What's new

Erdogan is more popular in Pakistan than Turkey

To be honest the Turks should stop meddling in Chinese affairs. Xinjiang is a Chinese province and Pakistan's gateway to China.

If "East Turkestan" becomes a reality(.0001% possibility) we loose our only chord to China and so its bye-bye to Gawadar and CPEC. Any outside interference there is a strategic threat to Pakistan also.

We decimated the Indians on the 27th with Chinese weapon systems. Today IK inaugrated the Gawadar Airport which will be built in large part due to a Chinese grant. There is no doubt what is our most important foreign relationship.

This attitude won't be forgotten by Turks against the ''Islamic'' Republic of Pakistan for sure.

Btw, thank you for making some unconditional Pakistan supporter ''Turks'' look like ... and the true color ''Islamic'' Pakistanis in reality ...

The Symptom on why Erdogan is popular I would say is the post-colonial stress Pakistanis have endured since independence from Britain in 1947 except for Quaid-E-Azam Jinnah or the founding ilk of the nation the country never had a leader that could unite in one base, Ayub Khan tried putting a nationalist vison in the 1960s but failed because of the differing political bases in the country, as a result of lack of good leaders and politicians to the clerics playing politics in very polirized tone Pakistani people look to leaders people abroad to see how they succeed, its not new my father who is 71 years old laughs when he sees Pakistanis under the age of 60 praise Erdogan,Turkey or some other foreign country as a fad that will die off because he is seen this cult like worship of past foreign leaders, for example I think @Indus Pakistan would agree with me on this , in the 60s JFK was very popular in Pakistan in fact I heard my dad told me when he was killed much of the country felt sadden at his death or the fact his wife Jaqualine flew with PIA and visited Pakistan also this is was at the height of "American-Pakistani" friendship which since 1965 onwards has gone to meerly a transactional relationship to a un easy one these days, in the 1970s all the love was going to Arab leaders like Yasser Arafat, Gaddafi, King Faisal of Saudi Arabia and the eurphoria of Pakistan hosting the OIC summit in 1974 as well it got to the point where they named a Cricket stadium in Lahore to Gaddafi and a industrial city being renamed Faisalabad, in the 80s I think this continued on well into the 90s and 2000s so beacause of that you see this *** kissing of foreign leaders since then which I see mainly in the middle aged folk the younger folk are more towards Imran Khan sure they make like some aspects of Erdogan but not all of it I think we are moving away from foreign asskising in slow terms which is good.

Its actually more complicated than that real Islamists in Turkey think Erdogan is a joke and they have another political party which is a fringe its more secular and big tank the AKP Erdogan party but its courupt and self serving which will bite its *** once its voter base dies off

I would like to but I think a regional block is the close thing we can do we just need to tone the Iranians down so we can make the ECO stronger

I agree with this OP 10000 percent Erdogan is not some deity he is not the next caliph he wont bring back the Ottoman Empire all he will do is make Turkey more viable good or bad mostly bad now and in the end I see he wont last long the younger folks in Turkey are more secular and nationalist than ever before he wont last once they become the voting block of the nation, Pakistanis must give up this asskissing to foreign leaders and create our new leadership and put trust in our own institutions

Dude Antalya is more touristy than Istanbul more tourists go there to enjoy the beech lots of Russians and post Soviet folk go down there its Miami of Turkey lol, cant get more cosmopolitan than that if you want more traditional Turkey @Nein would probably agree the Eastern flank or Black sea coast is more like that

Again Pakistani asskissing of foreign leaders is cringey at best, Erdogan if he were to swim in Pakistan you would have the cleric class blast him as a liberal hell bent on destroying the country lol

TRT and Turkish Soaps play a major part in the image build up.

Anyways I would like more Turkish-Pakistani corporation in getting the religious education system in Pakistan streamlined. This is where Turkey can offer a lot to Pakistan.

Hi,

Pakistanis in general loves and cherishes anything from Turkey---.

Turkey was our hope for freedom & glory when the times were tough on muslims of the sub-continent---. Our ancestors looked up to Turkey as the saviours of the faith---.
Surely... as only Turk and somewhat Iranian were good economically, powerful and independent... so we all the muslim world was colonised upto east indies from algeria, Turk Khilfat was our hope..

Erdogan is taking turkey away from secularism. Turkey is losing many friends. I fear it will lose U.S.A and NATO too. Turkey has become colony of erdogan. Dictatorship & Islamic rule is already imposed.
No freedom of speech. They will throw you in prison just for opposing erdogan

@Nein @Islamic faith&Secularism another Turkish prof I see even with Erdogan and the AKP the support of secularism and Kemal Ataturk reforms is high still lol

Dude Antalya is more touristy than Istanbul more tourists go there to enjoy the beech lots of Russians and post Soviet folk go down there its Miami of Turkey lol, cant get more cosmopolitan than that if you want more traditional Turkey

Actually I have never been to Antalya only landed there but visit Alanya and other areas in the path, same belt though.

Also, I rarely see Pakistanis there, the ones I see are British Pakistanis as we get direct flights there.

Also, I go to resorts that are halal, these have NO foreign tourists as they are muslim focused, no alcohol etc. You would be surprised but almost every turkish women there would wear a hijab and you get a feel of the islamic side of turkey which is still in tact. Also, these resorts are focued at their local population so you get to meet alot more turks hanging out with you.

I found out Turks read MarfulQuran by Mufti Muhammad Shafih. I had a Turk tell me about Maulana Mohamad Ali Johar. Many experiences mate that were interesting.

I have in the past been to a non-halal resort and it felt like I was in Europe and I didn't even get the authentic turkish experience as we were soo away from population. That is the Antalya you are talking about.

This attitude won't be forgotten by Turks against the ''Islamic'' Republic of Pakistan for sure.

Btw, thank you for making some unconditional Pakistan supporter ''Turks'' look like ... and the true color ''Islamic'' Pakistanis in reality ...

Pakistan till today continues to be the only country to not recognise Armenia.

Pakistan is one of the few countries that recognises the Turkish-Cypriot region and fully supported the Turkish action.

Pakistan recognised Kosovo on a Turkish request despite its recognition being against our basic foreign policy of not supporting foreign sponsored re-drawn borders.

Learn history and spare me your lectures.

TRT and Turkish Soaps play a major part in the image build up.

Anyways I would like more Turkish-Pakistani corporation in getting the religious education system in Pakistan streamlined. This is where Turkey can offer a lot to Pakistan.

True ever since the Turkish soaps been beaming into Pakistani TV screens since the early 2010s the image of Turkey has expanded to the average citizen I think we can learn from the Turks on how to manage the religious education system and how DIYANET manages the mosques

Actually I have never been to Antalya only landed there but visit Alanya and other areas in the path, same belt though.

Also, I rarely see Pakistanis there, the ones I see are British Pakistanis as we get direct flights there.

Also, I go to resorts that are halal, these have NO foreign tourists as they are muslim focused, no alcohol etc. You would be surprised but almost every turkish women there would wear a hijab and you get a feel of the islamic side of turkey which is still in tact. Also, these resorts are focued at their local population so you get to meet alot more turks hanging out with you.

I found out Turks read MarfulQuran by Mufti Muhammad Shafih. I had a Turk tell me about Maulana Mohamad Ali Johar. Many experiences mate that were interesting.

I have in the past been to a non-halal resort and it felt like I was in Europe and I didn't even get the authentic turkish experience as we were soo away from population. That is the Antalya you are talking about.

Those Turks arent locals in the area they most likely come from the more Eastern parts of the country the Western part is more secular and nationalist

I acknowledge and accept that China helped, is helping and will continue to help. Thank you. But as a good friends should you place us in a difficult position by forcing us to choose between you and the Turks? I don't think a good friend should do that.
That's not Chinese official stance. It is his own opinion and we can leave at that. Chinese govt knows about Pak-Turk relations and is totally okay with it even if some random individual is not. The state level relations are different and pretty formal despite all friendships. PNS is getting upgrades from STM for its subs while buying S39s and type-54a and Type 22 frigates from China while PA prefers T-129 after testing both Z10 and T-129 and there is no issue.. Similarly we worked together on JF17 thunder and will continue to work on the next gen A/C as well and it will have some inputs of from TFX and ASELSAN and TAI as well along with CATIC so Chinese govt consists of very intelligent people.

Thank You for you being honest.
Well, sometimes it is just barter trade... TuAF gave us T-35s and we gave them SuperMashaq.. And in defence industry, sometimes money is not everything.

Pakistan till today continues to be the only country to not recognise Armenia.

Pakistan is one of the few countries that recognises the Turkish-Cypriot region and fully supported the Turkish action.

Pakistan recognised Kosovo on a Turkish request despite its recognition being against our basic foreign policy of not supporting foreign sponsored re-drawn borders.

Learn history and spare me your lectures.

Meantime you support the De-Islamization and Identification by ''Kuffar'' China against muslim Turks in East Turkestan.

I am just happy that you wake up some unconditional Pakistan supporter ''Turks'' and show the true color to some ''Islamic'' Pakistanis in reality, therefore thanked you, no offence, please keep it up( i mean it, please keep it up).

To be honest the Turks should stop meddling in Chinese affairs. Xinjiang is a Chinese province and Pakistan's gateway to China.

If "East Turkestan" becomes a reality(.0001% possibility) we loose our only chord to China and so its bye-bye to Gawadar and CPEC. Any outside interference there is a strategic threat to Pakistan also.

We decimated the Indians on the 27th with Chinese weapon systems. Today IK inaugrated the Gawadar Airport which will be built in large part due to a Chinese grant. There is no doubt what is our most important foreign relationship.

I agree this "piss off" contest between China and Turkey over Xinjiang is retarded we dont need that in our extremely sensative part of the world however I am not gonna push the Turks to change their stance on that its their foreign policy and politics but for our countrymen who act way too emotional we need to focus on "PAKISTAN FIRST" ONLY

True ever since the Turkish soaps been beaming into Pakistani TV screens since the early 2010s the image of Turkey has expanded to the average citizen I think we can learn from the Turks on how to manage the religious education system and how DIYANET manages the mosques

Those Turks arent locals in the area they most likely come from the more Eastern parts of the country the Western part is more secular and nationalist
Yes I meant Local Turkish Population from Turkey and not foreign tourist like Russians etc.

I agree this "piss off" contest between China and Turkey over Xinjiang is retarded we dont need that in our extremely sensative part of the world however I am not gonna push the Turks to change their stance on that its their foreign policy and politics but for our countrymen who act way too emotional we need to focus on "PAKISTAN FIRST" ONLY

Absolutely it is up to the Turks to do what is best for their country and people. Pakistan has a "One China" policy.

We can agree to disagree on some matters, nothing earth shattering.

Back
Top Bottom