What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

this has been discussed to death in jf17 thread4

Antibody, please dont feed the trols, he seems to be a bharat ratshit member, a group of hindu taliban, a site where they are satisfing each other with stuped logic like, f-22 is a copy of teja, amarams are copy of agni 8, and a jf-17 have two wings etc

currently the only real negotiations are between Egypt/China/Pakistan for the JFT but there is a lot of 'political' pressure as you can read below:

"Egypt is also looking to maintain diversity in its combat inventory and is in talks with China and Pakistan to acquire the FC-1/JF-17 multirole fighter and to establish a local production line for the type. Egypt's recent procurement of 120 K-8E Karakorum training aircraft from China - which also included local assembly - supports the possibility of a contract for the FC-1/JF-17. Moreover, such a deal would offer Egypt by far the lowest cost option as it looks to replace its aging Mirage 5, F-4 Phantom, Chengdu F-7 and MiG-21 fleets over the next decade. However, the main obstacle to the proposal may prove to be political; negotiations are already being hindered by pressure from both the US and Russia, with the latter concerned that JF-17 sales on the export market could have an adverse effect on sales of the MiG-29"

What happen to the hype of early news of JF-17 sales to some countries? Zimbawe is suppose to be a strong ally of China and reported order 24 of them. Why no official comfirmation news of it?

How about Azerbajian? Early news claimed they are interested but now nothing comes back.. And Sri Lanka??

For God's Sake, this fighter need to get order by this year or else it will end up like Rafale. By 2012, I don't think anybody will have a positive view of JF-17 if it cannot get any more new user...

What happen to the hype of early news of JF-17 sales to some countries? Zimbawe is suppose to be a strong ally of China and reported order 24 of them. Why no official comfirmation news of it?

How about Azerbajian? Early news claimed they are interested but now nothing comes back.. And Sri Lanka??

For God's Sake, this fighter need to get order by this year or else it will end up like Rafale. By 2012, I don't think anybody will have a positive view of JF-17 if it cannot get any more new user...

It can never end up like Rafale.

Pakistan and China, together invested 1 billion $.

Price per plane 20-25million $.

Rafale, they wasted $16 billion or more, and no orders.

JF-17 already had orders before it even made the first flight.

250 confirmed for PAF, and even if they take the numbers more than that, cost per plane would not come down substantially, for 20 Million dollars for such capable aircraft is very good.

Egypt wants to replace the jets that PAF intends to replace. Seems like Egypt has a better option with JF-17.........

So JF-17 cannot end up in financial troubles like Rafale.

all in good time brother; patience is a virtue :police:

as far as PAF is concerned, a bigger priority is inducting squadrons to meet the 2015 expectation.

not sure about Azerbaijan; they were interested and are still evaluating their options at this point (if im not mistaken). We had a somewhat good chance in Lebanon, however for political reasons they seem to have retreated; they recently received 10 Mig29 at a throw-away price so that was that

eventhough russia has agreed to sell engines to egypt , after the introduction of the chinese engine ,there pressure might have little leverage

i think most countries are waiting to see blk2 jf17

there are not many fighters in its class and price tag--so dont worry

paf will meet its demands first

eventhough russia has agreed to sell engines to egypt , after the introduction of the chinese engine ,there pressure might have little leverage

i think most countries are waiting to see blk2 jf17

there are not many fighters in its class and price tag--so dont worry

paf will meet its demands first

If i am mistaking so PAF initially order 50 JF17blk1 fighter so may be they also wait for blk2 or continue to induct blk1 after first 50

all in good time brother; patience is a virtue :police:

as far as PAF is concerned, a bigger priority is inducting squadrons to meet the 2015 expectation.

not sure about Azerbaijan; they were interested and are still evaluating their options at this point (if im not mistaken). We had a somewhat good chance in Lebanon, however for political reasons they seem to have retreated; they recently received 10 Mig29 at a throw-away price so that was that

Patience is virtue.. Thats what happen to Rafale., Pakistan cannot consider a customer since it is a co-owner too.

If JF-17 cannot get a single customer. In terms of financial failure, it will not end up like French but in terms of image,country to country cooperation and progress. It will be a disaster. More export customer meants it can build up it political/military relation deepen. The addtional order with profit can also used to finance and faster the development of block 2 or better radar/avionics. Just like what happen to F-16.

If Russian offer at cut throat price. China shall follow suit since China is in a better finance position. Russia wouldn't dare to play too much of this cut throat price game as it will bankrupt them first.

It is very important to get export order soon. Any further delay will be disaster. A first export order will increase the prestige and positive view of China and Pakistan aviation.

Rafale in fact is a very good plane and even compatible for carrier ops and almost same price as Euro but when comes to intentional public opinion, it is never as positive as Euro2000. People will come in the blant excuse of Rafale not getting a single export as a source of proof of its failure(No good that's why nobody buy!).

I don't want JF-17 to end up like Rafale. JF-17 is the most wonderful price to performance ratio combat jet available. I hope it will suceed internationally.

If i am mistaking so PAF initially order 50 JF17blk1 fighter so may be they also wait for blk2 or continue to induct blk1 after first 50

as some members have disclosed, blk2 has been formulated and will start production right after first 50 blk1 -- we know composites will be added , even 2 seeters will be present--- dont know about fixed ifr or easa in blk2 at the moment ---- but seeing fuel probes in paf mirages , theres a good chance of introduction in jft blk2 aswell

jf17 participation in the 2 airshows and now the coming anatolian eagle just shows how quickly the integrations are taking place

currently the only real negotiations are between Egypt/China/Pakistan for the JFT but there is a lot of 'political' pressure as you can read below:

"Egypt is also looking to maintain diversity in its combat inventory and is in talks with China and Pakistan to acquire the FC-1/JF-17 multirole fighter and to establish a local production line for the type. Egypt's recent procurement of 120 K-8E Karakorum training aircraft from China - which also included local assembly - supports the possibility of a contract for the FC-1/JF-17. Moreover, such a deal would offer Egypt by far the lowest cost option as it looks to replace its aging Mirage 5, F-4 Phantom, Chengdu F-7 and MiG-21 fleets over the next decade. However, the main obstacle to the proposal may prove to be political; negotiations are already being hindered by pressure from both the US and Russia, with the latter concerned that JF-17 sales on the export market could have an adverse effect on sales of the MiG-29"

I think for Egypt to choose the JF-17 would be a very wise decision when you consider the restrictions they have on their F-16s (No BVR armaments) and that makes them a very defensive force and a clear disadvantage.

Not only this but when we actually break down what needs to be replaced it makes even more sense that this could be a cost effective replacement for their F-4s,J-7,Mirage 5. It could really standardize their air force into F-16s/JF-17s/Mirage 2000s.

as some members have disclosed, blk2 has been formulated and will start production right after first 50 blk1 -- we know composites will be added , even 2 seeters will be present--- dont know about fixed ifr or easa in blk2 at the moment ---- but seeing fuel probes in paf mirages , theres a good chance of introduction in jft blk2 aswell

jf17 participation in the 2 airshows and now the coming anatolian eagle just shows how quickly the integrations are taking place

On PDF some members post that PAF have more than 28-29 JF17 and producing almost 15-18 aircraft per year so i think before Dec 2012 PAF induct almost 50 aircarft but i dnt think BLK2 version will be ready this early ????

On PDF some members post that PAF have more than 28-29 JF17 and producing almost 15-18 aircraft per year so i think before Dec 2012 PAF induct almost 50 aircarft but i dnt think BLK2 version will be ready this early ????

the aim is to produce 30-50 fighters/years ...... this will be achieved once the 2nd complex is running.. at the moment production lines have increased in the existing complex

the blk2 version doesnt need ''innovation time lag'' -- technology from j10b, jxx would be directly used

the aim is to produce 30-50 fighters/years ...... this will be achieved once the 2nd complex is running.. at the moment production lines have increased in the existing complex

the blk2 version doesnt need ''innovation time lag'' -- technology from j10b, jxx would be directly used

SO that my question in past post

Will PAF continue to produce JF17 blk1 after first 50 produced ?????

SO that my question in past post

Will PAF continue to produce JF17 blk1 after first 50 produced ?????

definately not for paf--- maybe for other african countries who want cheeper versions with less costly composites

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom