What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

some countries dont have such high tech requirements--- they are basically flying trainers in light attack mode-- or using mig21s ---- that why we dont know what the final product e respect to demands would be for egypt at the moment

but sending jft to anatolian eagle is a very strong signal to potential costomers

But i think every other country waiting for BLK2

No.. I don't think so. Blk 2 will cost more and make it less unit inducted. If a few crashes due to human error. Then you got shortage again.

Blk 1 is still potent and a massive upgrade from Mig-21, BVR, more agile, longer legged, more hardpoint, higher payload, bigger radar etc....

You still need extensive test before block 2 can be induct for service and this take times.

There are lots of Mirage III, F-5EII and Mig-21 which can't wait anymore due to old airframe and engines and may crash anytime or not hitting operation requirement.

Induct JF-17 fast is the correct choice.

The block II is with better avionics, weapons and other goodies. The first 50 are more to get the plane certified in basics. If the plane is good the improving can start. You will see gradually better more high tech add ons.

To really get the Thunder into Overseas Marketing and in the minds of potential customers THE PROJECT needs JUST one MAJOR BOOST.

That boost is a Order of 250 Thunders From PLAAF the 2nd largest air force in the world.

Until CHINA trusts her own national security with FC1/Thunder deeming it a worthy future fighter I cant see a large order from any major air power.

The other big issue is the J10 or FC20 despite some claims on this forum that this is not possible their is hard evidence from CHINA they are looking to export J10 in the future to close allys and new friends. THE J10 is not and never was exxclusive to PLAAF or PAF.

aT $30M EACH it is a really bang for buck on PAR with F16/52 and Gripen and possible even Typhoon & rafael.

I cant see 100+ order for Thunder at $2 billion BUT I CAN SEE $2 BILLION order for 50 J10 VANGUARD.

Having said that i can see small oRderes for Thunder from the smaller air powers like Sri Lanks Azberbijhan and african states.

I see Eygpt Iran Syria and bigger richer asian nations going to J10 FROM 2015 ONWARDS.

CHINA can change the perception massively in favour of FC1 THUNDER in one swoop

China is looking to get J 20s for their primary bird in less than a decade.

J10B will serve the lower tier.

China has the budget. Other countries do not.

Vedio on J10 EXPORT TO IRAN & SYRIA

Last edited by a moderator:
i AGREE TANLIX

PLAAF will comprise of su27/30 j11 twin engine fighters & j10 f7 has single engine for this decade.

i cant see FC1 fitting in anywhere.

What happen to the hype of early news of JF-17 sales to some countries? Zimbawe is suppose to be a strong ally of China and reported order 24 of them. Why no official comfirmation news of it?

Zimbabwe is under UN sanctions and any arms sales will reflect negatively on both Zimbabwe and whoever is selling. It means a lot of arms purchases will not be publised or denied!! Do not wait for headlines.

Also the headlines from 2004 and the subsequent publications mentioned 12 and not 24.

j10a is on the table for a long time--- j10b will not be offered till 5 years of induction with these 2 airforces

i see jft fitting the needs and bills of many countries-- however the decision might be political rather than technical-- philipines was looking for cheep f16s for a long time

china needs a light fighter to quickly replace the massive number of a5,f8,f7 etc ----- even they couldnt go all out e j10b and jxx so quickly

j10a is on the table for a long time--- j10b will not be offered till 5 years of induction with these 2 airforces

i see jft fitting the needs and bills of many countries-- however the decision might be political rather than technical-- philipines was looking for cheep f16s for a long time

Current version of JF17 need time to be mature .... But dnt think any country will go for JF17 after 2013-14 time frame
And if China AirForce not induct them so i dnt think any one else buy them

Current version of JF17 need time to be mature .... But dnt think any country will go for JF17 after 2013-14 time frame
And if China AirForce not induct them so i dnt think any one else buy them

So true , you really " do not think " - what do you mean by mature , is it a 2 year old kid who still has to grow up ?

Its already operational , in mass production and if it meets the requirements of potential customers it will be sold way before you have "predicted".

So true , you really " do not think " - what do you mean by mature , is it a 2 year old kid who still has to grow up ?

Its already operational , in mass production and if it meets the requirements of potential customers it will be sold way before you have "predicted".

Common yar its a hard known reality
Even PAF want to upgrade their JF17..

And i dnt believe in predictions just talk about reality

Common yar its a hard known reality
Even PAF want to upgrade their JF17..

And i dnt believe in predictions just talk about reality

Current birds belong to No27 "Tactical attack squadron" (If you know what it means) - these birds have replaced A-5 which is a "Ground attack air craft" which directly means is that the "Replacement (JFT) is also a ground attack specific".

Specifications of the air crafts are determined by keeping the role of the squadron the air craft will be used by , which means is that if Air superiority squadrons get these birds they would be in Air to Air configuration. (Common sense)

Upgrades are not quiet upgrades as Block II/III would be a "new variant" not "upgrade for the old air crafts" - so now you can have fun with your maturity theory.

I agree with you. There are planes/projects out there where customers have committed and paid deposits to planes that are still on paper. While the "need to mature" is posted by a lot of people, I believe the airforces don't see that a a major thing. ... ... This is different from the manufacturer having real problems, i.e. failing to meet what they said they would do.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom