What's new

F-16IN to make a comeback in MMRCA-II

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the costs have sky rocketed!!!!how to expect 4 squadrons as u have mentioned earlier , even if we get hold of 4 squadrons that would be more than enough......but again IAF now wants astra they dont even want to wait......otherwise 80 rafales are game changer, it will be more than enough to beat any fighter in PLAAF inventory:agree:
the IAF genrals are onli scaring frenchies not PMO & MOD for a better "deal" if you know what i mean ;)

the IAF genrals are onli scaring frenchies not PMO & MOD for a better "deal" if you know what i mean ;)
Guru bhai aap to Mahabharat ke sanjay nikle:p:
Doordrishti badi door ki soochi hai apne:yahoo:

DM MP: For love of Hindu god, take LCA... Take MKI.. and get over the french love
Arup Raha: But I cant forget the french Kiss
DM MP: i did nt get to kiss right.. i did nt even go to france...
PM Modi: We will buy Rafale
DM MP: Yes sir we will buy Rafale
CM Fadnavis: Sirji, i was saying Saab plant can come in Maharastra....
DM MP: We need 200 light fighters.. IF not LCA then...
PM Modi: .................. (Silent)
IAF pilot: We beat RAF typhoons .. MKI is a beast..
Reporter: MKI trounces EF , blanks EF 12-0.. Decisive victory of Russian jets
Arup raha: LCA will do sir.. Give us LCA.. 200.. MK2
HAL: Sir we need more order for MK1.. We have manpower constraints.. Cant make MK2
DM MP: .......... (silent) ...(DM MP assistant orders an extra bottle of feni (cashew based alcohol) for sir tonite)
Arup Raha: We have plans for squadrons fall replacements
Reporter: 36 rafales in trouble..
OBAMA: Narendra, we would like to offer the very latest and top end tech of United States of America.. The F16 Indian Edition for you exclsuively with everything latest and top of the world..
PM Modi: ..... (Silent)
Dm MP: .........(Silent)
Arup raha: ........ (Silent)
Eric Trappier: ............. mumbling incoherently (Damn why we did the french kiss)

Putin: Opened his desk drawer.. got the bottle up.. poured a small peg of vodka.. gulped at one go.. i forgt to say Cheers !!

so your nation and its hub bul watans are still dreaming about the past but that happenned more than half a centuary ago do you still beleve you will be able to do what you manged to do then and that too because of active US help in best fighter tech and training but can the same be said now :azn:
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::closed:

a very novice like question (especially in this thread), but are we really sure there is some such thing as MMRCA 2 or similar going on?
By what i can understand from comments and tweets, it looks like there is a case where government wants to procure shortfall of 90 aircrafts (assuming 36 deal is done and dusted for Rafale) by getting someone to partner an Indian private player. Now if thats the case why do we want to go through another protracted set of qualification procedures, especially when IAF has only 2 qualified platforms. & it also raises 2 questions:
a. Has the original set of requirements been diluted to get in Grippen, F-16 etc?
b. If A is true, there must be a shift in how these new (meaning MMRCA 2 planes) are proposed for their roles. Does anyone know what this change of tactical requirement is now?
@Abingdonboy @GURU DUTT @MilSpec @sancho @Capt.Popeye @nair
Sorry... No MMRCA2, We cannot afford another platform, logistics, training etc.. If that was the case we would have broken the MMRCA into rafale and Mig35mki a long time ago, and by now you would have Mig35 already in operation.... but the fact of the matter is we cannot afford another platform....

Just from the logistical stand point I would have preffered F/A 18 SH as a twin engined MMRCA with engine commonality with LCAmk2, or a rafale/EFT if LCA mk2 was re-engined for common engine block.
Now that, it has not happened, there is only Rafale.

The only way there can be a MMRCA2 is if Rafale is completely cancelled. With Dassaults heavy handedness I believe there should not be more than two squadrons inducted... focus should be to drive deliveries for PAKFA and development of PMF FGFA for IAF, and get the same AESA radat as MLU for the MKI.....Leave the gap in sqdn strength to LCA mk2.

You seems to know nothing and acting like you know everything? I didnt say You indian will take mistral but French forsake mistral deal and place their pride above profit by even forgoing the billion Mistral deal with Russian. What makes you think your few billion to make the french succumb to your request. The french will rather ask you to shove down your throat with your request and forgo the Rafale deal than listen to your order. They will say your money is stink and go look for someone else. Take it or leave it. You seriously think INdian has the upper hand. Every country know Indian can't build anything effectively. It is Indian begging others to sell them things. They know your squadron is depleting fast and LCA is miscarriage so far. :D The one desperate is Indians.

We Chinese has our own technology and we do not import like India. At least we rank number 4 in weapon export deal in world ranking. How many weapon India export and rank where? May I know?
Lol now don't worry we don't give a shit about its rafale ir eurofighter and french can also shove their fighter in your @$$ or in their @$$. You talk about chinese technology.
Lol you mean copycat tehnology for which everyone thinks twice to sell anything to you because they are critical that you will reverse engineer it and copy it.
You talk about china making its own weapons.
So why your country is begging in front of russia for su-35 and s300.
Where is your super duper chinese technology which you are bragging about you mo$&@fu×()ker.
I know pwople like you always brag abkut we have highest IQ and that and this. Now when you have such a good IQ why are you copying others and also buying aircradts from russians.
Now you talk about that you are selling your weapons to others, okay tell me who the fcuk is willing to take your super duper weapons other than the biggest beggar on earth named pakistan.
Tell me........
Now kid go and do toothbrush first because your mouth is makong you to write this sh1t.
And if you want to get more humiliated then quote me i am willing to do because i love to kick @$$e$$ of people like you.

Last edited:
a very novice like question (especially in this thread), but are we really sure there is some such thing as MMRCA 2 or similar going on?
By what i can understand from comments and tweets, it looks like there is a case where government wants to procure shortfall of 90 aircrafts (assuming 36 deal is done and dusted for Rafale) by getting someone to partner an Indian private player. Now if thats the case why do we want to go through another protracted set of qualification procedures, especially when IAF has only 2 qualified platforms. & it also raises 2 questions:
a. Has the original set of requirements been diluted to get in Grippen, F-16 etc?
b. If A is true, there must be a shift in how these new (meaning MMRCA 2 planes) are proposed for their roles. Does anyone know what this change of tactical requirement is now?
@Abingdonboy @GURU DUTT @MilSpec @sancho @Capt.Popeye @nair
Tere is no such thing as a "MMRCA 2.0" this is a stupid media spin on a RFI that relates to the domestic production of 90 fighter jets that relates purely to the identification of an Indian partner for Dassualt to make the Rafale in India for the IAF. Look at Dassault's most recent comments about looking at Make in India options.

There is ZERO chance that the MoD/IAF are procuring TWO different types of fighter jet to fulfil the MMRCA requirement and anyone who thinks that the IAF will stop at 36 units of one type are being beyond dumb- this is in no way an economical figure for the IAF.

Rafale is going to be bought. If france behaves itself maybe well buy more than 36.

France behaves itself!!

I mean you guys are arrogant and foolish at the same time. You want just 36 Rafales. On top of that, you want them to your specifications and the price of your liking too! This is like some guy who just got rich and going out to buy some high end commodity in up scale market. This is how Indians are behaving.

France behaves itself!!

I mean you guys are arrogant and foolish at the same time. You want just 36 Rafales. On top of that, you want them to your specifications and the price of your liking too! This is like some guy who just got rich and going out to buy some high end commodity in up scale market. This is how Indians are behaving.
Lol why are you worried about it we aren't Pakistan who begs, so we will have arrogancy and that speaks for our weight in international area but what Pakistan is capable of rather than running for aid.
If they don't want to budge in then okay we have other many options as you can see.

DM MP: For love of Hindu god, take LCA... Take MKI.. and get over the french love
Arup Raha: But I cant forget the french Kiss
DM MP: i did nt get to kiss right.. i did nt even go to france...
PM Modi: We will buy Rafale
DM MP: Yes sir we will buy Rafale
CM Fadnavis: Sirji, i was saying Saab plant can come in Maharastra....
DM MP: We need 200 light fighters.. IF not LCA then...
PM Modi: .................. (Silent)
IAF pilot: We beat RAF typhoons .. MKI is a beast..
Reporter: MKI trounces EF , blanks EF 12-0.. Decisive victory of Russian jets
Arup raha: LCA will do sir.. Give us LCA.. 200.. MK2
HAL: Sir we need more order for MK1.. We have manpower constraints.. Cant make MK2
DM MP: .......... (silent) ...(DM MP assistant orders an extra bottle of feni (cashew based alcohol) for sir tonite)
Arup Raha: We have plans for squadrons fall replacements
Reporter: 36 rafales in trouble..
OBAMA: Narendra, we would like to offer the very latest and top end tech of United States of America.. The F16 Indian Edition for you exclsuively with everything latest and top of the world..
PM Modi: ..... (Silent)
Dm MP: .........(Silent)
Arup raha: ........ (Silent)
Eric Trappier: ............. mumbling incoherently (Damn why we did the french kiss)

Putin: Opened his desk drawer.. got the bottle up.. poured a small peg of vodka.. gulped at one go.. i forgt to say Cheers !!
You forgot to include 65 PakFa...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom