What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

like i dont even know if this is bad or good ive seen videos from isis the people they killed were literally just people in military uniform with no armour and walking beside apcs not even in them. Unnesacry cassulties and a handful of them are from the tribal sinai union. Otherwise this is a very big win

You're right, I agree with you that the number is ridiculously high and they suffered unnecessary casualties because there was no proper strategy from the start. The high command in charge never put fort a solid plan that would train these brave soldiers and give them a better chance.

I can get into great detail on many of the very obvious screw-ups which we watched in amazement, but I won't since we already covered that in great detail way earlier in this thread.

The leadership at some of the highest levels has always been the Egyptian Army's Achilles heel. The disaster of 67 was all leadership failures all the way up to Nasser and we all know about the horrific decisions Sadat made in 1973. The same is still happening at lower levels, mainly at the ministry and generals' level.

Who was it that famously said:

"The soldier shall not be blamed for the lost battle, it is the general who shall be beheaded."

I think it might've been Confucius or some philosopher of old. The great heavy metal band Judas Priest wrote one of their best song about exactly that called "Some Heads are gonna Roll" and the main chorus lines is "if the man, with the power, can't keep it under control....some heads are gonna roll!"

All that perfectly matches the Egyptian Army's history and their Sinai Campaign.

T-62s and T-55s could theoretically be converted into IFVs. Egypt could use the 30mm cannon they are producing under license to convert it into a heavy IFV.

Add ERA blocks on the tank as well, and maybe increase protection via composites and you have a fairly good use of an outdated tank.

It's a good idea and more commonly done than people think. It would work if they had a customer to purchase them. Convert a couple only and show it off at EDEX and if an African country likes it and wants to buy more, then make a deal to convert more and sell it to them.

However, in Egypt's case, it already has a lot of IFVs of all types and the Temsah program is creating new and modern IFVs that might be the better way to go than to spend a lot of money and effort on this old, thinly armored death trap of a coffin on tracks lol.

You're right, I agree with you that the number is ridiculously high and they suffered unnecessary casualties because there was no proper strategy from the start. The high command in charge never put fort a solid plan that would train these brave soldiers and give them a better chance.

I can get into great detail on many of the very obvious screw-ups which we watched in amazement, but I won't since we already covered that in great detail way earlier in this thread.

The leadership at some of the highest levels has always been the Egyptian Army's Achilles heel. The disaster of 67 was all leadership failures all the way up to Nasser and we all know about the horrific decisions Sadat made in 1973. The same is still happening at lower levels, mainly at the ministry and generals' level.

Who was it that famously said:

"The soldier shall not be blamed for the lost battle, it is the general who shall be beheaded."

I think it might've been Confucius or some philosopher of old. The great heavy metal band Judas Priest wrote one of their best song about exactly that called "Some Heads are gonna Roll" and the main chorus lines is "if the man, with the power, can't keep it under control....some heads are gonna roll!"

All that perfectly matches the Egyptian Army's history and their Sinai Campaign.

It's a good idea and more commonly done than people think. It would work if they had a customer to purchase them. Convert a couple only and show it off at EDEX and if an African country likes it and wants to buy more, then make a deal to convert more and sell it to them.

However, in Egypt's case, it already has a lot of IFVs of all types and the Temsah program is creating new and modern IFVs that might be the better way to go than to spend a lot of money and effort on this old, thinly armored death trap of a coffin on tracks lol.
Iam starting to think that he added civillian cassulties to that number. Like you said their start was horrible until they wrapped themselves up by the time frame of 2017

unknown.png

Department of Electronic Warfare

unknown.png

first time hearing about these recon pods, any ideas?
Yeah I think I’ve came across an interesting EAF MiG-21 photo this can relate to.

T-62s and T-55s could theoretically be converted into IFVs. Egypt could use the 30mm cannon they are producing under license to convert it into a heavy IFV.

Add ERA blocks on the tank as well, and maybe increase protection via composites and you have a fairly good use of an outdated tank.
This is actually a very good idea! Egyptian workshops already have some experience with modifying T-55 tanks (as demonstrated by T-55 ammunition carriers shown here). There were some more modifications too, on both platforms. Egypt's BMP fleet is shrinking and too old, there is of course Sinai-200 prototype that might soon be adopted, but there won't be any other IFV besides YPR-765, and I'm almost certain their numbers won't increase, so there might be unfilled hole after BMPs will be completly phased out. Of course this might and likely will be filled by Sinais, if they get accepted, but I think the idea if heavier IFV is not that bad. I mean, look at Israel, they are/were operating light and heavy APCs/IFVs alongside. There is also the interesting path Algeria chose for upgrading their T-62s with BMP-2M turret. I think similar concept could fit well into Egypt's doctrine. Or maybe to be selled for export? I'm a bit afraid what is the state of T-55 fleet since I haven't seen them for quite some time, besides the ammunition carriers and single T-55E MkII Ramses in one 2018 video in front of row of T-62E tanks. I guess they might be still stored as I don't suppose they are still in service.

Anyway, since some of us already shared here some of the older pictures, do you guys have some late 90s early 2000s Egyptian military photos? I'm severly lacking any photos from this era

Last edited:
Send if i you still have it, please.

This is actually a very good idea! Egyptian workshops already have some experience with modifying T-55 tanks (as demonstrated by T-55 ammunition carriers shown here). There were some more modifications too, on both platforms. Egypt's BMP fleet is shrinking and too old, there is of course Sinai-200 prototype that might soon be adopted, but there won't be any other IFV besides YPR-765, and I'm almost certain their numbers won't increase, so there might be unfilled hole after BMPs will be completly phased out. Of course this might and likely will be filled by Sinais, if they get accepted, but I think the idea if heavier IFV is not that bad. I mean, look at Israel, they are/were operating light and heavy APCs/IFVs alongside. There is also the interesting path Algeria chose for upgrading their T-62s with BMP-2M turret. I think similar concept could fit well into Egypt's doctrine. Or maybe to be selled for export? I'm a bit afraid what is the state of T-55 fleet for quite some time, besides the ammunition carriers and single T-55E MkII Ramses in one 2018 video in front of row of T-62E tanks. I guess they might be still stored as I don't suppose they are still in service.

Anyway, since some of us already shared here some of the older pictures, do you guys have some late 90s early 2000s Egyptian military photos? I'm severly lacking any photos from this era
Dude, same. I've been looking for Egyptian military photos from the 90s, I do have some footage of the Egyptian Army in Kuwait.

E8K24urX0AQvCz-.png

Pictured above are conscripts of the Chemical Warfare Corps in Kuwait

Actually no. I still have pictures of Unit 333, a reclusive and cryptic hostage rescue and CT interior unit.
20220301_175943.jpg
DPYwlCDXUAA6mfI.png
unknown.png

I'm mainly interested in vehicles, so I most of the times only download those. Anyway, here is my collection. I have a lot of photos from Arab spring, but I won't post these, they are available at Milinme blog.

Early 2000-2012: (4K51 Rubezh)
4K52 Rubezh.jpg

4K52 Rubezh (2).jpg

ATS-59G Sakr-36 MLRS
ATS-59G.png

BMP-1 (super low quality)
BMP-1 (1).png

HMMWV TOW
HMMWV.png

M60 (a few had also KMT-4 minerollers)
M60 (2).png

M60 (5).jpg

M60 with KMT-4.png

M113 (also recovery variant and ambulance)
M113.jpg

456310.jpg

M113 recovery.png
M113 (1).png

M113, M60.png

T-54 modification with KMT-4 minerollers
T-54 KMT-4 (2).png

T-54 KMT-4.png

MT-55 bridgelayer (?)
T-55 most.png

T-55E MkII Ramses
T-55E MkII (9).jpg

And display, not sure of exact year but vehicles are sporting early 2000s camouflage used till 2012 (this year it became rare, most of the vehicles were repainted)
From front: T-55E MkII, M-46 130mm howitzers, BMP-1, BTR-50/OT-62, M48 Chaparral, some prime movers I don't recognise, SPH-122 and 4K51 Rubezh
T-55E MkII.jpg

Last edited:
I'm mainly interested in vehicles, so I most of the times only download those. Anyway, here is my collection. I have a lot of photos from Arab spring, but I won't post these, they are available at Milinme blog.
Here's the rest I have, sorry for spamming, guys. If you have more pictures, specially of vehicles from this period, I would be very grateful. Also a lot of the photos have terrible quality, unfortunately I cannot do anything about it.

ZSU-23-4 Shilka
ZSU-23-4.jpg

SA-3
SA-3.jpg

HAWK
Hawk.jpg

M109
M109 (2).png

M109.png

SM-4-1 130mm
Unknown.png

M-46 130mm
M-46 (2).png

M-46.png

M-46 (1).png

And only picture from 90s I have, T-55E MkII Ramses
T-55E MkII (10) - kopie.jpg

AIO is going to produce this 30mm RWS in the future under license from Spain.

Use this on Sinai-200, and you have an IFV capable of replacing older BMPs with a capable platform that can destroy tanks and armored vehicles.

You can theoretically replace the T-62 turret with something like this, and use it as a heavy IFV. It would have much higher armor than BMP or Bradley’s. A concept like this would have saved many soldiers lives in the Sinai if the vehicle is up armored with composite and ERA using the weight savings from the turret removal.

@Gomig-21

1651180630831.jpeg

1651180663988.jpeg

@Kellar777

Are you Abdelrahman ElGhawas on twitter? Because your name is Kellar 777 and his name on twitter is Kellar 999

Ofc those people will not give us the AIM-260 JATM if we concluded the deal of F-15. @Gomig-21
I think only close US Allie’s will get the AIM-260 such as UK, Australia, and Canada.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom