What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

One thing is for sure..there are two new tanks needed.. one to replace the old Western M-60 (which is in big numbers in Egypt)..and another one to replace the old Eastern MBTs T54/55/62.. (which are in big numbers too)..
For you what is the perfect succesor for our T-54/55/62 MBT tanks? Because we didn't sing the T-90 deal so no T-90 for us until today.
You think How many K2 BP will buy and produce locally if we (Egypt and SK) accepted the deal?

For you what is the perfect succesor for our T-54/55/62 MBT tanks? Because we didn't sing the T-90 deal so no T-90 for us until today.
You think How many K2 BP will buy and produce locally if we (Egypt and SK) accepted the deal?
maybe 200 increase that number further down the line

The ideal one will be the Armata.. second choice is the T-90MS ..not any T-90 but the MS..

Most likely start with 250 to 500 K2s and increment the numbers to match the Abrams or even more..

Last edited:
maybe 200 increase that number further down the line
Look at the production K2 Black Pather there is only 250 produced so I don't think that we will surpass SK in numbers of K2 BP. It will be hard to do it. I think we will get only 200 tanks.

I will be amazing if Egypt gets its production license..

Indeed. Then again, CAATSA will always rear it's ugly head and any further deals with Russia will have to wait a very long time, unfortunately. This war hasn't helped their cause, either.

One thing is for sure..there are two new tanks needed.. one to replace the old Western M-60 (which is in big numbers in Egypt).

Close to 2,500 +/- M60s. That is a lot no doubt, especially with over 1,100 Abrams.

and another one to replace the old Eastern MBTs T54/55/62.. (which are in big numbers too)..

I think those are only in the 100s, maybe 250 or 300 at the most. A lot of them have been put away and mostly replaced with M1A1s, especially the republican guard units.

Look at the production K2 Black Pather there is only 250 produced so I don't think that we will surpass SK in numbers of K2 BP. It will be hard to do it. I think we will get only 200 tanks.
probably the negotiations took a long time probablyy because off the cost

probably the negotiations took a long time probablyy because off the cost
I think we will have them next year or two years or maybe even more than that. Look at the K9 deal it took so long from 2017 until 2021.

Why is Egypt buying 500 T-90 when you have 1000+ M1 Abrams?

Couple of reasons. The first was to eventually replace the few hundred T-55s and T-62s and then possibly some of the older M60s that were upgraded to M60A3s. A lot of those tanks are very old.

The other big reason was that it was to be a ToT contract which would open up jobs and bring more tank assembly experience to Egypt. There was also a rumor that they might be a gateway to introducing a market into central African countries through Egypt, but I think that was only a rumor.

The 1967 war and especially the 1973 October war proved that tanks are critical in defending the Sinai from land-thieving enemies. So the Egyptian Army puts a lot of stock into tank warfare which makes up a huge part of the rapid response forces. That branch was created strictly to rapidly push armor of all types and specifically tanks across the Suez Canal to stop and prevent another invasion of the peninsula. Hence the emphasis on a very large tank army as well as other armored vehicles of all types.

Couple of reasons. The first was to eventually replace the few hundred T-55s and T-62s and then possibly some of the older M60s that were upgraded to M60A3s. A lot of those tanks are very old.

The other big reason was that it was to be a ToT contract which would open up jobs and bring more tank assembly experience to Egypt. There was also a rumor that they might be a gateway to introducing a market into central African countries through Egypt, but I think that was only a rumor.

The 1967 war and especially the 1973 October war proved that tanks are critical in defending the Sinai from land-thieving enemies. So the Egyptian Army puts a lot of stock into tank warfare which makes up a huge part of the rapid response forces. That branch was created strictly to rapidly push armor of all types and specifically tanks across the Suez Canal to stop and prevent another invasion of the peninsula. Hence the emphasis on a very large tank army as well as other armored vehicles of all types.
If we can, standardize on 3 mbts, the m1a2 "egy", k2 egy, and t90ms. Throw away all of the t54 and 55s and have those be armored supply vehicles.
As for the t62s, cause they aren't just normal t62s, they're special varients, should be converted to special logistical vehicles

Do you think guys that maybe we will produce locally CZ AR series in Egypt?
Well I hope...

The CZ Bren 2 will be way better than the Maadi Mark II undoubtedly, and would be a really good service rifle.

And no, no T-90s for Egypt’s Armoured Corps. The K2 BP is very likely to be the next “thing” for Egypt.

The CZ Bren 2 will be way better than the Maadi Mark II undoubtedly, and would be a really good service rifle.
I think to produce CZ Bren 2 will be expensive choice because you need to produce millions rifles. Plus the conscripts are ready to use them?
For me it would be better to have Maadi Mark II to conscripts and CZ Bren 2 to our officers.

The Abrams prepared it after the last deal 1310. As for why T90 contracted by Egypt, that is to replace the eastern and the Misteral because it is lighter and more mobile, some of which will go with it
I think, according to the Russians, that this year we should receive 200 tanks from them

I don't know, guys, these men were super brave to go to war in these death traps!
Imagine 4 burly MEN fitting in that tight, heap of cheaply made thin metal!?

The description for this pic says it's Egyptian but I think it might be Iraqi?

1650761021365.png

Hard to find more recent pics of Egyptian T-62s. If anyone has any, please post them.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom