What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I don't know, guys, these men were super brave to go to war in these death traps!
Imagine 4 burly MEN fitting in that tight, heap of cheaply made thin metal!?

The description for this pic says it's Egyptian but I think it might be Iraqi?

View attachment 837235

Hard to find more recent pics of Egyptian T-62s. If anyone has any, please post them.
I think the problem of the old soviets tanks doctrine is that to have small sized tanks. Small sized tank=easily to build more so quantity. Best thing in a military is that more quantity and quality.

Look at the production K2 Black Pather there is only 250 produced so I don't think that we will surpass SK in numbers of K2 BP. It will be hard to do it. I think we will get only 200 tanks.
Don't forget the Egyptian capacity to make the Abrams.. those production lines can be easily adjusted to make the K2 BP.. in the hundreds..and eventually in the thousands.. Just get the license..

Indeed. Then again, CAATSA will always rear it's ugly head and any further deals with Russia will have to wait a very long time, unfortunately. This war hasn't helped their cause, either.

Close to 2,500 +/- M60s. That is a lot no doubt, especially with over 1,100 Abrams.

I think those are only in the 100s, maybe 250 or 300 at the most. A lot of them have been put away and mostly replaced with M1A1s, especially the republican guard units.
Egypt maintains one of the largest fleets of M60s – and has some 300 M60A1 and 850 M60A3 variants still in service..

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/m60-rules-check-out-senior-tank-keeps-going-war-180203

There is video when our MoD visited a place where the army showed up news weapons (RCWS and new Maadi rifle with optic). It wasn't during an international exhibtion but a local. I think there we discoverd that we produced locally Eagle RCWS from Spain. Does anyone have this photo or video?

According to Mahmoud Gamal, Egypt didn't sign the contract so we will wait to see if it is true yes or no

Egypt Reportedly Signs Contract for 500 Russian T-90MS Tanks​

https://militaryleak.com/2020/06/28/egypt-bought-500-of-russian-t-90ms-main-battle-tank/

T-90MS Tagil :" Russia's Hybrid Armata "​

Very interesting: Check this before any criticim of the the Egyptian choice of the T-90 MS

There is video when our MoD visited a place where the army showed up news weapons (RCWS and new Maadi rifle with optic). It wasn't during an international exhibtion but a local. I think there we discoverd that we produced locally Eagle RCWS from Spain. Does anyone have this photo or video?
It was already announced in EDEX 21

Last edited:
It was already announced in EDEX 21
Ik but what i am talking was like last july august.

FFiKGOpXsAwJk0J

Does anyone know what is the name of optics and specifcation?

There are other systems for monitoring and imaging as well. Note that there is a computer for the missions of the soldiers on the shelves

choice because you need to produce millions rifles. Plus the conscripts are ready to use them?
For me it would be better to have Maadi Mark II to conscripts and CZ Bren 2 to our officers.
Sorry... I don’t settle for “lows” and neither should Egypt’s Military.
Maadis can never be used for marksmanship for example, something our conscripts must be capable of doing in the near future.
The Maadi Mark II’s range, recoil and rate of fire is inferior even to the M16 carbine... there are no two ways about that.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom