What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Raed was a merger of the Kaher and Zafer, apocryphal reports state that it has been tested thrice, it was destined to carry the fizzled Negma satellite.

Kemet-3 is a pretty cryptic satellite launch vehicle project being developed on the behest of the Military Technical College (MTC).

Eugen Saenger was a German Austrian scientist, a fortuitous find. He along other scientists like Mokhtar Halouda, assisted in designing the Qaher and Zafer BMs, he co-founded the Amerikabomber concept, a bomber that would skip into the atmosphere and deliver a bomb load over American target, his studies contributed a lot to projects like the Space Shuttle and the X-15 manned spaceplane.
Egypt was a paradise for Naz|s hahaha. A lot of them went to Egypt and made projects during Nasser's era. Inshallah the future of Egypt is bright

The ones who almost never show up on military videos like that squadron that has no insignias or flags who bombed al watiya airbase.

Here you go, my friend. Just for you I spent a good part of an hour looking for this patch of the F-16 block 52 Aggressor Squadron-95.

1651016863272.png

1651016834103.png

So, I found this pic in my collection from a while back. This was taken during the last or 2nd to last 6th October parade. T-62s parading in front of President Sadat and Mubarak and all the war delegates etc. and at that time, they were modifying them with Swingfire ATGMs on the sides of the turret. Because they had such great success with the wire-guided SAGGER Malyokta, they figured this mod would help even more by adding something similar to the SAGGER right on the tank itself. Interesting concept.

BTW: All these pics you can double click them and put them on full screen for much better detail.

View attachment 838167
Regarding the T-62s with Swingfires, only a few were modified (my guess is around 10), some also had smoke launchers instead of Swingfire ATGMs. They weren't used for a long time, or at least appart from this parade and two exercises from 80s I haven't seen them. Maybe it didn't work that well, or maybe it cost too much and wasn't worth it. There's sadly almost no information on them, which is a shame because it is one of the most interesting modifications I've ever seen.

Bright Star '82
T-62 (3).jpg

Version with smoke launchers:
T-62 (4).jpg

T-62 (2).jpg

On parade:
T-62E (4).jpg

T-62E (6).jpg

T-62E (5).jpg

The exercise:
T-62E (9).jpg

T-62E (11).jpg
T-62E (12).jpg

T-62E (13).jpg

Regarding the T-62s with Swingfires, only a few were modified (my guess is around 10), some also had smoke launchers instead of Swingfire ATGMs. They weren't used for a long time, or at least appart from this parade and two exercises from 80s I haven't seen them. Maybe it didn't work that well, or maybe it cost too much and wasn't worth it. There's sadly almost no information on them, which is a shame because it is one of the most interesting modifications I've ever seen.

Bright Star '82
View attachment 838369
Version with smoke launchers:
View attachment 838375
View attachment 838370
On parade:
View attachment 838371
View attachment 838372
View attachment 838373
The exercise:
View attachment 838374
View attachment 838376View attachment 838377
View attachment 838378
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

MIG-17s with those Sakr 80MM HE rockets

The result of our casualties after 7 tense years war on terror
like i dont even know if this is bad or good ive seen videos from isis the people they killed were literally just people in military uniform with no armour and walking beside apcs not even in them. Unnesacry cassulties and a handful of them are from the tribal sinai union. Otherwise this is a very big win

like i dont even know if this is bad or good ive seen videos from isis the people they killed were literally just people in military uniform with no armour and walking beside apcs not even in them. Unnesacry cassulties and a handful of them are from the tribal sinai union. Otherwise this is a very big win
Alhamdulillah at least we got rid of those "cretins" like @Gomig-21 says. He loves use cretins to designate those terrorist hahaha

Last edited:
Alhamdulillah at least we got rid of those "cretins" like @Gomig-21says. He loves use cretins to designate those terrorist hahaha
now its time to build salaam city to build a strategic ground foot in there the new capital position is aimed and sinai

Develloping Sinai is a national security because without developing it we saw that some Arabs tribes joined ISIS. Bas now we are focusing on developing and to secure more Sinai.

Develloping Sinai is a national security because without developing it we saw that some Arabs tribes joined ISIS. Bas now we are focusing on developing and to secure more Sinai.
not whole tribes but teenagers recruited by foriengers

but yeah other than that they deserve alot of development suffered alot too bad previous goverments didnt bother although it is the most important part, s strategic depth from a military point of view a developed urban region can stop superpowers 1956 shows that and other than that relefing cairo from this crowdness would be nice and sinai is just a natural tourist magnet nature there is very diverse and beautiful and has a heavy religous value most of the prophets passed through this sacred land

Last edited:
not whole tribes but teenagers recruited by foriengers

but yeah other than that they deserve alot of development suffered alot too bad previous goverments didnt bother although it is the most important part, s strategic depth from a military point of view a developed urban region can stop superpowers 1956 shows that and other than that relefing cairo from this crowdness would be nice
They suffered from neglect by our goverment. I think they couldn't have ID cards etc...

Alhamdulillah at least we got rid of those "cretins" like @Gomig-21 says. He loves use cretins to designate those terrorist hahaha

This was my favorite cretin crunching by the EAF. Those filthy cockroaches were trying to scatter away from their Toyota pickups when they figured either a Wingloong or Apache or maybe even a Tractor was above them and had launched a missile or bomb that was raining down on them. But it was too late and KABOOM! Fried, crispy cretin cockroaches! :D

DNeKV4-W0AEUzS0.jpg

DNeLb4tWsAAjQss.jpg

T-62s and T-55s could theoretically be converted into IFVs. Egypt could use the 30mm cannon they are producing under license to convert it into a heavy IFV.

Add ERA blocks on the tank as well, and maybe increase protection via composites and you have a fairly good use of an outdated tank.

T-62s and T-55s could theoretically be converted into IFVs. Egypt could use the 30mm cannon they are producing under license to convert it into a heavy IFV.

Add ERA blocks on the tank as well, and maybe increase protection via composites and you have a fairly good use of an outdated tank.
True we have hundreds of T-62 and T-55 tanks and Israel did with them. They turned those tanks into IFV under the name Achzarit

True we have hundreds of T-62 and T-55 tanks and Israel did with them. They turned those tanks into IFV under the name Achzarit
Yeah, a 30mm cannon with Kornets would be very effective.

It’s armor would be able to withstand auto cannon, and ATGMs with non tandem warheads.

I imagine you could also add an APS which would make it almost invulnerable to many battlefield threats except tanks.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom