What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

So we are having Vipers now?

It would also make sense if Egypt goes for Ex-Emirati Mirage 2000s, such are armed with MICAs that are already owned by Egypt.
i disregard this most of it went to Morroco and Iraq we might as well take the rest out of service already

Yep, post #11,580 below & highlighted section.

The bigger question is why aren't these easily built in Egypt by Egyptians? Look at how simple all the items on that are, even the magnification and electronic components as especially the optical ones that Egypt already has displayed all sorts of indigenous materials. That's the travesty and not that some of the fellas from the gulf country are falsely accusing us of using Israeli helmets. All these things and then some could and should easily be designed and manufactured by Egyptians in Egypt.
Lets hope we get some suprises in edex 2023 we are ahead of substantial countries in the sensors buissness

Lets hope we get some suprises in edex 2023 we are ahead of substantial countries in the sensors buissness

Talking to big bro the other day about my trip back to the home country and I realized that if I went to EDEX 2023 and tried to get in, I wouldn't be going to anything or something different since my trip is this December and not Dec. 2023 lmaooo. :D So much for that. You and @Ghostkiller will have to tell us all about it if we're all still around ISA.

BTW ya gama3a, I need your help here, I'm about to lose my gaddam mind witnessing this CRAP!!! @The SC , help me out, bro, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssse tell me this is some kind of nightmare I'me having and none of it is true, right? This isn't HAPPENING!

1660617540853.png

Talking to big bro the other day about my trip back to the home country and I realized that if I went to EDEX 2023 and tried to get in, I wouldn't be going to anything or something different since my trip is this December and not Dec. 2023 lmaooo. :D So much for that. You and @Ghostkiller will have to tell us all about it if we're all still around ISA.

BTW ya gama3a, I need your help here, I'm about to lose my gaddam mind witnessing this CRAP!!! @The SC , help me out, bro, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssse tell me this is some kind of nightmare I'me having and none of it is true, right? This isn't HAPPENING!

View attachment 871020
Why not ..it is just 24 Typhoons.. most likely to replace the Mirage 2k that's getting old.. although very well maintained.. to be in reserve.. The F-16 are/will be as vipers on another level of missions..

Yep, post #11,580 below & highlighted section.

The bigger question is why aren't these easily built in Egypt by Egyptians? Look at how simple all the items on that are, even the magnification and electronic components as especially the optical ones that Egypt already has displayed all sorts of indigenous materials. That's the travesty and not that some of the fellas from the gulf country are falsely accusing us of using Israeli helmets. All these things and then some could and should easily be designed and manufactured by Egyptians in Egypt.
Bro.. these helmets are not systems on their own.. there are many sensors and other systems linked to them .. they all need to be manufactured in Egypt.. which is possible in due time.. maybe soon enough to make us all happy..

All of Egypt’s new fighter acquisitions have been mostly made up of 2 seater aircrafts, such are usually there to make more pilots trained and keeping a greater pilot-to-plane ratio, making any supply of more planes in wartime automatically met with the availability of pilots. They also enhance aircraft control and complex targeting. See EAF MiG-29M/M2 fleet and Rafale EM/DM ratios.

Rafale fleet yes, 8 single seats and 16 2-seaters. But the MiG-29M/M2 (M being the single seat & the M2 being the 2 seater) is mostly single seaters. I believe there are only 8 two seaters at the most and the rest of the 50 or so total MiGs are all single seaters.

But your point on the pilots availability is really excellent. I thought I read that somewhere but never gave it much thought.

If you notice the USAF & US Navy, they put the pilot's names on the aircraft right under the canopy and basically assign aircraft to pilots. In the EAF and many other AFs, they don't really do that since they appoint several pilots to each aircraft.

About the Viper Configuration Workshop, this is perfectly lined up with the US Ambassador’s saying of upcoming F-16 upgrades, as well as Tactical Report’s EAF 5 Year Plan Proposal to the US. Moreover, the EAF does not train F-16 pilots abroad and it’s not hard to guess that any possible future conversion processes would be carried out home.

I forgot about what the ambassador said, you're right. The problem is that was so long ago you would've thought by the way he said it that it was happening relatively soon. What McKenzie said was obviously very true, in that these negotiations with the US are long hard slogs and the criticism is valid that the US just takes too damn long to get these contracts executed. I doubt they do for a certain entity, but everyone else for sure,

Why not ..it is just 24 Typhoons..

Comedic sarcasm, my bro.

Bro.. these helmets are not systems on their own.

I understand that. They are British-made helmets with 3 jewish components and actually came with the 8 or 10 Mi-24V Hinds as part of that purchase. I'd love to get the source that said those Mi-24 Hinds were acquired from the Czech Rep. Either from there or Belarus etc. One of the former Soviet Union states but tough to find the source.

The EAF really has a tough choice to make here. If you think of all the trainers it has in its service that are not really only relegated to training duties, but many like these gorgeous Alpha jets are superb attack aircraft including maritime interdictions with those massive Exocet missiles as well as air to air combat with those Matra Magics.

1660675683542.png

Then you have these K-8s, of course, and they have huge responsibilities in their duties and they have a lot of these aircraft.

1660675765108.png

Then of course there are the numerous L-39/59Es that we're not sure if they've been all retired or are still active as trainers. Either way, they had a good 30+ of them which added to the previous 2 gave the EAF a veritable stock of trainers.

1660676140138.png

Now with the prospect of the Korean TA-50 Golden Eagle joining the EAF with ToT for 75-100 aircraft sounds pretty good and will that be it for trainers while these older 3 models all get retired? What's the plan?

Sweet-looking aircraft although I would've much more preferred the M-364 Aermacchi for many reasons, preferable the non-American parts involved but I realize the price was too high and Leonardo didn't offer a satisfactory ToT package, if they even offered on in the first place.

1660676483965.png

The EAF really has a tough choice to make here. If you think of all the trainers it has in its service that are not really only relegated to training duties, but many like these gorgeous Alpha jets are superb attack aircraft including maritime interdictions with those massive Exocet missiles as well as air to air combat with those Matra Magics.

View attachment 871152

Then you have these K-8s, of course, and they have huge responsibilities in their duties and they have a lot of these aircraft.

View attachment 871154

Then of course there are the numerous L-39/59Es that we're not sure if they've been all retired or are still active as trainers. Either way, they had a good 30+ of them which added to the previous 2 gave the EAF a veritable stock of trainers.

View attachment 871155

Now with the prospect of the Korean TA-50 Golden Eagle joining the EAF with ToT for 75-100 aircraft sounds pretty good and will that be it for trainers while these older 3 models all get retired? What's the plan?

Sweet-looking aircraft although I would've much more preferred the M-364 Aermacchi for many reasons, preferable the non-American parts involved but I realize the price was too high and Leonardo didn't offer a satisfactory ToT package, if they even offered on in the first place.

View attachment 871157
I think Leonardo didn't offer ToT for the deal. But we should cooperate with Italy and China to build an indigenous AESA radar or to get some ToT. Maybe if we get the FA/T-50 aircrafts, we will change the american products with other europeans or korean parts.

Worst case scenario for the SU-35 radar (russian one), we can ask China to mount their radar into our Su-35.

View attachment 871152

View attachment 871154

View attachment 871155

View attachment 871157
At this point I would think Egyptian L-39/L-59s are long gone. And I would believe Alpha Jets and K-8Es would still remain in service... The former can be considered an Egyptian "National Guard" fleet with the capability of deploying Exocets and Mavericks (unsure).
I think Leonardo didn't offer ToT for the deal. But we should cooperate with Italy and China to build an indigenous AESA radar or to get some ToT. Maybe if we get the FA/T-50 aircrafts, we will change the american products with other europeans or korean parts.

Worst case scenario for the SU-35 radar (russian one), we can ask China to mount their radar into our Su-35.
Locally building FA/T-50s would encourage Egyptian Precision Weapons Development too.

At this point I would think Egyptian L-39/L-59s are long gone. And I would believe Alpha Jets and K-8Es would still remain in service... The former can be considered an Egyptian "National Guard" fleet with the capability of deploying Exocets and Mavericks (unsure).

Locally building FA/T-50s would encourage Egyptian Precision Weapons Development too.
True because there is a lot of potential for Egypt but sadly there is american parts like armaments (AIM-120 etc...) so we must either get it from SK own industry, european (MBDA) or even joint venture with Serbia (a lot of potential) UAE (Al Tariq, Thunder series and maybe their own A2A missile) or even KSA who is building a ambitious industry.

Rafale fleet yes, 8 single seats and 16 2-seaters. But the MiG-29M/M2 (M being the single seat & the M2 being the 2 seater) is mostly single seaters. I believe there are only 8 two seaters at the most and the rest of the 50 or so total MiGs are all single seaters.

But your point on the pilots availability is really excellent. I thought I read that somewhere but never gave it much thought.

If you notice the USAF & US Navy, they put the pilot's names on the aircraft right under the canopy and basically assign aircraft to pilots. In the EAF and many other AFs, they don't really do that since they appoint several pilots to each aircraft.

I forgot about what the ambassador said, you're right. The problem is that was so long ago you would've thought by the way he said it that it was happening relatively soon. What McKenzie said was obviously very true, in that these negotiations with the US are long hard slogs and the criticism is valid that the US just takes too damn long to get these contracts executed. I doubt they do for a certain entity, but everyone else for sure,

Comedic sarcasm, my bro.

I understand that. They are British-made helmets with 3 jewish components and actually came with the 8 or 10 Mi-24V Hinds as part of that purchase. I'd love to get the source that said those Mi-24 Hinds were acquired from the Czech Rep. Either from there or Belarus etc. One of the former Soviet Union states but tough to find the source.
Nothing comedic or any sarcasm intended.. reality is that the Mega deal comprises 24 Typhoons.. nothing more and nothing less..

Nothing comedic or any sarcasm intended.. reality is that the Mega deal comprises 24 Typhoons.. nothing more and nothing less..
Why we have a lot of two seater aircrafts? Isn't two seaters used for training purposes?

No no no no no you misunderstood me, SC, bro. I was being comedically sarcastic (or at least trying to and obviously failing miserably) in my original post! Nothing to do with you. I was just complaining that I needed help because I can't stand watching the Sand & Gas state getting these weapons and aircraft etc.

I was pleading for you to help put me at ease! :D

Why we have a lot of two seater aircrafts? Isn't two seaters used for training purposes?

But we don't really have that many 2 seaters. 16 or the 24 Rafales and only 4, maybe 6 of the 50 MiG-29M/M2s. If you add the F-16s into that mix, then there is a substantial count since they do have quite a few Bs and Ds. But even the last order of block 52s only supplied 4 Ds out of the 20 aircraft and it's not clear when the one block 52 that crashed a few years ago near Libya was one of those Ds or a single seat C model. So they might be even down to 3 of those awesome flying tanks if in fact that one was a D.

And if they do get the Su-35s, those are ALL single seaters. Typhoon? If they do get them, I bet they'll only be 4 maybe 6 2-seaters out of the 24 and we really don't know what the count is for the 2nd order of Rafales. How many of those will be the 2-seat DMs and how many will be single seat EMs?

The appearance of Egypt's modified missile defense system Buk m3 During the Army Exhibition 2022 in Russia..And the most notable modifications

True because there is a lot of potential for Egypt but sadly there is american parts like armaments (AIM-120 etc...) so we must either get it from SK own industry, european (MBDA) or even joint venture with Serbia (a lot of potential) UAE (Al Tariq, Thunder series and maybe their own A2A missile) or even KSA who is building a ambitious industry.
Why dont we just put european missiles? yknow because the FA-50 is getting its avionics and radar from Leonardo specifically because of Egypt. And Btw i highly highly doubt we have altriqs we go them from rhinemetal denel not the UAE although the UAE version is identical anyway

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom