligence agencies in the world.

ISI is also remarkable in how none of its agents defect or is caught for the wrong reasons. One always hears Indian nationals being captured in India on a daily basis spying for the ISI. The opposite doesn’t happen in Pakistan.

The ISI also did a great job breaking the backs of the TTP and for making Pakistan safe in the last decade. In South Asia, it is the undisputed top intelligence agency.

But it also has some deficiencies. For example, it’s strength is derived from human intelligence. It’s not as proficient in technical aspects of intelligence gathering. This is a serious handicap in modern intelligence. Additionally, it has failed to foresee potential problems with the thousands of mercenaries that swarmed Pakistan during the PPP era. Contrary to popular opinion, ISI does a very bad job protecting the national interest. For example, media in Pakistan is very hostile to the national interest, what passes for critical inquiry in Pakistan is actually sedition. The so called deep state in Pakistan also is hands off politically which explains the revolving door nature of its politics where discredited politicians are recycled. Obviously, this could be due to the corrupt tendencies of the top military leadership which of course like any institution is a reflection of their overall society they come from.

Pakistanis should be proud of owning such a potent intelligence organization but it has some failures like all other intelligence agencies. It does a very good job to the job assigned to it. But this also shows its limitations. It’s not independent and is susceptible to exploitation by the military leadership which undermines its ability. Consequently, it is not able to carry out offensive operations on the lines of MOSSAD and others because the Pakistani state system in recent years has been very conservative and risk averse. This gives a room to its adversaries.

on one of the pass an agreent was reached after Pakistan victories that it would remain demilitaralize but you brow it and captured it.
Can you give keywords about this event so that I can Google?

khalistan was a betrayal by politicians like benazir who gave you intelligence to improve relationship.
And what did this traitor Benazir get in return for doing this favour to India?

at a time the entire world was working to deny it access.
Can you give keywords about this issue so that I can Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom