What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Ghostkiller
The problem is there is a lot of OPSEC with EDGE products unfortunately so we don’t see them all in action a lot. :(

Imo tho EAF could arm the Mirages with Saber cruise missiles from EDGE as well.

“but as an additional capability targeted for integration on the UAE’s Dassault Mirage 2000s.”

See how many cruise missiles were used in a Russian-Ukr war and I think you can tell that many are needed.

Very stealthy airframe and will have a terrain matching camera and IR camera.

View attachment 888768
I can Egypt ordering hundreds of those missile to compensate the number of SCALP missiles (if their numbers are low). Sa7 ya @Gomig-21. And you don't know maybe we will have some ToT with it. I hope really that UAE can upgrade more the range ya3ni to make it like 600 or even 1000km like the Turkish SOM series, Popeye Israel, Calibr Russia and Tomahawk USA.

Supposedly @Ghostkiller the range is 290km but that is the MTCR range. The real range is about 500km if you multiply .8 Mach by 30 minutes which is the endurance.

I do think that UAE will resell the Mirages soon tbh and I would rather Egypt get them then Greece.

That would give EAF a much larger fleet and allow the MIGs and Rafales the A2A role while giving the main ground attack and stand-off role to the F-16s and Mirages.

Supposedly @Ghostkiller the range is 290km but that is the MTCR range. The real range is about 500km if you multiply .8 Mach by 30 minutes which is the endurance.

I do think that UAE will resell the Mirages soon tbh and I would rather Egypt get them then Greece.

That would give EAF a much larger fleet and allow the MIGs and Rafales the A2A role while giving the main ground attack and stand-off role to the F-16s and Mirages.
But maybe we will replace the 2K with EFT.

But you know when Nassef will be mass produced?

@Ghostkiller
French and others don’t want to sell as many missiles as EAF needs but don’t want you to integrate others on them. It’s a lose-lose situation unfortunately.
Sadly yes. But with the ongoing crisis, maybe the doctrine toward us may change.

@Ghostkiller
French and others don’t want to sell as many missiles as EAF needs but don’t want you to integrate others on them. It’s a lose-lose situation unfortunately.
But will they let us intergrate indigenous products or JV products like the Al Tariq etc...?

But will they let us intergrate indigenous products or JV products like the Al Tariq etc...?
Don’t know tbh but I can tell you that UAE got wayyy more ability to integrate stuff and do whatever they want with their Mirages then their F-16s.

It might be the same for Rafales but it’s too early to tell.

Don’t know tbh but I can tell you that UAE got wayyy more ability to integrate stuff and do whatever they want with their Mirages then their F-16s.

It might be the same for Rafales but it’s too early to tell.
True France is more flexible due I think that France doesn't have a lot military export sales/deals in comparaison with USA. Is Nassef 220 mass produced?

Those things are required to have a modern army. That's why I want a professional army not conscription.
In the Byzantine Empire,they had a core of professionals who used to campaign and fight most of the battles and they also had the provincial armies,which were more or less,levies.

Egypt could have a part of the army as fully professional and let's say 2/3 as conscripts. Besides,you have a lot of people.

You can't have a huge professional army. It would be too expensive. The core has to be a modern,full-time,well-trained professional army that leads the conscripts,volunteers and reserves.

The Egyptian army and Katsa sanctions because of the Sukhoi 35 | the whole truth

In the Byzantine Empire,they had a core of professionals who used to campaign and fight most of the battles and they also had the provincial armies,which were more or less,levies.

Egypt could have a part of the army as fully professional and let's say 2/3 as conscripts. Besides,you have a lot of people.

You can't have a huge professional army. It would be too expensive. The core has to be a modern,full-time,well-trained professional army that leads the conscripts,volunteers and reserves.
IK that's why I want to reduce the number so we can spend more on individual equipments and training.

The Egyptian army and Katsa sanctions because of the Sukhoi 35 | the whole truth

Honestly, I am doubting that we will have them.

I'm going with ghostkiller on this one my akhi. Our infantry must be trained to a professional level to hold their own and get objectives done, we can't solely rely on SFs to do 90 percent of the fighting. Thats just simply not how its done. They are needed for the top, most demanding missions. Egyptian infantry should smoke the insurgents in sinai easily, not overusing 999 or 777 for example. Thats why americas infantry is trained to a professional level as is there with their marine corpse. And so with other western nato style of militaries.

@Hydration and yes I know insurgency warfare is very different from that of conventional warfare and that it'll take time to accomplish objectives on the battlefield based on the nature of the conflict, but the point still stands
You answered yourself. Inurgency warfare is different from conventional warfare require ops and soliders that wont stay in one place for too long. Egyptian regular infantry were used on the bwgining of this war and you can see the result and they quickly started pulling up the insurgency tactics. If the american operations in the recent years can only be comoared with the job of our RDF these are way more trained than your average trooper and are in huge numbers with armoured divisions. Our troopers are compared with their troopers sitting home or in Europe doing nothing and way less trained than the marines or for example the 101st airbourne or the rangers. In a convential war beleive me when i say most of the equipment on US troops today wont even exist and its money will go to shiny planes and naval vessels and probably triple the size of the current US forces. Better equipment=fighting insurgency If theres an equipment threshold it will probably be better armour helmets made by ENCID integrated helmet COMMs the new Egyptian rifile saga and thats that really. No fancy nightvisiin in a regular trooper or decrease our army's size and be like the current german military or a gulf military

What do you guys think of the Ramses 2 tank?
Egyptian_T-55_tank_disembarking_LCU-1644_during_Exercise_Bright_Star_1985_DF-ST-86-08080.jpg

Back
Top Bottom