What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

that's what I was wondering. Is the base SU 27 out of production?

I too would prefer the SMT for the reasons you listed except for the maintenence and operation costs. MiG 29s need a lot of maintenence and support relative to even the Flankers as I understand it.

I would guess that the JF17 would require much less maintenence than a Fulcrum.
More maintenance intensive yes, lower operating costs no.
MiG 29 SMT (newer engine) has lower operating costs than a Flanker.

That said, I have no idea whether they are in production or not.

For sure the JF-17 will have lower maintenance than a MiG 29. Different classes for starters. Light combat and medium combat classes.

We hear alot about the sentence that JF-17 is more easy to maintain.Let me enlighten those who dont know the fact behind it. Just like other modern day aircraft JF-17 has modular design. In other words when it comes to maintenance U can directly open and examine the concerned area and do not need to remove any other unrelated component to make access. For example in old design aircraft like FT-5, A-5 etc if we had to remove say fuel pump then first we have to open the aft section of the aircraft, push engine a bit back after disconnecting some essential plumbing and harnesses and would then remove fuel pump.But the fault code system and modular design of Thunder has totally culminated this practice.

On one hand Pakistani religious parties are lying out their *** saying Burma has killed 100,000's of Muslims and on the other Pakistan is selling them fighter jets. Very strange.

I bet it has a much lower frontal rcs than any f16 variant as well as any mig sukhoi 4.5 gens because of dsi intakes. This feature can be used to market them already in addition to low operating cost and small size allowing it to land on highways in emergency.

Strong radar is necessary and if combined with conformal weapon bays under each wing behind inlets then would still be useful in 5th gen era as a silent thunder.

Currently it uses a jointly developed variant of KLJ7V2:

image.jpg

BLK III will use AESA.

P.S: Production of BLK I has ended ... So it's probably BLK II that has been sold.

Currently it uses a jointly developed variant of KLJ7V2:

View attachment 229868

BLK III will use AESA.

P.S: Production of BLK I has ended ... So it's probably BLK II that has been sold.
It has to be Myanmar and I think soon we may soon get more orders may from Azerbijan and Sri Lanka and some African Countries.

From what I can gather, Myanmar isn't too happy with recent Pakistani statements about it.

Sri Lanka isn't in the middle east, it's an Asian nation.
Map-of-world.jpg

[Edit]: Changed map, because the last one was geographically wrong.

Middle is in Asia and Srilanka is in South Asia

Probably not disclosing client name to protect against competitor pressure.

Im betting on Srilanka being the client, since they had high level military interactions most recently.

I feel its Srilanka, keeping in mind the current visit of COAS to Srilanka, its really hard to believe that the order is from Burma, keeping in mind that Pakistan NA recently passed a resolution in favor of Rohingya Muslims and criticizing Burma for not protecting them

Last edited:
No ill intentions here but

1. I was just curious as to why countries would refrain from naming buyer's for their export. Its natural that they would advertise it to get more buyers. If other countries see that someone is buying your jets then they would think its reliable and hence their interest would rise. For Eg. Rafale, Typhoons, Sukhois etc

2. I am also not sure as to why a buyer wouldn't like to be named as i think all almost all countries regularly buy fighter jets. Its not a controlled tech like long range missiles or air defense or nuclear tech

The only scenario it makes sense if

a. Buyer has international sanctions against it.
b. Pakistan doesn't have good public relationship with buyer or vice versa
c. China or some major ally of Pak doesn't approve of the buyer or vice versa for buyer's alliers

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts

@Hyperion @Oscar @nair @Nicky G @Horus

Beta ..

Kitnay saal, MMRCA pe aap ne aur aap ki sena ne marwai ...

Abhi samajh nai lagi ?

On one hand Pakistani religious parties are lying out their *** saying Burma has killed 100,000's of Muslims and on the other Pakistan is selling them fighter jets. Very strange.
Can U plz share the source which tells U about any recent sale of Pakistani Military Equipment to Burma?Even K-8 has been sold by China and that too quite few years ago.Again even if its Burma, the sale would be through China in any case. Its not merely Pakistani jet.

From what I can gather, Myanmar isn't too happy with recent Pakistani statements about it.

Sri Lanka isn't in the middle east, it's an Asian nation.

[Edit]: Changed map, because the last one was geographically wrong.
man.. i was talking about Gulf states...SA is buying tanks so may be she or another gulf state is going to buy JF 17..
Aizerbijan is also in Asia :)

Pakistan, China, Muslim countries - in fact no country conscious of human rights and freedom of people should have any dealing with this criminal nation. They are committing genocide on the Rohingyas whose plight is far worse than that of the Palestinians. Instead nations/individuals should aid the Rohingyas to fight for survival.
bangladesh could easily solve this problem if they want to, after all its is a bilateral issue between burma and bangladesh

Big mistake on Pakistan's part.

Would be a huge blunder.
no it snot, hasina has solidify her position. yes she may have given up water rights and other deals to india but its a win win for her party which thrives on anti pak sentiment. they even hanged Parliament members with a crime supposedly comitted before they were memebers!

Back
Top Bottom