What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

What about Egypt..?! they were also interested in purchasing with TOT but the only hurdle in this sale was TOT.

Well the article in the OP mentions the receiving country being an Asian country. Egypt is traditionally considered an African country albeit part of the Middle East so it cant be them. Most likely Sri Lanka with a small chance it is Azerbaijan.

30mil? That's almost Flanker money. It's still not confirmed it's us.
For new contracts, Su-30's cost around $50-$60 million now depending on its configuration.

I seriously hope its a South Asian nation(Sri Lanka) or Myanmar instead of some arab country - we have direct military access to all our neighbours barring Pakistan!

That means IAF techies would get their hands on the JF-17 for evaluations!

JF-17 is a good option for such countries, No problem for Hardware, maintenance, Weaponry they are light cheap as Good for A2A and A2G.. We cant purchase B-2 Spirit or F22 its common sense.

We can purchase SMTs with that money.

For new contracts, Su-30's cost around $50-$60 million now depending on its configuration.

I seriously hope its a South Asian nation(Sri Lanka) or Myanmar instead of some arab country - we have direct military access to all our neighbours barring Pakistan!

this HTML class. Value is http://www.aircraftc

According to this the SU 27 starts from 37 mil

We can purchase SMTs with that money.

this HTML class. Value is http://www.aircraftc

According to this the SU 27 starts from 37 mil
I mentioned Su 30 buddy. Su 27's are not purchased nowadays.

However, if I had a choice to make for Myanmar, I would have preferred MiG 29 SMT. Its smaller, less maintenance intensive, has a lower operating cost and very good capabilities.

Don't get influenced by what you see in the media or what SHW govt is doing or not doing. At field level common man, security forces, administration go out of the way to help them. Fyi, there are around 2 mlln Rohingyas living in BD for generations - ever since the Japanese occupation in WW II. They are doctors, engineers, teachers, govt servants - they are everywhere because they have somehow managed to obtain nationality documents. They own banks, five star hotels and are among the leading merchants. Rohingyas have nowhere to go except BD. If they have gone to Lyari or anywhere in the world it was with BD papers. Even for going for Hajj they have to go through BD.

First of all Rohingya are Bangalis.. And those 2 million themselves hve been living in bangladesh before 1947 or 71 go that matter.

It like me boasting about millions of Pak Pashtuns that have origin in modern dy PAK and settled here in the 18th century.

Do I need telemetry data to know what it was derived from?
Its comes quite later on. First impression is given by the structure and Aerodynamics of the aircraft.Except may b verticle stablizer there is nothing common that proves it to be some variant of F-7. Also a peek into cockpit wud clearly show U generations gap between Thunder and F-7.
What about Egypt..?! they were also interested in purchasing with TOT but the only hurdle in this sale was TOT.
Egypt had opted for Rafale and may further go for used Mirage 2000-5 of UAE.

However, if I had a choice to make for Myanmar, I would have preferred MiG 29 SMT. Its smaller, less maintenance intensive, has a lower operating cost and very good capabilities.

Mig 29s smaller and less maintencance intensive and lower operating costs ?:lol:

:rofl: yeah sure .. Sure...

P.S: You should have pitched in LCA?.. Oh wait ..:rofl:

Mig 29s smaller and less maintencance intensive and lower operating costs ?:lol:

I don't know why you are laughing like a juvenile? The overload of smiley's trying to make up for lack of content in posts?

MiG 29 has lower operating costs vis-a-vis a Su 30.

And why would we pitch LCA? Its not a ready product.

that's what I was wondering. Is the base SU 27 out of production?

I too would prefer the SMT for the reasons you listed except for the maintenence and operation costs. MiG 29s need a lot of maintenence and support relative to even the Flankers as I understand it.

I would guess that the JF17 would require much less maintenence than a Fulcrum.

Precisely, some one is high on drugs. Ask RMAF of their reason why they grounded Their Mig-29 fleet. For mig-29, u get a short legged highly maintenance cost twin engine fighter without the benefit of a longer legged heavy load Su-27.

that's what I was wondering. Is the base SU 27 out of production?

I too would prefer the SMT for the reasons you listed except for the maintenence and operation costs. MiG 29s need a lot of maintenence and support relative to even the Flankers as I understand it.

I would guess that the JF17 would require much less maintenence than a Fulcrum.

SMT version has lot more improvement.
RD 33 MK engine life is 4000 hrs compared to AL-31 1500 Hrs
RD33 MK have FADEC which AL-31 Lacks.

SMT version has lot more improvement.
RD 33 MK engine life is 4000 hrs compared to AL-31 1500 Hrs
RD33 MK have FADEC which AL-31 Lacks.

An RD33 has 2500 hours more service life than an AL31? Thats quite surprising.

Its comes quite later on. First impression is given by the structure and Aerodynamics of the aircraft.Except may b verticle stablizer there is nothing common that proves it to be some variant of F-7. Also a peek into cockpit wud clearly show U generations gap between Thunder and F-7.

Egypt had opted for Rafale and may further go for used Mirage 2000-5 of UAE.
You have mig29Bs ... 20 bought for 523 million.. Here is a cockpit of your mig-29s which suffered high attrition rate:

Mig-29B:

image.jpg

JF-17 Block I:
image.jpg

Block I was primarily used for CAS and was priced at 25+ million.. And currently the fleet is undergoing BLOCK II Upgrade... Block II costs around 35 million dollars.

Back
Top Bottom