What's new

Enlist Pakistan as state sponsor of terrorism: US Congress committee

I live in Canada, but I have family in the US. They didn't even know about this little meeting.

Apparently, most of the media is barely covering it. In fact, looking at cnn's and foxnews' website front pages, there is no mention of this at all. The only mention of Pakistan is about the death of the terrorist behind the aps attack, which is on foxnews' website.
I wanted to ask any Anerican about this but could find one so asked you.
One more, any chance Mr. Trump cash this hearing for his purpose ???
Thanks for reply

I wanted to ask any Anerican about this but could find one so asked you.
One more, any chance Mr. Trump cash this hearing for his purpose ???
Thanks for reply
I doubt Trump will even hear about this, considering US media isn't even covering it, meaning no one deems it important enough. Actually, Hillary may pick up on this, as she has said she wants to continue pressuring Pakistan to take some vague actions she and Obama have never been clear about; though, I doubt even Hillary will care.

The chances of this meeting actually affecting bilateral relations is actually quite low. Relations are finally stable, and neither side wants to see them go down. Even with Mansoor's death, the US side emphasized cooperation, and kept quiet about the strike itself, so as not to embarrass Pakistan further.

I doubt Trump will even hear about this, considering US media isn't even covering it, meaning no one deems it important enough. Actually, Hillary may pick up on this, as she has said she wants to continue pressuring Pakistan to take some vague actions she and Obama have never been clear about; though, I doubt even Hillary will care.

The chances of this meeting actually affecting bilateral relations is actually quite low. Relations are finally stable, and neither side wants to see them go down. Even with Mansoor's death, the US side emphasized cooperation, and kept quiet about the strike itself, so as not to embarrass Pakistan further.
Hillary ???? She is a know for her "opinions" about India. I don't think she will.
I thought it would be Trump who was pushing aggressively against Muslims in general. Now he has a chance to say "told you so". But I agree election campaign and actul diplomacy don't go together. And USA still need Pak

Asked why the US continued with its same policy, Khalilzad said that Pakistani ability to manipulate by their actions in part had been a factor.

So, this Afghan moron Khalilzad is basically saying that Pakistan has special magical powers of fooling and manipulating the world's superpower for decades? Just wow at the argument.

Pakistani ruling elites have been fooling and Manipulating their own citizens time and again, since country's inception (~70 years now), they surely have the capability to do so with US.....My take.

Pakistani ruling elites have been fooling and Manipulating their own citizens time and again, since country's inception (~70 years now), they surely have the capability to do so with US.....My take.

Well, that's a very lame excuse. Just because the Pakistani masses love to be fooled time and time again by their own politicians you cannot possibly suggest that the "foolish" Americans are in the same boat. I don't think so. The Americans know fully well what their own dubious role is. They know what to expect from the other side. If Pakistan has been "fooling" them, so have the Americans been doing the same. It is a two way street. The Americans aren't toddlers.

Last edited:
Hillary ???? She is a know for her "opinions" about India. I don't think she will.
I thought it would be Trump who was pushing aggressively against Muslims in general. Now he has a chance to say "told you so". But I agree election campaign and actul diplomacy don't go together. And USA still need Pak
Trump has, unsurprisingly, been backing off from his more hardcore statements, because he knows that they're stupid. He says them, because that is what his voter base wants to hear.

Hillary may not be liked by Indians, but she has said that she will continue Obama's India policy. so India can breath a sigh of relief.

Sure, but so have most nation's leaderships and governments. Why single out Pakistan for something that is pretty wide spread?

It seems that Pakistani media seems to be the main group covering this. US media seems to have no interest, neither does Canadian media.

LOL That's the funny thing. You won't hear about this little event on any other reputable world media including major US media outlets. Since, it is about maligning Pakistan, the Pakistani media is bound to cover this hateful "conference" to inform their people. Other than that, it has no significance.

This anti-Pakistan conference organized by the same handful of people on a yearly basis has become a boring repetitive whining contest. Each year the same people gather to spew the same accusations. It is like a broken record. Each year hardly anyone pays any attention to these accusations. The US government continues to provide military and economic aid to Pakistan. These hateful people aren't taken seriously by their own government.

Last edited:
Trump has, unsurprisingly, been backing off from his more hardcore statements, because he knows that they're stupid. He says them, because that is what his voter base wants to hear.

Hillary may not be liked by Indians, but she has said that she will continue Obama's India policy. so India can breath a sigh of relief.
?
For First time Indians don't have a fav in US race.
We hate Hillery and we don't know what trump is !!!!!!
So no liking here.
Let's see what USA choose for them

For First time Indians don't have a fav in US race.
We hate Hillery and we don't know what trump is !!!!!!
So no liking here.
Let's see what USA choose for them
Fair enough. Right now, Americans are really mad about the choice they have to make, they don't like either candidate. In fact, the current pair (hillary and trump) are probably the most disliked candidates in US history.

This shows Indians cannot be trusted they have been trying day 1 since Pakistan came into existence, to declare Pakistan as terrorist state, sorry but times have changed it would be foolish from USA to declare Pakistan as terrorist state since they would lose all leverage. Cpec is already in full swing with many mega projects taking place.

This is my first post in the forum so please, no offences. :-)

Why do you drag India in anything and everything happening against Pakistan ?? Isn't it true that Pakistan also try to do the same level of lobbying against India ( remember NSG membership incident ) then what do you expect in return ??

Isn't true that almost all top leadership of al-qaeda or Taliban are either fished out or eliminated from the soil of Pakistan, then how can you guy's be so naive ??

Moreover why are you guy's always getting carried away while you talk about CEPC, it's just a USD 40+ billion project and another on of it's kind. There are lot many projects and investments happening around the world that count in Trillions ( For eg: India's "Make in India" alone fetched around USD 60+ billion in 2015 alone. :).

No one especially the USA will ever damn think about CPEC I suppose. LOL

Welcome to the forum.

Why do you drag India in anything and everything happening against Pakistan ?? Isn't it true that Pakistan also try to do the same level of lobbying against India ( remember NSG membership incident ) then what do you expect in return ??

Indian membership if NSG would close the door for Pakistan forever. We lobbied to protect our interests and our stance was on merit. India does not deserves the seat because it does not meet the criteria (just as Pakistan). Either you award membership to both or none. Exceptions to principle is not the right thing.

Isn't true that almost all top leadership of al-qaeda or Taliban are either fished out or eliminated from the soil of Pakistan, then how can you guy's be so naive ??

Hunted and killed almost entirely by Pakistani agencies. No nation has mauled Al-Qaeda harder than Pakistan. You need to read views of OBL about Pakistan military, released and available online by US agencies. In OBL views, there was no worst enemy of his organisation than Pakistan. He hated Pakistan military with vengeance. We brought down his empire of terrorism.

Let's not forget, Afghanistan is the original home of Al-Qaeda. If it weren't for US invasion, they would stay there.

There is no evidence that Pakistan was sheltering OBL. If you have it, please share with us. Why would OBL hate the people sheltering him? He was missed by our intelligence agencies just like 9/11 and Paris attackers were missed by respective agencies. Not our best performance but such things happen.

Moreover why are you guy's always getting carried away while you talk about CEPC, it's just a USD 40+ billion project and another on of it's kind. There are lot many projects and investments happening around the world that count in Trillions ( For eg: India's "Make in India" alone fetched around USD 60+ billion in 2015 alone. :).

Good for India. CPEC is nothing more than a port and connecting infrastructure. But it has the potential to drive economic growth if we get it right. It is the largest project running in Pakistan right now and we have reason to celebrate it. Do you think Pakistanis will celebrate 'make in india'? Or indians will celebrate CPEC?

No one especially the USA will ever damn think about CPEC I suppose.

US has good reasons to be wary of CPEC. It connects Pakistan to China at a whole new level. It brings China smack at the mouth of Gulf region. It sees Pakistan slipping out of her hands and into Chinese. Presence of Chinese on the only viable supply route of US forces in Afghanistan should not be cause of concern for US? Loosing influence over only muslim nuclear power of the world should not be of concern to US?

LOL

"My experience in dealing with Pakistan is that they will only give you something, when they know that they are going to get something," the former top American diplomat said.
Well Doh! that's how things work. You are not talking about your Boyfriend here, its a sovereign state who looks after its own national interest and will only work to further them. So no need to be sentimental about it.

"People of Baluchistan are being slaughtered by this corrupt oppressive regime. People of Baluchistan should understand that the US is on their side for their independence and self-determination from a corrupt, viscous terrorist supporting regime," Rohrabacher said.

"Same with the Sindhis. Same with other groups in Pakistan. So we got a regime that murders and represses and is corrupt with their own people and yet we still continue to give them some type of support... absolutely absurd," Rohrabacher said during the Congressional hearing.
You know nothing Rohrabacher, or perhaps you do and just ignoring some basic facts. Sindhis seriously? This has not been an issue for more than 3 decades now. And while you are at the subject of slaughtered civilians and you are such an expert on the region, any thoughts on the current Kashmir crisis? Hypocrites.

Usually I'm not one for too much jingoism but all this talk of Pakistan lately shows our enemies must be worried. Look how the Indians and Afghans are huffing and puffing about us so much lately- for all the propaganda and malevolent policies to Pakistan they won the battle but lost the war. Remember what has happened in last few years and do you remember how bad Pakistan was in 2008 or so ?
Cut to 2016 -We have had massive security and stability improvement-Their NSG bid failed and lately are feeling pressure in Kashmir and their attempts to isolate Pakistan and have it declared a rogue state have fallen flat time after time. Our anti-terror operations have been a huge success and our most dangerous enemies like TTP have pretty much been annihilated with major anti-Pak assets like Baitullah Mehsud and Umar Naray who did most devastating attacks against Pakistan state are dead.
The Pakistan army has finally asserted itself taking control of our frontier areas by fencing and gating it and reinforcing Durand line. Giving the middle finger to Afghanistan and a little border spanking in the process and starting to control movement this will severely hamper their anti-Pak activities. CPEC and Gwadar will bring economic development and integrate our most underdeveloped province more with the rest of Pakistan. All these things combined have probably caused them a serious case of butthurt so they are throwing a fit lol. Meanwhile relations that were previously frosty like Iran and Russia are getting warmer by the day.

In that sense, an employee (Pakistan) should not criticize its employer (USA).

Yeah...I don't think you have any work experience.

services which they never rendered and in fact create more jihadi orgs to bilk us of even more billing. which is what the headline is you hothead.

You seem to have confused your asinine opinions as facts.

Back
Top Bottom