What's new

Fierce gun fight rages in Kashmir

Yes that is a very good question. I think, we need to set up an international enquiry committee which will conduct an investigation on this issue. Do you prefer UN?

Dont need to spend years for that, you guys trust international media right? Then please go ahead and check BBC documentry on it.

Kashmiris have suffered too much in the hands of Indian army/police.

Not just Army/Police. Kashmiries also have suffered the hand of militents as well.

Its time for the world to wake up...Kashmiris have suffered and the sad part is few people in the world actually know whats happening in Indian Occupied Kashmir.

Yes, solution should be found as soon as possible. Politicians will be safe in thier homes but it's common Kashmiries, ordinary soldiers and misguided youths who are suffering.

If Kashmiris really want to stay with India and salute the Indian flag, then Pakistan wont ever talk about Kashmir ever again but we need to hear from Kashmiris if they want to stay with India and the only way is to hold a plebiscite which was promised to the Kashmiri people in 1948. If they chose India we will support their decision and never even mention the word Kashmir.

I hope that happens and it can only happens when violence is sopped and Kashmiries including Hindus who were forced to flee thier homes can come back. But even holding a refferendom is a suicide for any policitical party in India. Same as it will be suicide for any Pakistani party or Chinese government to hold referendome in Blochistan or Tibet respectivly.

Kashmir is internationally recognized as disputed territory, and the Indian Government accepted and recognized both the disputed status and the means of resolution (plebiscite) in the UN, along with Pakistan and the rest of the UN.

Please provide link or proof where India accepted it's an International disputed terrotory and which resolution it was.

I hope that happens and it can only happens when violence is sopped and Kashmiries including Hindus who were forced to flee thier homes can come back. But even holding a refferendom is a suicide for any policitical party in India. Same as it will be suicide for any Pakistani party or Chinese government to hold referendome in Blochistan or Tibet respectivly.

As has been established in numerous, relevant threads, Kashmir was accepted as a disputed territory by Bharat, when Nehru himself moved the UNSC in this regard, and signed to holding a plebiscite in the State of Jammu And Kashmir.

Due to Nehru's acceptance, in fact, instigation of the relevant United Nations resolutions, it is a matter of INternational law that a plebiscite is held in Kashmir.

Now chosing to obfuscate, by bringing other examples, which are not of the same legal and historical context, is quite disingenuous.

any further discussion on the Kashmir plebiscite issue, should be on the thread above, especially after reading the various arguments made by various people, both Bharati and Pakistani.

Army gets intelligence from Pak
Ishfaq-ul-HasanThursday, March 26, 2009 2:22 IST Email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The army said it had received intelligence from across the LoC, which proved crucial in tracking down the infiltrators in the Drangyari and Hafradu forests in Kupwara district. Seventeen terrorists and six soldiers were killed in a six-day encounter, which is still continuing.

"The terrorists were intercepted because of absolute, accurate, and reliable human intelligence from our side as well as the other side of the LoC," said brigadier Gurmeet Singh, brigadier general staff (BGS), 15 Corps.

Singh, however, refused to give details of the intelligence network that led to the interception and elimination of the terrorists. "All I can tell you is that we have a very deliberate, well laid-out intelligence network to have early warnings of infiltration attempts," he said.

"The terrorists were essentially foreign militants from the Lashkar-e-Taiba," Singh said.

He said the weapons recovered from the site indicate that the militants were well organised. "The maps and global positioning systems recovered from the dead militants were indicative that state and security forces' assistance from across the border was there, as such material is not usually in the civil domain."

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

You haven't paid attention then.

Look at what Nehru himself said (UN resolutions thread) and what India did in 1971, and the in 1984 in Siachen, and explain to me how exactly Pakistan was supposed to think after all this that India was i anyway sincere in resolving Kashmir.

Jingoistic arguments and just pulling events out of order to somehow justify your point is silly - look at the time-lines and what India's actions and policies were in the region and on Kashmir leading into Pakistani support for the Freedom Movement in the early nineties/late eighties to better analyze the situation.

India had left Pakistan no choice but to try this route.

No I am not pulling events out of order...I am talking about start .. I am talking about 1947-48...I am talking about events that forced King to agree for accession ... I am not interested in "Jingoistic arguments"....I am talking facts..... If in 1947-48 Pakistan has not shown haste than Kashmir might be Free today.....

tx

Secondly, many people have raised the Baluchistan canard - there is no comparison between Kashmir and Baluchistan. To compare Kashmir and Baluchistan is like comparing Kashmir and Assam, Tamil Nadu or Indian Punjab.

Kashmir is internationally recognized as disputed territory, and the Indian Government accepted and recognized both the disputed status and the means of resolution (plebiscite) in the UN, along with Pakistan and the rest of the UN.

Baluchistan has no such 'disputed status'. Baluchistan also became a part of Pakistan through a jirga style representative process (see http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/12882-balochistan.html), while Kashmir never had a referendum or plebiscite (as agreed by the GoI) to validate the annexation to India.

The two are completely different cases with different dynamics.

What you will say to what happened in Mumbai, Blasts in UP, Delhi and otehr parts of India.....

You know there no black & white in life everything is Grey...This thread is on Kashmir and I will stick to Kashmir....There were other case where Pakistan helped terrorist outside Kashmir against India......

Don't expect less in return I will say again....

tx

Originally Posted by dabong1:
What abut the soldiers fighting....are they from kashmir or are they from all over india.

Originally Posted by tyagi:
in the indian army the soldiers are from all over the country .isn't it the same in your army or is your army from one particular area .:oops:

Exactly the point. If pakistan wants they can send the soldiers for a war for kashmir. But sending armed non-military personal across is like trying to hit below the belt in a boxing match. If you want to play, play fair and square, there are rules for warfare as well.

well i talked about kashmir and kashmiri ppl also live on our side of LoC. and about other pakistanis going to IoK for fighting against ur troops, i will never deny that. u lik it or not but its our(muslims) nature to help muslims who are being killed or opressed in any part of the world. iraq and afghanistan are few examples where there are more foreign muslims fighting than locals. im tellin u a fact so plz dont take it personally. again ill say as i have said in other places that there is a difference in jihad and terrorism so dont think i support wat happened in mumbai.
no one has proof about pak providing weapons to these ppl so lets not get into that

The intention of muslims helping other muslim is great. However, it would be lot better if these helps come in a non-violent way. Looking at the recent history, the so called helps is only resulting in more people dying everywhere, not to mention the interal rivalries between the muslims.

The point is, if only people leaves the so called sufferes to sort out the problem themselves, a lot of issues would have been solved by now. This is 21st century, and it's high time peple throws out conspiracy theories against a particular religion out of their mind. This is a era, where all can leave peacefully, i.e., if they want to. All problems in the world can be sorted out without violence.

Last edited:
Then pls don't expect India to move out of Afganistan.....Disputed or not.....Don't talk about dispute when Pakistan was the initial aggresor.....As I have written elewhere...Indian govt will not talk under duress....And people of Kashmir has voted...they have understood the terrorism will cause them dear as there main source of income is turisom.....and terrorism has left them with no source of income.....nothing speaks like money

tx

as if you will move out of afghanistan!!!!!! and dont be emotional. pakistan wasnt the initial aggressor and i dont wanna go back to 1971 and remind you of ur involvement. and mind you indian gov only talks when such incidents start happenin otherwise they give statements lik one we read few days back. and if u are so confident about kashmiris being happy then y dont u give them the right to choose bw india and pakistan which is their right according the UN resolution. well how could u do that when u know they ll never vote in favour of india so lets not talk about that. 'nothing speaks like money' loooollll...... bro nothing speaks lik freedom and not money.

Last edited:
Ok...and nobody has proof for India doing any wrongdoing in Afganistan...do you agree.....

tx

that proof has been shown to ur new natural ally (US) many times. ur agencies tried their best to somehow link mumbai attacks with ISI but they failed miserably again refuting indian claim of pak army providing weapons or any other kind of help

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom