What's new

"Export of August 2021 fall short and only USD 2.257 billion"Abdul Razak

There will be no miracles for Pakistan and even great policies will take 15 years to correct the damages done by the families and their worshippers here.

.... while in the meantime the world runs faster and faster and we claim to try and untie our shoelaces binding our shoes together.

These are generic, unsubstantiated opinions that are constructed to carefully avoid showing the present setup in a bad light.
The same could be said of opinions showing the current setup in a bad light. Or of opinion of setups before them and before them.

Shukat Tarin has lead Pakistan to Default in 2008. He abandoned the IMF program in 2008 and he was fired in 2010 because IMF put more hard conditions rather than softening it.

It was Hafez Sheik who came negotiated with IMF that they do not take credit liabilities and he was successful in 2010.

Mark my word this guy will lead us to default end of this month and he doing same thing he did in 2008 with IMF. He has very bad history with IMF and they do not like this man. He will go IMF on Qatar Airways in October 13th and will have direct meeting with Gerry Rice and Gerry Rice will put his words to IMF boss. However, I know he will come with chit of things to do at mid of October and i swear from my heart we cannot take it and our Industry will confirm collapse due to those condition and it will better to announce default.

It is more better to announce default now so that we can rid of this FM and SBP governor.

Bro Pakistan was never at the verge of default in history before as was in 2018. Shaukat tareen got served a $13b Current account deficit. Both Shaukat tareen and Hafeez Sheikh during that time not only kept the exports growing but also managed the crisis. Had PPP not been so corrupt they would have fared a lot better.

Lack of basic knowledge along with qeema naan in hands is a deadly combination that leads to this sort of baseless rhetoric 😂

Last edited:
The same could be said of opinions showing the current setup in a bad light. Or of opinion of setups before them and before them.

So let's ditch the opinions and talk logic and hard facts.

.... while in the meantime the world runs faster and faster and we claim to try and untie our shoelaces binding our shoes together.
The result of this is that alternative economies are being created by the educated middle class and others below them in the financial structure. However, as the system fails to allow them growth these economies will move to greener pastures that support the speed they want.
After all, there are many very smart people from Pakistan who have made themselves a name in FinTech and other industries which Pakistan is not geared to support both where we are and in the UAE. If you read the story of Atoms shoes that is another great one.
However, there are also many people lost in the Dunning-Kruger effect who consider themselves the epitome of intelligence in Pakistan - they hold key positions in government and military today - many others are on PDF.
So let's ditch the opinions and talk logic and hard facts.
Whenever you bring them

And your failure to reply with a logical comment and resorting to generic rhetoric is evident of your point of view. 😂

$2.257b is the number.
This number very bad and worse you are justifying it? Shame on you

Even Dawood is saying we fall short of 150 million dollar and you are happy? Bhai the whole purpose of devaluation is gone in gutter line just like Karachi is.

On July export were 2.3 billion dollar and August lower and in August CAD will be higher than July even after 3% devaluation alone in August. So it only leading mess and proverty and no gain as PTI media highlights of advantage are on wisable on twitter and Defence.PK.

MASHALLAH, at this rate 1 USD TO 200 PKR looks very possible in 2022

This number very bad and worse you are justifying it? Shame on you

Even Dawood is saying we fall short of 150 million dollar and you are happy? Bhai the whole purpose of devaluation is gone in gutter line just like Karachi is.

On July export were 2.3 billion dollar and August lower and in August CAD will be higher than July even after 3% devaluation alone in August. So it only leading mess and proverty and no gain as PTI media highlights of advantage are on wisable on twitter and Defence.PK.

Even if we just take into account this figure while ignoring the higher figure in the preceding month:

$2.257b x 12= $27b.

Its good government is targeting for more, like the attitude. Ahh you mentioned Karachi ♥️. Do keep in mind that it was enuch in Karachi that did lock down for the entire first week of August, that probably costed us a sum.

Let me know when the actual CAD figure comes in by the end of 1st Half of ongoing FY. It will be grossly in line with expectation.

No matter what happens CAD not be greater than your leaders legacy.

I have seen the likes of your analysis for the past 2 yrs where we have defaulted every 2nd month. Give it a break, and let that qeema naan digest.

The result of this is that alternative economies are being created by the educated middle class and others below them in the financial structure. However, as the system fails to allow them growth these economies will move to greener pastures that support the speed they want.
After all, there are many very smart people from Pakistan who have made themselves a name in FinTech and other industries which Pakistan is not geared to support both where we are and in the UAE. If you read the story of Atoms shoes that is another great one.
However, there are also many people lost in the Dunning-Kruger effect who consider themselves the epitome of intelligence in Pakistan - they hold key positions in government and military today - many others are on PDF.

The talent is there alright, undoubtedly. But I disagree that the system fails by not letting them take root. The system is designed to weed such troublemakers out lest the status quo that benefits the existing overlords to maintain their exploitative hold on resources is perturbed.

A lot of the PTI financial pain(apart from the mess done by the swine ruling prior to them) came from Asad Umar’s indecision and incompetence during the critical first 6 months.
The guru of Engro was hapless when faced with a national economy versus a single vertical corporation hence the need for an actual Subject Matter Expert.
There will be no miracles for Pakistan and even great policies will take 15 years to correct the damages done by the families and their worshippers here.

Asad Umar was also responsible for delaying the inevitable IMF bailout, and for foisting the economically unviable Thar Coal Project upon the nation, that some like @Bilal. dutifully defend on PDF as best as possible.

Obviously, there is no shortage of criminals and their cronies across all walks of life, political persuasion or the military, to give us the national results and future that we can observe today.

On topic, a nation that produces so little in exports and yet feels proud in balancing its books by remittances will not rise to achieving its economic potential - ever - if it keeps its internal status quo by choice.

Last edited:
The talent is there alright, undoubtedly. But I disagree that the system fails by not letting them take root. The system is designed to weed such troublemakers out lest the status quo that benefits the existing overlords to maintain their exploitative hold on resources is perturbed.

Asad Umar was also responsible for delaying the inevitable IMF bailout, and for foisting the economically unviable Thar Coal Project upon the nation, that some like @Bilal. dutifully defend on PDF as best as possible.

Obviously, there is no shortage of criminals and their cronies across all walks of life, political persuasion or the military, to give us the national results and future that we can observe today.

On topic, a nation that produces so little exports and yet feels proud in balancing its books by remittances will not rise to achieving its economic potential - ever - if it keeps its internal status quo by choice.
Oh lol… seems you are still salty about being proven wrong about Thar coal project and the cheap affordable electricity being produced from it….

Whenever you bring them

The forum is already overflowing with the gems of my logic

Oh lol… seems you are still salty about being proven wrong about Thar coal project and the cheap affordable electricity being produced from it….

Nah, I admire your devotion to defending the indefensible. Cronies like you defending criminal acts foisted on the nation are only one reason the present thread exists. For me, it is only amusing now. Please carry on as you wish. :D

Nah, I admire your devotion to defending the indefensible. Cronies like you defending criminal acts foisted on the nation are only one reason the present thread exists. For me, it is only amusing now. Please carry on as you wish. :D
lol… yep very convincing argument. Truly number 1 (and very salty) :lol:

1630519574479.png

On topic, a nation that produces so little exports and yet feels proud in balancing its books by remittances will not rise to achieving its economic potential - ever - if it keeps its internal status quo by choice.

Just to point out some facts,

I have covered the pros and cons of Asad Umer decision. He did pulled things back a lot and slowed down the vicious cycle, the only problem with his plan was the one time nature of financing he secured like from gulf ( 3% is very good), but once it ran out we had to go to IMF ( a long term source of accessing funding) like their 36-39 months bailout package. Anyways going into details will be out of the context of this thread.

That coal is a very viable option, in fact the only cost effective and sustainable one. What it lacked was economy of scale. I would be glad if you have not touched this topic especially when imported coal has crossed $145 😂

The most appropriate time to go to IMF was when CAD hit $11b in 2017 without any cover. The damage was done by this point, and by 2018 we were in crisis with very real threat of bankruptcy.

Rest of your post I agree with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom