What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

So according to this forum, Egypt will not continue the deal?

I don't know, bro. I'm so depressed about this whole ordeal it's not even funny. Gaddam US really screwed everything up and worst, if these end up in Iran (which thankfully that tweet at least denies Iran or Russia claiming that) it will really make things worse because the US will have caused that! That's why the EAF needs to tell the US to stfu and mind it's business and get on with this deal.

I don't know, bro. I'm so depressed about this whole ordeal it's not even funny. Gaddam US really screwed everything up and worst, if these end up in Iran (which thankfully that tweet at least denies Iran or Russia claiming that) it will really make things worse because the US will have caused that! That's why the EAF needs to tell the US to stfu and mind it's business and get on with this deal.
I am sure the EAF will not surrender the deal without another big deal in return. So let's hope for the best.

Hi gomig 21 where was this picture been taken is it in Russia im curious about drones on the left side of the parked planes any info will be appreciated
thank you

Hello,

I believe these are stationed at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Airport or Airbase. Most of the Sukhois and flight test and export aircraft etc. are based out of there and I do remember when the first EAF Su-35s were pictured, they were flying to this airport for testing and then were supposed to fly to Egypt for delivery. So I'm pretty sure that is where this is. It's also the name of the Russian city.

Komsomolsk-on-Amur Airport Wiki.

I don't have any info on the drones, though. Are you referring to these?

1660510489030.png

Hello,

I believe these are stationed at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Airport or Airbase. Most of the Sukhois and flight test and export aircraft etc. are based out of there and I do remember when the first EAF Su-35s were pictured, they were flying to this airport for testing and then were supposed to fly to Egypt for delivery. So I'm pretty sure that is where this is. It's also the name of the Russian city.

View attachment 870723
Hi friend thanks for your reply and sharing info with me I believe I got the answer from one of our another member The SC
thank you

Russian Miasishchev's M-55

View attachment 870726
Hi thanks for your info with a picture too
thank you

@Gomig-21 Check this old footage of an Egyptian F-4E flying low above the desert floor with enough bombs to completely destroy 2 SAM sites.
196CFEDD-C4C3-4254-9CB6-06CF4E788D65.png

It’s very sad to learn that Mohamed Abbas Helmy is no longer the commander of the EAF. He was a Phantom pilot, probably flew with some of the best pilots like Reda Sakr, know exactly how weapons and aircraft performance make the difference, with a good knowledge of how the Vietnam veteran F-4E was a maintenance novel...
It’s worth noting that Egyptian F-4s were deployed as Air Superiority Fighter well into the 90s for their 4x Sparrow, 4x AIM-9P loadout. They is also a possibility that they deployed Egyptian made dibber bombs.

@Gomig-21 Check this old footage of an Egyptian F-4E flying low above the desert floor with enough bombs to completely destroy 2 SAM sites.

Wow, never seen that one before. Is that a belly fuel tank or is that some huge ordinance of some kind?! Hard to tell but it got my attention when you mentioned enough bombs to completely destroy 2 SAM sites wow. Love it.

Check this out, I just saw this; this is how enemy aircraft were detected before the invention of radars. When I see things like this, it makes me so grateful to be living in this day and age. :lol:

1660527351735.png

It’s very sad to learn that Mohamed Abbas Helmy is no longer the commander of the EAF.

Anyone know what the new commander's background is?

Anyone know what the new commander's background is?
1660543105629.png

Major General Mahmoud Fouad Abdel Gawad background:

Fouad, born in March 1966, graduated from the Air College in 1987, where he rose to all the positions within the Air Force, reaching the position of Chief of Staff of the Air Force.

The new Air Force Commander received a Bachelor of Aviation and Military Sciences, Air Squadron Commanders Division, and a Senior War College Fellowship from Nasser Military Academy.

He was also awarded several medals, including the Silver Jubilee of the October War, the Golden Jubilee of the July Revolution, as well as the January 25 and June 30 medals..

Hello,

View attachment 870723
The Korsar was designed as a 200kg combat UAV with a six and a half meter wingspan, and its airframe makes extensive use of composite materials to reduce its weight and increase its durability. The platform will be able to operate in a strike role, deploying both guided and unguided munitions, as well as highly altitude reconnaissance similar to the U.S. RQ-170. It will make use of existing air to ground munitions deployed by Russia's existing strike platforms, which have been modified to be deployed by the Korsar. The drone is also designed to perform an electronic warfare role, and will have a combat radius of 200km - a relatively short range. While it appears to be somewhat lacking in its combat capabilities compared to costly long range heavy platforms such as the U.S. Reaper and Chinese Sharp Sword, as a low cost and short range light combat drone it may well prove highly effective.

1660543647730.png

1660543688515.png

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...v-what-to-expect-from-the-korsar-attack-drone

View attachment 870826

Major General Mahmoud Fouad Abdel Gawad background:

Fouad, born in March 1966, graduated from the Air College in 1987, where he rose to all the positions within the Air Force, reaching the position of Chief of Staff of the Air Force.

The new Air Force Commander received a Bachelor of Aviation and Military Sciences, Air Squadron Commanders Division, and a Senior War College Fellowship from Nasser Military Academy.

He was also awarded several medals, including the Silver Jubilee of the October War, the Golden Jubilee of the July Revolution, as well as the January 25 and June 30 medals..
Any ideas which aircrafts he flew? F-16 F-4 Mirage 2K etc...?

@Hydration

vqwLsmYmF73GzfRFxx5vB1aclhl0oniZ4IGYw_oTXrvaVn5wRkmC6dn2XU5rbheTdjdSZnqbny2l=s1080-nd-v1

Featured image of an Egyptian Rafale fighter during the launch of an air-to-air missile Mica EM

The missile with its radar-guided version (Mica EM) has a maximum range of 80 km, with a killing area of 60 km, and with its thermal version IR, the maximum range is 60 km, which is the same as its killing area, which is twice the killing area of the Al-Aram and ranging from 30, 40 km

Last edited:
Love that EAF Rafale firing a MICA EM there, @Ghostkiller .

Too bad our Arab brethren are trying to claim that Egypt is using Israeli-made helmets for our Mi-24 pilots when they could've just researched a tiny little bit just by looking at the helmet. It's a British-made Alpha 900 Search and Rescue [SAR] Helmet and it says "ALPHA" right on top of the visor hinge lol. Shame, but it is what it is. A whole other subject as to the Mi-24 pilots using an SAR helmet is very interesting and actually makes a lot of sense for that particular helo.

1660578524731.png

Back
Top Bottom