What's new

Erdogan is more popular in Pakistan than Turkey

Not so much in Istanbul, I was there and did not see any special treatment (not that I was expecting), infact got in to beef with someone, and once got ripped off at a restaurant.

have you noticed that some members have a completely warped world view of countries?

Because he is the only one who stood by us last month when all our so-called brothers went silent.

I have been to Turkey twice and intend to go every year. The way I am treated everywhere I go over there is unbelievable just because I am from Pakistan.

Long live Turkey :smitten:
What are you talking about, there were 3 other countries standing besides Turkey. Call GHQ.

Not so much in Istanbul, I was there and did not see any special treatment (not that I was expecting), infact got in to beef with someone, and once got ripped off at a restaurant.

Yes Istanbul is cosmopolitan.

I usually go down south, Antalya area. Maybe less Pakistanis visit there so the treatment is different.

What are you talking about, there were 3 other countries standing besides Turkey. Call GHQ.

who? I meant openly support us...

If you don't know by now, best to leave it at that.

Bhai, open support? Behind the scenes it was Russia that gave Turkey intelligence of the 27th attack, what I have heard.

Also, China is always overtly behind us. Don't know who the third country was but it would be nice to share if you know something I don't. Whole point of this forum is to increase awareness.

No, if three votes supported Pakistan then it won't be in the grey-list. KSA at that time was lured by USA.. so only China & Turkey were left. But 2 votes were useless so even China voted against Pakistan and only Turkey stood its ground. That's what we know..Though I think if such vote happens again today, KSA will surely support Pakistan but at that time, it didn't as far as I know.

Last edited:
Because he is the only one who stood by us last month when all our so-called brothers went silent.

I have been to Turkey twice and intend to go every year. The way I am treated everywhere I go over there is unbelievable just because I am from Pakistan.

Long live Turkey :smitten:
How did he stood by Pakistan during last month? By doing lip service? May I know what turkish weapon used by Turkish to win decisively against India? Nothing.. No a single turkish troops engaged.

Its easy to put on a showmanship but when comes to real action is another thing.

No, if three votes supported Pakistan then it won't be in the grey-list. KSA at that was lured by USA.. so only China & Turkey were left. But 2 votes were useless so even China voted against Pakistan and only Turkey stood it's ground. That's what we know..Though I think if such vote happens again today, KSA will surely support Pakistan but at that time, it didn't as far as I know.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/erdo...istan-than-turkey.610839/page-2#post-11323849

Bhai, open support? Behind the scenes it was Russia that gave Turkey intelligence of the 27th attack, what I have heard.

Also, China is always overtly behind us. Don't know who the third country was but it would be nice to share if you know something I don't. Whole point of this forum is to increase awareness.
KSA also stood by Pakistan in this crisis but not that overtly. The most overt support came from Turkey first and when things were getting out of hands, then China flipped into overt mode as well but before that China was trying to play a mediator between Pak-India to diffuse the tension but still it was providing all the military support to Pakistan and KSA assured us of oil and financial support in case of a war.. But China is a different class altogether because it is the only permanent UNSC member who supports us in all situations and our interests are tied together ..for all the foreseeable future...

you dont know turkey... it can be flipped at any moment for favour.... potentially a very serious and dangerous ally to be used against pakistans enemies.

unlike china who is indifferent, only interesting in its own programme.
China is predictable becos we dont flip words and standby our friends. PL-15 missile are shipped to PAF after the engagement of 27 Feb to boast their capabilities and we dont openly boast it like some country who has no contribution besides lip service.

Its easy to talk big but no concrete action taken.

It's Turkey in general not Erdogan alone.
True. It's more of vote on Turkey then the person of Erdogan as most Paks are not really upto speed with Turkish politics. Erdogan is the face that represents Turkey to most Paks.

secularitst vs islamists
You know what is cold to me might be not cold to you. What is too sweet to me might be acceptable to you. So it is with Turkish 'Secular vs Islamists'. Their Islamists would be described as westoxified coconuts in Pakistan. By Pakistan standards I would be called a westoxified liberal scum but in Turkey they would call be a radical Islamists.

For instance most Turkish AKP supporters who vote for Erdogan do not want a Islamic republic and neither do they want Sharia law. Most support cooperation with Europe and membership of NATO. Most support gay rights etc.

Back
Top Bottom