What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

what if malaysian choose jf-17 thunder and ask to replace RD-93 engines.
what are alternative engines options for Pakistan
I highly doubt RMAF would want to change the engine RD-93 engine is very similar to RD-33 used on Mig-29 which RMAF inducted before. Maintenance shall be easier for them if sticking with RD-93 engine rather than others.

Any chance Malaysia will sign the deal? hearing some positive chatter.

Yes but JF-17 is better and cheaper offer than what India or Korea is offering.

To admit I do not want to start a new thread, but if this is the case and especially after the latest success, why then this??

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/24508/Pakistani_JF_17_not_to_Participate_in_LIMA_2019#.XJSHRmdYbcu

The Chinese-Pakistani JF-17 fighter jet, in contention of Malaysia’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) project along with India’s Tejas will not be participating in the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) to be held in Malaysia next week.

According to the official list of participating aircraft released by the organizers, the JF-17 will not be present in the static and flying displays. The Tejas, however is listed in the flying display along with the Russian YAK-130, another Malaysian LCA project contender.

The absence of the Pakistani aircraft, thought a key contender for the Malaysian LCA procurement, has surprised LIMA watchers. The Malaysian air force chief, Affendi Buang, who had visited the IDEAS show in Karachi in November had extended an invitation to the Pakistani air force to demonstrate its aircraft at LIMA.

However, a Malaysian source told defenseworld.net that the reason for the Pakistani no show could be that the aircraft is expected to be demonstrated on the occasion of the Pakistani National Day on March 23 where the Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammed is the chief guest.

To admit the last sentence - participation on the Pakistani National Day on March 23 - is a lame excuse. If they want to export it, it is surely doable to participate at LIMA and the Pakistani National Day.

To admit I do not want to start a new thread, but if this is the case and especially after the latest success, why then this??

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/24508/Pakistani_JF_17_not_to_Participate_in_LIMA_2019#.XJSHRmdYbcu

I can give you an argument to why JF-17 is not participating but it would be bias of me to do so. Malaysia is considering JF-17 on first priority. Misinforming Media campaigns are usual is Fighter jet industry as it involves a lot of money. In my small life I have seen many media campaigns and misinformation.

Last edited:
Chances are slim. Malaysia PM not a big fan of China.
Neither he is big fan of USA. While Russian hardware disappoint him. Given he is highly anti semitic. He would rather trust the Chinese than Jews.

Chances are slim. Malaysia PM not a big fan of China.
Chances are slim..because she wont buy any aircraft ..no urgent threat.

malaysia isnt the fan of Chinese funded Chinese worked projects as he is concerned of debt traps.

5c964f6e6c8c1.jpg

5c964f2a523c3.jpg

5c964f75ced75.jpg

I highly doubt RMAF would want to change the engine RD-93 engine is very similar to RD-33 used on Mig-29 which RMAF inducted before. Maintenance shall be easier for them if sticking with RD-93 engine rather than others.
but Malaysian want to replace mig-29 just because of maintenance issue with Russian hardware. their maintenance cost is higher than western aircrafts.
Pakistan need an alternative engine for better marketing

but Malaysian want to replace mig-29 just because of maintenance issue with Russian hardware. their maintenance cost is higher than western aircrafts.
Pakistan need an alternative engine for better marketing
Hi my friend just a thought Pakistan should offer jf17 for mig29 part exchange as Pakistan is already using Russian engine so shouldn’t be a overhaul problems afaik if Russians are ready
To let go this exchange and let Pakistan have Chinese electronics and radars to be used
Just a thought
Thank you

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom