What's new

First image of INS Vikrant undocking at Cochin Shipyard

Any idea when this was taken and what's the current status?

I must admit I'm surprised that next to nothing is posted on this important program.

Its in the final stages of construction. Should be heading out for trial in the first half of next year along with the P-15B's lead destroyer. These pics are from June-2018.

vikrant-front-15-may.jpg

vikrant-15-may2.jpg

17-MAY.jpg

It seems even Indian Navy Chief has no idea when that will actually happen.
Indian schedule and planning revolves around China. If China managed to launch and commission a carrier at twice the speed. This is gonna push them for 'trials' of a semi finished ship just to save face. Trust me, I know their face saving traits in and out. I have stopped counting the number of 'launches' this carrier did.

Please ... in this state they want to deliver IAC-1 in December??? :blink: ... or do they mean 2022?

Sea Trails along with the equipment, Sea Trails started 2 years ago. Element of Surprise as always. Jai Hind.

It seems even Indian Navy Chief has no idea when that will actually happen.

You are not following the news properly. Cyber Cell of Intelligence Bureau is tracking wonderful comments.

Sea Trails along with the equipment, Sea Trails started 2 years ago. Element of Surprise as always. Jai Hind.
You are not following the news properly. Cyber Cell of Intelligence Bureau is tracking wonderful comments.

Point to be noted and true to a point :-).

Indian schedule and planning revolves around China. If China managed to launch and commission a carrier at twice the speed. This is gonna push them for 'trials' of a semi finished ship just to save face. Trust me, I know their face saving traits in and out. I have stopped counting the number of 'launches' this carrier did.

Comparing Indian Navy Aircraft Carrier with that of the Chinese Aircraft Carrier doesnt make any sense. Chinese Navy Aircraft Carrier is being constructed by the Russian and Chinese Engineers where as Indian Navy Aircraft Carrier is being Constructed by Indian Engineers, thats why INS Vikrant is Indigenous Aircraft Carrier.

Excellent post.

We all thank you and repose our trust in you.

Please, all thank him and repose trust in him.

Pardon, that ship is still in the yard and was just pulled from one work station to another pier; if you call this a sea trail, I'm really lost? ... or do you suggest that the ship is already secretly ready and done and no-one noticed nore cared?

Comparing Indian Navy Aircraft Carrier with that of the Chinese Aircraft Carrier doesnt make any sense. Chinese Navy Aircraft Carrier is being constructed by the Russian and Chinese Engineers where as Indian Navy Aircraft Carrier is being Constructed by Indian Engineers, thats why INS Vikrant is Indigenous Aircraft Carrier.
hhahahah, I heard the engine was Ukrainian, the radar was Israeli and the air complex Russian. I wonder how many foreign engineers constructed those. Shouldn't it be faster by your logic?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pardon, that ship is still in the yard and was just pulled from one work station to another pier; if you call this a sea trail, I'm really lost? ... or do you suggest that the ship is already secretly ready and done and no-one noticed nore cared?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Element of surprise, Indians are not boastful, they surprise others by announcing a finished product ahead of schedule. Sounds more like China to me.:china:

The fact there are so many butthurt pakistanis and chinese means we must be doing something right.

Someone is calling it a sea trial?

Navy chief said the construction will be done soon and sea trials will start after that.

Not sure why this is bothering you this much.

Back
Top Bottom