What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

AIO is going to produce this 30mm RWS in the future under license from Spain.

Use this on Sinai-200, and you have an IFV capable of replacing older BMPs with a capable platform that can destroy tanks and armored vehicles.

You can theoretically replace the T-62 turret with something like this, and use it as a heavy IFV. It would have much higher armor than BMP or Bradley’s. A concept like this would have saved many soldiers lives in the Sinai if the vehicle is up armored with composite and ERA using the weight savings from the turret removal.

@Gomig-21

View attachment 838813

View attachment 838814

I think only close US Allie’s will get the AIM-260 such as UK, Australia, and Canada.
There is rumors that Egypt will produce this IFV beside the 30mm turret. You can see the egyptian flag on it. This IFV is VCR Dragon 8x8.

Egypt can develop its own 8x8 I’m sure instead of using a Swiss design.
I think Egypt is doing two things. First they do ToT deals then our design and version. For example we had ToT for the RCWS Eagle 2 (Escribano Group) then AOI is producing her own RCWS which is X29 now

Even tho converted t62s into ifvs sounds like a good idea, you can be rest assured that egy is going to use the sinai 200 possibly as a stopgap or supplementary equipment, those and the t55s are better off being converted as logistics vehicles. Egypt has been eyeng the French Titus 6×6 vehicle as well if anyone knows about it

Even tho converted t62s into ifvs sounds like a good idea, you can be rest assured that egy is going to use the sinai 200 possibly as a stopgap or supplementary equipment, those and the t55s are better off being converted as logistics vehicles. Egypt has been eyeng the French Titus 6×6 vehicle as well if anyone knows about it
1651203028776.png

There is rumors that Egypt will produce this IFV beside the 30mm turret. You can see the egyptian flag on it. This IFV is VCR Dragon 8x8.
Yes.. both with ToT..

Iam starting to think that he added civillian cassulties to that number. Like you said their start was horrible until they wrapped themselves up by the time frame of 2017

Although he does use the term "martyred", and MG wrote the numbers down as "Killed in Action" & "Wounded in Action", those two would lean more towards individuals who fought and not really civilians.

I like how at the end he mentions the purpose of revealing these numbers in a very nice way, despite not ever doing that in the past and the reason is he worries that people will forget the sacrifice of these individuals. Then he finished by saying "don't forget" which I thought was really well said.

BTW, Hydration, take a look at the patch of the pilot to the right who is speaking into the microphone, not the older one to the left with the 2000-hour patch, but the one to the right and let me know if you recognize that patch?

1651247843561.png

Speaking of Sinai, I believe this was taken by either military personnel or a civilian while this F-16 was screaming and banking while carrying what appears to be a pair of AGM-65 Mavericks.

1651248074961.png

Ofc those people will not give us the AIM-260 JATM if we concluded the deal of F-15. @Gomig-21

Oh definitely not, lol. We are the untrustworthy pariah that poses a constant threat on the Jewish state; go figure that one out?!?! since we were the ones who were attacked twice and have only defended our land.

BTW, the Egyptian Army has been very smart about the Italian mega deal offer they made and instead of refusing the whole thing and upsetting the Italians because most likely the EAF didn't want to purchase the 24 Eurofighter Typhoons, but were interested in most of the other items such as the 4/6 Bergamini FREMMs, possibly the military satellite (not sure what they're thinking is on the 20 Falaj II OPV Corvettes) and it seems they're negotiating with Leonardo on the 24 Aermachi M-346 Advanced Jet Trainers and Light Combat Aircraft.

1651248815397.png

That would be good for them to acquire those so that trainees can train of a modern aircraft to go with all the modern fighters in the fleet. Right now they're sharing duties between the Alpha jets and the L-59Es although we haven't seen much of the latter.

1651249695980.png

1651249716693.png

This is the drone you were asking about, right? No one knows what it is except the speculation is that it's an indigenous design and project and used as a recon UAV.

1651249866200.png

@The SC , this Ka-52K Katran was most likely the testbed for the Egyptian Navy's tender/order because of the OES-52 under the nose. It's the same one the EAF requested on their Alligators instead of the other one the Russians use. You won't see any other katrans with that OES-52 shaped more like a disc than a ball. It also appears they were testing it in Syria since I don't think there are any palm trees in Russia, right? lol

1651250127590.png

Some additional info on that particular OES-52 that the Egyptian military specifically requested on its Ka-52s.

The French gyro stabilized Safran STRIX targeting sensor used by the Tiger attack helicopter. Testing of the OES-52 system on a Ka-52 commenced in January 2015, and the system entered production in 2017 for Ka-52E helicopters delivered to Egypt. The OES-52 performs similar functions as the GOES- 451, but also houses five sensors; an infrared camera, an electrooptical camera, a laser rangefinder/ designator, laser beam riding for air-to-ground missiles, and a laser spot tracker.

Real mistery on the status of the Katran for the Mistrals, or if they're leaning towards a different helo for CAATSA reasons or simply that they're looking for something different now?

@ARCH٤R , I still can't find that pic of the Egyptian Ka-52 with the Kh-35 on it. IIRC, it was part of the group of photos taken when President Sisi visited one of the air bases and was wearing the helicopter uniform and helmet and sat in one of them. Not sure if he actually went for a ride lol! I would hope so if he went through all the trouble of dressing up for the occasion. But I bet the secret service told him to forget about that! Anyway, maybe one day it will turn up (just like I happen to accidently stumble on the rare one with the Vikhir missiles) but we know the Kh-35 is part of the EAF inventory since we've seen the MiG-29M/M2s carrying them and even launching one in a video, and here is another pic of a Russian Ka-52 with the massive Kh-35, so it is capable of doing so.

1651254658981.png

1651252951766.png

A few more pics of the Tahyia Misr FREMM and EN with the Alexandria Corniche in the background.

1651253034827.png

1651253007469.png

And speaking of Alexandria, back in November of '21, the French destroyer Paul Chevalier and the ENS Alexandria performed a PASSEX exercise in the Red Sea.

1651253158029.png

Even the older Oliver Perry Class frigates in the EN are very well maintained, despite being quite active. You can really tell all the branches have upped their training to a lot more in the last decade or so.

1651253325394.png

This is one of two types of Egyptian-made RIBs sold to the Bangladesh Navy. This was taken at the Egyptian factory prior to shipping to Bangladesh. They come with the Yamaha 75HP outboard motor.

1651253607310.png

1651253623037.png

1651253638062.png

1651253654610.png

@ezerdi2 , fenak ya habibi? :-) Is this towing test/exercise by Thyssenkrupp of the first Egyptian Meko the same thing that the Algerian navy was performing in that one exercise and people thought that the ship was disabled and then commented that it must've been due to bad maintenance and things of that sort? lol, amazing how reality can be twisted, by accident or on purpose. The Algerian navy is one of the most disciplined and well maintained navies in Africa & the Middle East. To mistake a towing exercise for a disabled frigate due to improper maintenance is a travesty!

That hatch that's opened up at portside bow is something I haven't seen before on any of the other ships. Most likely makes for easier viewing and access to docking and towing lines. Can't wait to see these arrive in Egypt, which should be relatively soon since they're almost done building the 3rd one I think, with the 4th being built in Alexandria.
1651253740660.png

Last edited:

I don't like that much military watch. For him, every weapon or equipement that Egypt possess is obsolete. Ya3ni haga khara they can't be objective at all.

Although he does use the term "martyred", and MG wrote the numbers down as "Killed in Action" & "Wounded in Action", those two would lean more towards individuals who fought and not really civilians.

I like how at the end he mentions the purpose of revealing these numbers in a very nice way, despite not ever doing that in the past and the reason is he worries that people will forget the sacrifice of these individuals. Then he finished by saying "don't forget" which I thought was really well said.

BTW, Hydration, take a look at the patch of the pilot to the right who is speaking into the microphone, not the older one to the left with the 2000-hour patch, but the one to the right and let me know if you recognize that patch?

View attachment 839120

Speaking of Sinai, I believe this was taken by either military personnel or a civilian while this F-16 was screaming and banking while carrying what appears to be a pair of AGM-65 Mavericks.

View attachment 839121

Oh definitely not, lol. We are the untrustworthy pariah that poses a constant threat on the Jewish state; go figure that one out?!?! since we were the ones who were attacked twice and have only defended our land.

BTW, the Egyptian Army has been very smart about the Italian mega deal offer they made and instead of refusing the whole thing and upsetting the Italians because most likely the EAF didn't want to purchase the 24 Eurofighter Typhoons, but were interested in most of the other items such as the 4/6 Bergamini FREMMs, possibly the military satellite (not sure what they're thinking is on the 20 Falaj II OPV Corvettes) and it seems they're negotiating with Leonardo on the 24 Aermachi M-346 Advanced Jet Trainers and Light Combat Aircraft.

View attachment 839123

That would be good for them to acquire those so that trainees can train of a modern aircraft to go with all the modern fighters in the fleet. Right now they're sharing duties between the Alpha jets and the L-59Es although we haven't seen much of the latter.

View attachment 839125

View attachment 839126

This is the drone you were asking about, right? No one knows what it is except the speculation is that it's an indigenous design and project and used as a recon UAV.

View attachment 839127

@The SC , this Ka-52K Katran was most likely the testbed for the Egyptian Navy's tender/order because of the OLS under the nose. It's the same one the EAF requested on their Alligators instead of the other one the Russians use. You won't see any other katrans with that OES-52 shaped more like a disc than a ball. It also appears they were testing it in Syria since I don't think there are any palm trees in Russia, right? lol

View attachment 839128

Some additional info on that particular OES-52 that the Egyptian military specifically requested on its Ka-52s.

The French gyro stabilized Safran STRIX targeting sensor used by the Tiger attack helicopter. Testing of the OES-52 system on a Ka-52 commenced in January 2015, and the system entered production in 2017 for Ka-52E helicopters delivered to Egypt. The OES-52 performs similar functions as the GOES- 451, but also houses five sensors; an infrared camera, an electrooptical camera, a laser rangefinder/ designator, laser beam riding for air-to-ground missiles, and a laser spot tracker.

Real mistery on the status of the Katran for the Mistrals, or if they're leaning towards a different helo for CAATSA reasons or simply that they're looking for something different now?

@ARCH٤R , I still can't find that pic of the Egyptian Ka-52 with the Kh-35 on it. IIRC, it was part of the group of photos taken when President Sisi visited one of the air bases and was wearing the helicopter uniform and helmet and sat in one of them. Not sure if he actually went for a ride lol! I would hope so if he went through all the trouble of dressing up for the occasion. But I bet the secret service told him to forget about that! Anyway, maybe one day it will turn up (just like I happen to accidently stumble on the rare one with the Vikhir missiles) but we know the Kh-35 is part of the EAF inventory since we've seen the MiG-29M/M2s carrying them and even launching one in a video, and here is another pic of a Russian Ka-52 with the massive Kh-35, so it is capable of doing so.

View attachment 839152

View attachment 839138

A few more pics of the Tahyia Misr FREMM and EN with the Alexandria Corniche in the background.

View attachment 839140

View attachment 839139

And speaking of Alexandria, back in November of '21, the French destroyer Paul Chevalier and the ENS Alexandria performed a PASSEX exercise in the Red Sea.

View attachment 839143

Even the older Oliver Perry Class frigates in the EN are very well maintained, despite being quite active. You can really tell all the branches have upped their training to a lot more in the last decade or so.

View attachment 839146

This is one of two types of Egyptian-made RIBs sold to the Bangladesh Navy. This was taken at the Egyptian factory prior to shipping to Bangladesh. They come with the Yamaha 75HP outboard motor.

View attachment 839147
View attachment 839148
View attachment 839149
View attachment 839150

@ezerdi2 , fenak ya habibi? :-) Is this towing test/exercise by Thyssenkrupp of the first Egyptian Meko the same thing that the Algerian navy was performing in that one exercise and people thought that the ship was disabled and then commented that it must've been due to bad maintenance and things of that sort? lol, amazing how reality can be twisted, by accident or on purpose. The Algerian navy is one of the most disciplined and well maintained navies in Africa & the Middle East. To mistake a towing exercise for a disabled frigate due to improper maintenance is a travesty!

That hatch that's opened up at portside bow is something I haven't seen before on any of the other ships. Most likely makes for easier viewing and access to docking and towing lines. Can't wait to see these arrive in Egypt, which should be relatively soon since they're almost done building the 3rd one I think, with the 4th being built in Alexandria.
View attachment 839151
always thught that disc was a downgrade glad to hear otherwise. The aggressor squadron

Last edited:
Don't think that this is indigenous because if it we would have showcased during EDEX-2021. I think it is maybe Lipán M3 or M4 from Argentina.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom