What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Guys,how about we see some cool photos of tanks and armor?
You might appreciate some pre-2014 stills from Egypt’s Military Show “Tala’ea El Nasr”, offering informative, historic and drill footage.
B1006A60-C66F-47E2-85DF-884643F8EC11.jpeg
BF2686A4-CC59-44A1-B607-8F0FF2AE84DF.jpeg
9B544A35-CBDE-48BD-8B2F-69EF2C136BCE.jpeg

3A104C10-27CC-46DD-BF30-1CA2693B07FF.jpeg
CB2685C3-CD71-4FE8-8402-38499B60817C.png
AA0CF51E-DA4C-4402-B2FD-764C1A8856C1.jpeg

Very nice, YPR-765 PRAT (TUA turret) and Jeep J8 with Ahmad ATGM (Malyutka).

First time I see movement of military vehicles by train, I wondered if Egypt uses them just like many countries.

You might appreciate some pre-2014 stills from Egypt’s Military Show “Tala’ea El Nasr”, offering informative, historic and drill footage.
View attachment 871885View attachment 871886View attachment 871884
View attachment 871887View attachment 871888View attachment 871889
Finally some pics of Egyptian military vehicles instead of mostly debating what Egypt could get in the future. I'd appreciate more pictures from pre-2014 era, they are hard to come by for me.

By the way, I think these pictures were already posted here many pages ago :)

Very nice, YPR-765 PRAT (TUA turret) and Jeep J8 with Ahmad ATGM (Malyutka).

First time I see movement of military vehicles by train, I wondered if Egypt uses them just like many countries.

Finally some pics of Egyptian military vehicles instead of mostly debating what Egypt could get in the future. I'd appreciate more pictures from pre-2014 era, they are hard to come by for me.

By the way, I think these pictures were already posted here many pages ago :)
Egypt transport mostly by road and by train. I think during tension between Turkey and Egypt in 2020, we moved a lot of M1 Abrams on trains (not sure)

Are they shopping for something? Any news? They look like they just came out of a store with bags full of weapons lol.

Hey, you guys in Iran stay away from OUR Su-35s, got that?! lol. Just kidding with you, but all the rumors of Iran exchanging 100+ drones for the Su-35s that were meant for the EAF is not a happy thing for us. Hope it's not true, but the longer it takes to get them, the more it does seem likely.

@Gomig-21 You think what can Egypt buy from Russia again?

Not sure, maybe the Viking TOR M3 with that new enhancer system that increases the range. But they should definitely give us some definitive closure on the Su-35s first before thinking of anything else. Doesn't make sense.

If there is a CAATSA issue, then why are they there negotiating for anything? If they have en exemption due to the systems they already possess since they are a huge quantity and need constant purchasing of parts for upkeep as well as additional missiles and munitions, then maybe that's what it is. But they really need to finalize the Su-35SE issues soon. It's been way too long.

Open up a new thread on Egyptian armored vehicles etc. if you're really interested in that since this thread really covers the entire armed forces and most of the interest is really geared towards the air force.

G6IcYpa6oxdzgmiDr66IlWum5QiwbYU_oJr0PdkBpdbhHh7Pj-FgJmY8yjn3YoJRzV7Pe8AHhlsPyA=s740-nd-v1

22 new naval patrol boats will be acquired by the Egyptian Navy, with a length of 28 meters, 6 of them will be built in America and 16 will be built in Egypt at the Alexandria Naval Arsenal starting next year
The boat is from Swiftship
The boat has a length of 28 meters, a width of 5.7 meters and a draft of 2 meters, and it can reach a range of 1667 km and a speed of 25 knots and carry up to 24 people
It is armed with half-inch machine guns and grenade launchers
It is equipped with a marine navigation system, a thermal optical system, communication systems, radio equipment, and a marine safety system
After this deal, the total number of boats in Egypt with a length of 28 meters of this type will reach 48 boats, and Egypt is negotiating to obtain other boats from the company with a length of 35 meters
Egypt also agreed with the company to promote these types of boats to African and Arab countries
Egypt has experimented with supplying this type of service boats with remote-controlled combat towers of the Eagle-2 type, manufactured locally in cooperation with Spain, in preparation for installing them on patrol boats instead of manual machine guns.
Eagle-2 is a remote-controlled combat turret equipped with day and thermal monitoring systems and a laser rangefinder. It can be equipped with several calibers on demand, starting with the western 5.56 mm caliber, the eastern 7.62, the 12.7 mm half-inch machine gun, the 14.5 mm machine gun or the 40-caliber grenade launcher. millimeter
The sprinkler is controlled via a 12-inch LCD screen.

Last edited:
Hey, you guys in Iran stay away from OUR Su-35s, got that?! lol. Just kidding with you, but all the rumors of Iran exchanging 100+ drones for the Su-35s that were meant for the EAF is not a happy thing for us. Hope it's not true, but the longer it takes to get them, the more it does seem likely.
Honestly don't think they have any intention of doing a serious airforce upgrade in Iran. traditional Airpower is neglected in Iran, and focus is almost entirely on UAVs. Part of the reason is the country is sanctioned to hell and beyond, and as we all know, airpower is money thirsty.

I think the fact that their has no transfer so far, is probably an indication that they do not want them. if Russia actually trades 100 UAVs for 20 something Su-35's then they must be crazy desperate, because I think the value of 3 Su-35's exceed 100 UAVs. I don't even think this UAV news is true either, probably bad intel from US state department.

Good chance they might sell those Su-35's to someone else though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom