What's new

Enlist Pakistan as state sponsor of terrorism: US Congress committee

That bluff can be easily called off as and when there is chahabahar option for US to use.

it will be death of empire that Mullah of Iran build in 40 years by shouting death to USA :)

I would love to see this motions passed as it might be the final kick in the sack that Pakistanis need to wake up:lol:. It is hilarious that they actually invited khalilzad for Pakistani point of view :rofl:. The Cherry on top was that Ted poe was actually heading the committee :rofl::rofl:. I seriously couldn't stop laughing when i saw the line up.

Words don't mean much. Let them bring it on.
Yes exactly,thats why i said to compare how much has changed in the last 10 to 15 yrs,and if you look at the export numbers to US and EU,you will know whats at stake.

only option for Pakistan is to change its attitude on proxies.

I would love to see this motions passed as it might be the final kick in the sack that Pakistanis need to wake up:lol:. It is hilarious that they actually invited khalilzad for Pakistani point of view :rofl:. The Cherry on top was that Ted poe was actually heading the committee :rofl::rofl:. I seriously couldn't stop laughing when i saw the line up.

Like a badly staged protest. They have been doing it now for so long now. It has become a joke. Every time something irks they decide to setup a panel of anti-Pakistan actors at their congress.

"Same with the Sindhis. Same with other groups in Pakistan. So we got a regime that murders and represses and is corrupt with their own people and yet we still continue to give them some type of support... absolutely absurd," Rohrabacher said during the Congressional hearing.

http://nation.com.pk/international/...te-sponsor-of-terrorism-us-congress-committee

Looks like someone finally heard plight of zardari as well. What do you know Mccain actually came through for that sly SOB :lol:

Yes exactly,thats why i said to compare how much has changed in the last 10 to 15 yrs,and if you look at the export numbers to US and EU,you will know whats at stake.

only option for Pakistan is to change its attitude on proxies.

So what are they waiting for? Why waste so much time and effort? Why not just apply the sanctions and cut the aid already? What is the difficulty?

That's perfectly fine. Just tell the Americans not to dictate to do more because that right is lost once you place sanctions and declare open enmity.

Dont worry about "do more".
Once the sanctions are placed "do more " will be directed to the rest of the world for doing more on the sanctions on pakistan to make it even more impactful.

Once the sanctions are placed "do more " will be directed to the rest of the world for doing more on the sanctions on pakistan to make it even more impactful.

Once... Once, in a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Stop wasting our time with fairy tales. i've been hearing about this sanctions threat ever since I opened my eyes.

Like a badly staged protest. They have been doing it now for so long now. It has become a joke. Every time something irks they decide to setup a panel of anti-Pakistan actors at their congress.

Well they already ran out of things they wanted to Block in terms of FMS. Our Vipers might also not be coming as things are going.

Uncle Sam is just throwing temper tantrum bcz we took away his favourite toy :rofl:

Still you seek AID and subsidized f-16s from terrorist regime of US who has slaughtered innocents. From Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran , Pakistan, Sudan , Palestine, millions upon millions have suffered at the hands of same terrorist regime.

Either you are Hypocrites of top most quality or fools who dont know what you are speaking and what you are actually doing .............................

LOL at American talking about slaughtering innocents. From Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran , Pakistan, Sudan , Palestine, millions upon millions have suffered at the hands of this terrorist regime and yet they do not even blink when handing out lectures to others. Mr. Senator, you need a bamboo up your 'you know where'.

Still you seek AID and subsidized f-16s from terrorist regime of US who has slaughtered innocents. From Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran , Pakistan, Sudan , Palestine, millions upon millions have suffered at the hands of same terrorist regime.

Either you are Hypocrites of top most quality or fools who dont know what you are speaking and what you are actually doing .............................

Who says we seek? They give. No one can force anyone to give. It is theirs. Or, are you now going to tell us like Khalilzad that we possess some magical power to manipulate the Americans and convince them to give us their money and F-16s?

Why is it taking this long for the US Congress to reach the obvious conclusion about Pakistani terror nexus?

You're wrong because right now the US is exactly behaving like India's problems are US problems. That's not entirely a surprise though. India is steering Pakistan policy in Washington. The US doesn't have its own independent Pakistan policy. The Americans are behaving in a knee-jerk fashion because they thought they could isolate and blackmail Pakistan into submission. Such tactics just haven't worked. Also, what they couldn't entirely calculate is China's influence, the mess in Afghanistan and Pakistan's role in the entire scenario. Frankly, they have never been able to figure it out because their own policies are conflicting and unclear. They are always reluctant. The Americans always dangle with the stick, but cannot use it to beat Pakistan. The last time they tried doing that, Pakistan achieved certain things that the Americans regret till this day.

US is also behaving like Vietnam and Philippines problem are its own problem. The reason it is doing so is because it get very high retuns for relatively low cost by doing so, not because its core interests are involved there. US does not lose anything if China captures all Islands in SCS (instead it would be great PR coup for USA).

In contrast, elections would be lost in USA over dead soldiers, so as long as USA had significant presence in Afghanistan, Pakistan had a leverage which it do not have today.

The reason why USA is baying for pak blood is because:

1. Pakistan is in China's camp and USA is getting serious about undercutting China.

2. USA's dependence on Pakistan has reduced to zero after withdrawal of bulk of US forces.

3. (main point) USA relation with Iran are improving rapidly. Iran is 10 times valuable as an strategic ally to USA as it influence CAR, could contain Russia and keep Arabs under pressure at same time.

4. Pakistan has been unable to deliver upon its promise to bring Taliban on table ,either due to lack of will and competence; but most importantly (a point which lot of stupid Pakistani posters so blatantly miss) Pakistan was unable to do so after PROMISING USA that it would do so. This project serious weakness as it gives a message that (a) Pakistan does not control Taliban OR (b) is playing double games with USA's establishment. This get Pakistan classified as useless or treacherous or both; both labels are equally harmful for Pakistan.

5. Elections are coming and Muslims ,today, are generally hated in west + Osama was found hiding next to your military academy, so there is a lot of popular public anger against Pakistan.

6.. India as a partner offer much juicer opportunities to USA. You people talk about access to CAR. I do not understand how come access to such a shith0le would matter. Indian economy is 9 times bigger than that of CAR combined (nearly 20 times on PPP basis). Instead Indian economy is bigger than that of CAR, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iraq's economy combined, which in conjugation with India's ability to check China's influence means that an alliance with India has more strength than alliance with half of Asia. Even ,purest of Muslims -Arabs- are cosying up to India because of that.

Do you know that Qatar requested us to set up a Naval base in Qatar during last (Manmohan singhs') govt!!:cheesy: Though India refused as India do not want to place its dick in middle eastern woodchipper, there exist a security pact between India and Qatar under which India would send its Navy/Army to Qatar's aid ,when it need assistance (naturally we won't interfere in Iran-Qatar war or in US-Qatar war, but would happily put down rebellion against Qatar's emir).

In return Qatar will sell us cheap LNG. We recently renegotiated an already concluded agreement with Qatar which reduced price of LNG to less than half of what we were paying before (savings worth a billion $ each year).

Last edited:

You know funny thing about impact of sanctions is that it is useful when someone actually has any sorts of exports :rofl:. Pakistan as of now has no measurable exports to speak off so go ahead we are an agri based nation so we can survive for decades without American Iphones. You might want to consider impact of sanction on Pakistan with it impact on US and Afghanistan. Have you ever seen a bull that is finally off the leash in a crowd of thousands. Considering the horns of this bull we will make Afghanistan their living nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom