What's new

First image of INS Vikrant undocking at Cochin Shipyard

Official date was 2023 that has been pushedback.
This ship was started before i was born (1987) and might be still in construction when i am dead

Deserves world record..

Type 075 LHD is also 40,000 tons same as Vikrant and it takes Chinese 1 year to build one. Not sure why India is so slow.

Type 075 LHD is also 40,000 tons same as Vikrant and it takes Chinese 1 year to build one. Not sure why India is so slow.
When all critical parts need to be imported and u will know why it is so slow.

China domestic build warship have zero foreign critical parts, the building speed therefore can be very fast.

This ship seems progressing very slowly. Maybe 10 more years before it can be on sea trial.
It was launched in 2013..it will take 15 years if it remains ons schedule to go to sea trials after launch..

This has been unheard of..
Ship useful life will be over by the time its ready lol

It was launched in 2013..it will take 15 years if it remains ons schedule to go to sea trials after launch..

This has been unheard of..
Ship useful life will be over by the time its ready lol
The 2013 launch was absolutely only for political purposes ... the island superstructure was not even installed. Have you seen any other aircraft carrier or LHD getting launched without their islands? I will by all means most likely pass away before I even see their third aircraft carrier get commissioned. And this is against the backdrop of a dual Pakistani (left-flank) and Chinese (right-flank) naval envelopment of the Indian Ocean.
1.png

This. Radar is from Israel. Engine is from the US. And who knows what else. No wonder Vikrant costs so much.
They are already asking for EMALs and IEPs from the US for their next carrier :omghaha:.

Back
Top Bottom