What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Why dont we just put european missiles? yknow because the FA-50 is getting its avionics and radar from Leonardo specifically because of Egypt. And Btw i highly highly doubt we have altriqs we go them from rhinemetal denel not the UAE although the UAE version is identical anyway
Rheinmetall Denel does not manufacture Al Tariq, Denel never reached the production stage though their progress carried on in UAE. Yes MICAs are there but missile wiring is needed (so could pylons be). A MICA can be present wherever an AIM-120 can since its smaller in length and diameter.

Regarding Meteors, it remains most probable that Egypt did not yet upgrade its current Rafales to F3 standard. No Egyptian Rafales have been spotted in France since their delivery. We cannot be sure of Egypt being denied Meteors unless they aren't seen w/ the new batch sometime halfway into the decade.

Indians, Qataris and Greeks are said to have received Meteors because they acquired the F3 variant, all being built after Egypt's.

Actually I believe most Egyptian MiG-29s are twin seated, meaning most are MiG-29M2s wearing 88XX serials.

All the pictures I've seen and posted on this thread are probably 99% MiG-29Ms and rarely an M2.

Do you have a source for the list of serial numbers? I'd love to see that as I've been looking for it since they signed the contract and that info has never been available. Every source just says "Egypt acquired 46 or 50 MiG-29M/M2" and that's it. They never decipher the number of each type.

Plus I'm sure you know the canopy is the standard 2-seat canopy on both types, the two seater and single seater which might add to the impression that there are more 2 seaters?

Anyway, I'd love to see any info describing the serial numbers and exactly how many of each type there is in the EAF.

Regarding Meteors, it remains most probable that Egypt did not yet upgrade its current Rafales to F3 standard. No Egyptian Rafales have been spotted in France since their delivery. We cannot be sure of Egypt being denied Meteors unless they aren't seen w/ the new batch sometime halfway into the decade.

Indians, Qataris and Greeks are said to have received Meteors because they acquired the F3 variant, all being built after Egypt's.

You mean upgrade them to F-3R. All the Rafales arrived as F3 and the upgrade is to be to the F-3R which I think you're right, it hasn't happened yet and why they're building the maintenance depot for the Rafales so they can perform not only those upgrades. but also overhauls and produce local spare parts as well. You're certainly right on that and it sucks that we can't get reliable and constantly updated info on what is happening in that end.

1660828760714.png

Russian Deputy Defense Minister meets Egyptian Assistant Defense Minister in Moscow

Alexander Fomin, Deputy Defense Minister of Russia
1660828840758.png

Major General Khaled Megawer, Assistant Minister of Defense for Foreign Affairs of Egypt
1660828907728.png

Check the expressions on the Egyptian delegation faces!!!

Buk M3
1660829378714.png

Protivnik-GE Radar
1660829437196.png

View attachment 871605

Russian Deputy Defense Minister meets Egyptian Assistant Defense Minister in Moscow

View attachment 871606

Major General Khaled Megawer, Assistant Minister of Defense for Foreign Affairs of Egypt
View attachment 871607

Buk M3
View attachment 871610

Protivnik-GE Radar
View attachment 871611

Meeting with them is a strong message. But you talked about their facial expression. What are they expressing (like anger, sadness etc...)

Such as what? Just curious what you're referring to and not trying to give you a hard time. The SCALPs? He didn't mention that they were in fact taken care of and 100 units delivered to the EAF. We even have pictures of the cruise missiles in Egypt, so we know it's correct.

But it is really sad to hear the way he described the US' distrust in Egypt. Yet the US has supplied over 1000 Abram tanks, Apache helicopters and 220 F-16s, so it's not like they treat Egypt as a "pariah" in the silly words of Joe Biden. But still, to keep the advanced tech away is disturbing enough, for sure, and is the whole reason for the hatred towards the US and the sentiment that all F-16s should be eliminated from the EAF which I think is absolutely ridiculous lol.

Just because they're not equipped with AIM-120s doesn't mean they're useless! They're still very powerful and if you study aerial fighting concepts and strategies, you'll realize that BVR is not a done deal as far as who would win an aerial battle. Granted the Sparrows are semi-active, but that doesn't mean they're completely useless since there are several techniques to lose an incoming AIM-120 while another aircraft fires a Sparrow at the same enemy. Or engage AWACs and heavy EW to close the distance and bring the fight close etc.

So just not having the AIM-120 certainly doesn't mean the F-16s should be canned lol. No way, if anything, they should find other ways to improve on them but definitely keep them as they're an intricate part of the EAF. Their attack role is superb and cannot be discounted based simply on emotions and hatred of the US. Just my opini

This had appeared on TV

View attachment 871707

The Meteor was in the list of missiles ordered along with the Rafale.

Guys,how about we see some cool photos of tanks and armor?
For Egypt, we don't know hahahaha. Inshallah yes.

Are they shopping for something? Any news? They look like they just came out of a store with bags full of weapons lol.
Maybe some AD because there is AD and radars with desert camo maybe the SU-35 saga (either we continue the deal or we give up) or maybe to buy more aircrafts (MIG-29/35 etc...). I guess we will know in the upcoming hours weeks or months.

Guys,how about we see some cool photos of tanks and armor?
Not in my inventory sorry hahaha. @Gomig-21 has a lot of photos haha

Last edited:
View attachment 871605

View attachment 871606

View attachment 871607

Buk M3
View attachment 871610

Protivnik-GE Radar
View attachment 871611

Man these expressions can be turned onto memes!

Most likely some very interesting offers..
That's why Gen Mckenzie said hard and slog hahahaha. The problem is that someone noted that our delegation is small compared to the russians. I hope something with ToT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom