What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Sorry... I don’t settle for “lows” and neither should Egypt’s Military.
Maadis can never be used for marksmanship for example, something our conscripts must be capable of doing in the near future.
The Maadi Mark II’s range, recoil and rate of fire is inferior even to the M16 carbine... there are no two ways about that.
I am with you but will the Army accept yes or no that is the question. I hope to have a new modern AR. Ya3ni for you Maadis Mark II can't be the standard rifle of the Egyptian Army?

Sorry... I don’t settle for “lows” and neither should Egypt’s Military.
Maadis can never be used for marksmanship for example, something our conscripts must be capable of doing in the near future.
The Maadi Mark II’s range, recoil and rate of fire is inferior even to the M16 carbine... there are no two ways about that.
So you want us to abandon the maadi and the new macheine gun that was converted to the highest preforming ak round in order to adopt 5.45 NATO? Doing that for the bren itself and its not that high of a preforming rifile is not good and unnessacry to get 100mm of extra firing range that your average solider will never do that job is reserved for macheine gunners and apcs

So you want us to abandon the maadi and the new macheine gun that was converted to the highest preforming ak round in order to adopt 5.45 NATO? Doing that for the bren itself and its not that high of a preforming rifile is not good and unnessacry to get 100mm of extra firing range that your average solider will never do that job is reserved for macheine gunners and apcs
Tell me more about the conversions that were related to the chamber of the Maadi, I’m listening...
I’ve didn’t state that Egypt should go for 5.56 though I highly believe it should. Either way the Bren 2 can fire both calibers (AFAIK depending on the buyers request).
100mm of extra firing range that your average solider will never do that job is reserved for macheine gunners and apcs
APCs would easily be destroyed by tanks and ATGMs, you must understand that in land warfare, especially in Egypt’s case, it’s a first shoot first kill, simply translated into gunnery with better range and accuracy. Such is applied to tanks and infantry is no exception to this “rule”. AK designs, with their stock fusion to the rest of the rifles body, are obviously horrible when it comes to recoil, hence are terribly inaccurate when it comes to automatic firing. Perhaps you’d like to declare automatic firing as something useless for infantry too?

Either way, attached below is a brochure for the Mark II;
14465121-FA32-4474-B40F-C8090136E998.jpeg

The Mark II with two locally produced optics:
003863C2-0028-46EC-A351-9971A92BC419.jpeg

B96710C8-52CC-4279-B8F8-E221BBFEDC21.jpeg

And side to side with the early gen Maadi Misr in Factory 300
24387BA0-3260-4915-8132-51A0F57DF86F.jpeg

Great pic of really well-maintained K-8 of the Silver Stars aerobatic demonstration team. Maybe someday they'll fly F-16s and really put on an even better show.

1650827886217.png

Members of the Navy SOF during a tactical firearms training exercise.

1650828011130.png

1650828031902.png

ENS Taba and its very cool insignia.

1650828089915.png

1650828123347.png

This is pretty cool; we've seen the 203rd Tactical Fighter Wing Storm patch, but this is the first time seeing the Rafale SQ34 Wild Wolves patch.

1650828269220.png

Sa'ka squad performing salaat prior to heading out on a training mission.

1650828185268.png

@The SC , I stumbled on this rarity here from 2003 taken from the USS Destroyer Deyo as it was transiting the Suez Canal and in the background, one of the very few left-over water-cannon flushed penetrations of the "vaunted" bar lev line lol. Not sure how many are left as of today, if anyone knows please tell us I'd love to know how many they've preserved along with one or two of the enemy fortresses that they've turned into museums. You can actually take tours and see how they lived in these fortresses and bunkers and these water cannon flushed out sections are right adjacent to those fortresses as Shazly planned the penetrating locations purposely so that once they got through, they would be close to them and could raid the fortresses and seize them quickly. The constant artillery pounding from the west bank by the artillery battalions did a number on many of those forts and flattened the majority of them out. But I do believe that 2 or more survived mostly undamaged and are very cool museum attractions now.

But to see this here is just as neat, for it certainly serves as a reminder of how high and steep that POS sand wall was that cost them $1 million to erect at the time and they thought it would take Egyptian soldiers 3 days to cut or bomb their way through it while they burned any soldiers attempting to cross the canal on rubber dinghies with their underwater flammable pipes! But again, Shazly outsmarted them and had the navy special forces block all the outlets with cement under the cloak of darkness. Some great planning by that military genius and what a shame that Sadat had to butt heads with him and relieve him at the worst possible time of the war. Subject for another day, but Sadat made HUGE blunders in that war and had his ego not gotten the best of him, it would've been an even more decisive victory with the Israelis suffering a lot more casualties than they did. It certainly wouldn't have ended the way it did, that's for sure.

I hope a few of these penetrations are still there today.

1650828624983.png

Some great planning by that military genius and what a shame that Sadat had to butt heads with him and relieve him at the worst possible time of the war. Subject for another day, but Sadat made HUGE blunders in that war and had his ego not gotten the best of him, it would've been an even more decisive victory with the Israelis suffering a lot more casualties than they did. It certainly wouldn't have ended the way it did, that's for sure.
Honestly, Sadat wasn't wrong in this situation because Abdel Hakim Amer ordered a fast retreat without plan so it distubed the Army structure in Sinai. So if Sadat ordered a retreat then the Third Army will have the same trauma of 67 and they will retreat like animals without organization. But in meantime Shazly was right. Today if the Army ordered to retreat we will not the same trauma or anything like the Army of 73. One of the most factor to win a war is the high moral. If they retreated then it will blow the moral of the Third Army. They will say this battalion is retreating so we must retreat.

Great pic of really well-maintained K-8 of the Silver Stars aerobatic demonstration team. Maybe someday they'll fly F-16s and really put on an even better show.

View attachment 837624

Members of the Navy SOF during a tactical firearms training exercise.

View attachment 837626

View attachment 837627

ENS Taba and its very cool insignia.

View attachment 837628

View attachment 837629

This is pretty cool; we've seen the 203rd Tactical Fighter Wing Storm patch, but this is the first time seeing the Rafale SQ34 Wild Wolves patch.

View attachment 837632

Sa'ka squad performing salaat prior to heading out on a training mission.

View attachment 837631

@The SC , I stumbled on this rarity here from 2003 taken from the USS Destroyer Deyo as it was transiting the Suez Canal and in the background, one of the very few left-over water-cannon flushed penetrations of the "vaunted" bar lev line lol. Not sure how many are left as of today, if anyone knows please tell us I'd love to know how many they've preserved along with one or two of the enemy fortresses that they've turned into museums. You can actually take tours and see how they lived in these fortresses and bunkers and these water cannon flushed out sections are right adjacent to those fortresses as Shazly planned the penetrating locations purposely so that once they got through, they would be close to them and could raid the fortresses and seize them quickly. The constant artillery pounding from the west bank by the artillery battalions did a number on many of those forts and flattened the majority of them out. But I do believe that 2 or more survived mostly undamaged and are very cool museum attractions now.

But to see this here is just as neat, for it certainly serves as a reminder of how high and steep that POS sand wall was that cost them $1 million to erect at the time and they thought it would take Egyptian soldiers 3 days to cut or bomb their way through it while they burned any soldiers attempting to cross the canal on rubber dinghies with their underwater flammable pipes! But again, Shazly outsmarted them and had the navy special forces block all the outlets with cement under the cloak of darkness. Some great planning by that military genius and what a shame that Sadat had to butt heads with him and relieve him at the worst possible time of the war. Subject for another day, but Sadat made HUGE blunders in that war and had his ego not gotten the best of him, it would've been an even more decisive victory with the Israelis suffering a lot more casualties than they did. It certainly wouldn't have ended the way it did, that's for sure.

I hope a few of these penetrations are still there today.

View attachment 837633
I live in the area and there are many places with the same picture, there are many of them and they are still there.
As for the places of the fortress, there is a fortress of Tebah Al-Shajara in Ismailia and another fortress in Oyoun Musa in Suez, and it is allowed to visit them

images (10).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

images (8).jpeg

تنزيل.jpeg

The Ismaili tree burrows to a depth of 15 km

images (14).jpeg
images (13).jpeg
تنزيل (3).jpeg
تنزيل (2).jpeg

تنزيل (1).jpeg

Moussa’s eyes in Suez, and unfortunately, this point was the one that bombed the place where the martyr Ibrahim Al-Rifai was located.

Last edited:
According to one of the firearm bloggers the CZ Bren 2 he was trying out in his video was destined for a professional military and the order was apparently cancelled.

@joker87 do you think it was Egypt that cancelled a CZ Bren 2 order?

72B42DD5-9304-47D1-983B-E208A72044AE.jpeg

These are the designs of locally produced vests/armours. The company producing these has the capacity to produce 60,000 vests/armours and 15,000 helmets a year. The design of the locally produced helmets however is undisclosed from the company’s side.

Last edited:
According to one of the firearm bloggers the CZ Bren 2 he was trying out in his video was destined for a professional military and the order was apparently cancelled.

View attachment 837660
These are the designs of locally produced vests/armours. The company producing these has the capacity to produce 60,000 vests/armours and 15,000 helmets a year. The design of the locally produced helmets however is undisclosed from the company’s side.
The ones in top left are toooo bulky

View attachment 837660
This is what you were talking about, it was circulated to the Paratroopers and the Republican Guard

FB_IMG_1639251369334.jpg
276996583_1782563265271233_2040562355042547303_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom