What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

So Malaysia expecting 18+18 total , did Sirilanka finalized its 6 aircraft ?? Azeri expecting 18-24 so sales pipeline not including 8-16 additional Myanmar is 36+6+24

Egypt may be in long term and May end up buying including production line if they can finance it and buy min 80 plus or so

Screenshot_20190501-181806_Twitter.jpg

Is this guy credible ?
Appears to be Turkish - based on his Twitter account, but yeah i'm wondering the same.

Azerbaijan has been on the purchasing block for years. They need to either place an order or just move on.

so by my count there are 19 confirmed export sales of jf-17 so far. 16 to burma and 3 to nigeria.
Is this correct or not?
And how many of each order have been delivered?

so by my count there are 19 confirmed export sales of jf-17 so far. 16 to burma and 3 to nigeria.
Is this correct or not?
And how many of each order have been delivered?
Myanmar 6
Nigeria 0

Appears to be Turkish - based on his Twitter account, but yeah i'm wondering the same.

Azerbaijan has been on the purchasing block for years. They need to either place an order or just move on.
Twiiter account has been suspended.

Also Have you thought that budget constraints and or waiting for newer block to arrive might be the reason for lack of orders?

Twiiter account has been suspended.

Also Have you thought that budget constraints and or waiting for newer block to arrive might be the reason for lack of orders?
Yeah, that post is a couple of months old, followed by this one yesterday...
ToT would also require a facility like PAC or TAI in order to produce an Aircraft. I think its safe to say that even if Nigeria were to buy, 70 Aircrafts, they wouldn't be asking for ToT.

Furthermore, I believe some are getting carried away with 'Orders'.

Egypt has some classy aircrafts in their inventory. I'm pretty sure that they aren't interested in Block II. The same goes for Azerbaijan or any other nation (Malaysia) that has shown any sign of interest (of late).

They are all awaiting for Block III (with AESA). It makes perfect sense. If I were the head of the Ministry of Defense, i'd want to see the product first hand & have my people evaluate it, before signing anything.

Farnborough Air Show...next year, may end up being fruitful in terms of Orders.

Azerbaijani media is reporting......

apa-group-logo2.png

Pakistani Ambassador:"We are ready to provide Azerbaijan with JF-17 aircraft of Pakistan production"

12:03 14 August 2019
A-
A+

“Azerbaijan-Pakistan military relations are developing,” the Ambassador of Pakistan to Azerbaijan, Saeed Khan Mohmand, said, APA reports.

The ambassador stated that if Azerbaijan needs military support Pakistan is always ready for it: “Azerbaijan has bought 10 aircraft from Pakistan. We are ready to provide Azerbaijan with JF-17 aircraft of Pakistan production."

Zumrud Pashkin
https://apa.az/en/foreign/ambassado...-planes-made-by-pakistanto-azerbaijan-290535#

Azerbaijani media is reporting......

apa-group-logo2.png

Pakistani Ambassador:"We are ready to provide Azerbaijan with JF-17 aircraft of Pakistan production"

12:03 14 August 2019
A-
A+

“Azerbaijan-Pakistan military relations are developing,” the Ambassador of Pakistan to Azerbaijan, Saeed Khan Mohmand, said, APA reports.

The ambassador stated that if Azerbaijan needs military support Pakistan is always ready for it: “Azerbaijan has bought 10 aircraft from Pakistan. We are ready to provide Azerbaijan with JF-17 aircraft of Pakistan production."

Zumrud Pashkin
https://apa.az/en/foreign/ambassado...-planes-made-by-pakistanto-azerbaijan-290535#
Ambassador means they have bought 10 aircrafts and Pakistan is willing (not sold) to sell them Jf17

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom