What's new

F-16IN to make a comeback in MMRCA-II

Status
Not open for further replies.
better go for the mig 35

idar udar ke na maar jo list likhi hey uspe baat kar... "Cant trust US" HAHAHHAHAHAHA
it is nothing but a joke "cant trust USA" forign policy and defnce prepardness is all about have and have nots and trsut or emotions are just escuses of the weak

Then how many types of fighter fleets will the Indian AF operate?
Very difficult, logistics are nightmare!
How will they standardize their AF?
All the new acquisitions will have common equipments in critical areas, likeBVR(Astra), OBOGS, IFF, MEWS, Avionics, communication etc.

I am no aviaton expert but you're telling me that F-16 and Su-30 can share tactical data between each other??
Does India have its own software/IFF and Link 11/16 derivative for its aircraft? If yes, any details?

How will they have common equipments in critical parts? Would you expect a Viper to have the same avionics suite as Su-30?

F16IN news is the direct result of recent courting by Saab Gripen and its tacit acknowledgement of Gripen under Make In India program.. Its direct result of GE Chikan plant in Pune and probable Saab manufacturing plant in maharastra for which Mahrastra CM D Fadanavis even visited Saab factory and did a photo op from Gripen cockpit.. Of course GE would have given the feedback that a potential sale of 1000+ jet engines is there so why not Lockheed Martin/Boeing or even other American companies not take advantage of all this opportunities..

If we look with honesty inside our own problems and why Saab Gripen or F16IN is coming up then we have to distinguish between the reality of MMRCA and Light Category need of IAF. The reality is that under no circumstances the "medium" category would be single engined.. Thus Gripen/F16 IN and MMRCA any version is all a smokescreen.. The real intention of all these so called courting/newsflash or detailed offerings is simply because of a MOD's open declaration of need of 200+ birds under Light category. Thus its that market which they are trying to capture and in turn our domestic manufacturer is playing right into their hands by not able to a) Honouring the timelines for Tejas b) Ill timed statements for more orders for sake of keeping manufacturing line open and for some return over investment of 1500 Crs c)Most importantly saying manpower constraints over MK2 project..

One must remember the Dassault chief Eric Trappier quoted manpower cost at 2.67 times if Rafale is produced at HAL due to old style/processes and high manhours requirement.. Both directly implying the expertise of efficient manufacturing is still not fully attained by HAL.

Unfortunately i believe USA should have offered F18 ASH as a complete package over F16 IN.. perhpas that would have rattled Dassault more.. May be UK or may be Germany Angela Merkel directly talking for EF can change the equation again and open up the deal for the larger order for EF and Rafale full fledged cancellation (even 36)

On a sidenote, i don know how others may see but i do feel Pakistan should feel betrayed by USA tactics.. The helicopters versus latest F16IN makes me feel that Pak is taken for granted and given a small candy to say look we gave you sweets...For long the amount of Drone poundings to use of Pak for fight against terror by USA and this analogy of handing over small goodies to them and reserving bigger and better goodies o for India of the same F16 that PAF already has is not a very good way of treating.. Its selfish using tactics so low and cheap against other nations..
India should be beware of such a thing and not allow to be used like that..

lol you cant trust US ?

Selected Chinook
Selected Apache
Selected C17
Selected P8I
Selected BlackHawk 70

became American kaka ..ignore all russian weapons in verses ... aur batain horahe hain we cant trust US ? BIG LOL!

Usually I dont replied to moronic posts like this .
But you need to know something about logic.
We have Russian Equivalent for each of this items you mentioned there.And we have LCH if there is any unavaliability in Apache.

So is the LCA Mk 2 getting a shot at MMRCA 2 after all the troll bots here believe it is a good plane.

And if the MMRCA 2 is happening will the deal concluded by 2025 or will it go till 2040? And what about the alarming depletion of aircraft in IAF? What is the IAF supposed to do till then and more importantly what will the PSUs and HAL do till then?

I am no aviaton expert but you're telling me that F-16 and Su-30 can share tactical data between each other??
Does India have its own software/IFF and Link 11/16 derivative for its aircraft? If yes, any details?

How will they have common equipments in critical parts? Would you expect a Viper to have the same avionics suite as Su-30?

We recently purchased P-8I Martime petrol air craft from IN from USA which we got our own communication system.

The P-8I also integrates BEL Data Link II communications system, Avantel mobile satellite system and a speech secrecy system from Electronics Corporation of India (ECIL).

P-8I Multimission Maritime Patrol Aircraft - Naval Technology

The same way, all our air assets communicates in our own system, among all the jets to and fro including AWACS.

Regarding the suite, it depends upon our negotiation and requirements. Mostly we prefer our own systems for any new air crafts. Rafale talks stalled now due to our demand to add Astra BVR with their system.

We recently purchased P-8I Martime petrol air craft from IN from USA which we got our own communication system.

The P-8I also integrates BEL Data Link II communications system, Avantel mobile satellite system and a speech secrecy system from Electronics Corporation of India (ECIL).

P-8I Multimission Maritime Patrol Aircraft - Naval Technology

The same way, all our air assets communicates in our own system, among all the jets to and fro including AWACS.

Regarding the suite, it depends upon our negotiation and requirements. Mostly we prefer our own systems for any new air crafts. Rafale talks stalled now due to our demand to add Astra BVR with their system.
looks like a delibrate attempt to arm twist PMO & new DM by IAF top bosses as they themselfs know astra can be integrated with rafle in later stages and is not mature enof right now still they are bieng stubborn ... what does this attitude tells you looks like top IAF generals are not happy with the present "dealings"

looks like a delibrate attempt to arm twist PMO & new DM by IAF top bosses as they themselfs know astra can be integrated with rafle in later stages and is not mature enof right now still they are bieng stubborn ... what does this attitude tells you looks like top IAF generals are not happy with the present "dealings"
We are only asking them to add Astra in future only since it will take some time to mature.

f india get hands on the most advanced version of f16s- its game over of PAF-
The Americans won't allow a head to head. They have all the F-16s codes and can blow the systems with the flick of a remote switch at their secret ops room at Nellis AF base! 8-)

Usually I dont replied to moronic posts like this .
But you need to know something about logic.
We have Russian Equivalent for each of this items you mentioned there.And we have LCH if there is any unavaliability in Apache.

I never replied to a****** posts when the poster quote someone without reading his/her post .... but for you... before going to jump like ********* in everything ... read the quoted post first....

it is nothing but a joke "cant trust USA" forign policy and defnce prepardness is all about have and have nots and trsut or emotions are just escuses of the weak

ye pehlay apnay mulk kay logoon ko ye samjhah mujhe nahe lol....

we already have AESA technology its the engine tech (single crystal blade & extreme heat resistencet metlurggy )and adanced and miniturised EW suits and jammer tech that we want and as of now frenchies and USA & israelies have them but israelies cant sell them to us till USA givers the nod
Guru bhai why cant we just buy F16in super viper, they are giving us a tailor made fighter just made for us....data link was the main reason why we hesitated.....but now that an AESA equipped fighter with 120+kn fighter with advance weapons has come to our door step why not just take it???F16 is a damn good fighter and is maintenance friendly..... We can get 100+ fighters at $10 billion with all weapons package and bunker buster missile comes for free

Guru bhai why cant we just buy F16in super viper, they are giving us a tailor made fighter just made for us....data link was the main reason why we hesitated.....but now that an AESA equipped fighter with 120+kn fighter with advance weapons has come to our door step why not just take it???F16 is a damn good fighter and is maintenance friendly..... We can get 100+ fighters at $10 billion with all weapons package and bunker buster missile comes for free
last i remmebr UAE bought its F-16s at some 100 million per piece but ya its a damn good fighter , light , agile and very very potent but IAF has its strike capbility built around jags and M2Ks so they are more comfortable with mirage or rafale + rafale is much much better than F-16IN BLK 60 deu to its advanced radar , ew suite and Spectra and rafle will be more easy to intigrate into owr doctroine than F-16s can ever imagine

last i remmebr UAE bought its F-16s at some 100 million per piece but ya its a damn good fighter , light , agile and very very potent but IAF has its strike capbility built around jags and M2Ks so they are more comfortable with mirage or rafale + rafale is much much better than F-16IN BLK 60 deu to its advanced radar , ew suite and Spectra and rafle will be more easy to intigrate into owr doctroine than F-16s can ever imagine
But the costs have sky rocketed!!!!how to expect 4 squadrons as u have mentioned earlier , even if we get hold of 4 squadrons that would be more than enough......but again IAF now wants astra they dont even want to wait......otherwise 80 rafales are game changer, it will be more than enough to beat any fighter in PLAAF inventory:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom