What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

So which R-77 or K-77 do we use?

We have what the Russians call:
RVV-AE (izdeliye 190) – Export model of the R-77. The missile has a maximum range of 80 kilometers (50 mi) with 22.5 kg warhead

Why they didn't purchase the:
RVV-SD – Export model of the R-77-1. The missile has a maximum range of 110 kilometers (68 mi) with 22.5 kg warhead

And why they chose to get only the AE variant and not the BETTER SD variant puzzles the daylights out of me.

Now before anyone starts claiming they do or must have the SD in stock just that they don't show it, I don't believe that and we haven't seen a single picture with any of the MiG-29M/Ms carrying the SD variant. Even in Russia they were testing the AE model and all the available pics in Egypt are also the AE model.

When I get some more time, I'll be happy to show you the distinct difference between the two and how I was able to determine that only the AE is in the EAF inventory.

With all these sanctions? Will USA let us buy new MIGs or even Russia have the capability despite all these sanctions to build more aircraft?

Mysterious Egyptian naval contracts include 3 Berghamini frigates, 3 MEKO frigates

Let's hope they increase the numbers of the Bergamini and keep the Mekos at 4 or 6 whatever they're at now. But the consensus in Egypt with most analysts and pundits is the Bergamini are just much stouter, stronger and more powerful than the German frigates. We know one thing, for sure: they're so much sexier looking!

New pic of Al Galala in its recent trip to Italia for some new EW hard and software as well as a few other upgrades.

1650666978313.png

Let's hope they increase the numbers of the Bergamini and keep the Mekos at 4 or 6 whatever they're at now. But the consensus in Egypt with most analysts and pundits is the Bergamini are just much stouter, stronger and more powerful than the German frigates. We know one thing, for sure: they're so much sexier looking!

New pic of Al Galala in its recent trip to Italia for some new EW hard and software as well as a few other upgrades.

View attachment 836861
Brother the Majestic Berghamini is a destroyer.. they are just hiding that fact.. while the Meko are heavy frigates.. they are both excellent in their roles .. not to forget the Gowind corvettes.. for an almost complete picture..

Which Chinese ones?

Anti tank systems​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Egyptian_Army#Anti_tank_systems

Last edited:
Is he talking about Aster-30 missiles etc... because I don't think about Meteor because we have from MBDA France. @Gomig-21 can Egypt mount Meteor missiles from MBDA Italy for our Rafales or it must be from MBDA France?

Is he talking about Aster-30 missiles etc... because I don't think about Meteor because we have from MBDA France. @Gomig-21 can Egypt mount Meteor missiles from MBDA Italy for our Rafales or it must be from MBDA France?
"while the forecast for 2022 is "a further increase of at least 100 net resources". Hence Mariani adds: “The revenues are higher than expected and the deliveries are ahead of the budget of the first three months thanks to the Dcc, Ppa programs and the milestones linked to Meteor”. The Mbda Group is carrying out important campaigns on the export front: contracts for the updating of Aspide systems in Kuwait and the sale of arms to Egypt have already been signed. "We await its effectiveness - underlines Mbda Italia's CEO - and in any case we do not see any problems in terms of authorization procedures, which are practically completed". Then the announcement: "The campaign for the sale of Camm-Er missiles to a foreign country, whose contract could be signed this year, is at an advanced stage.""

I would say yes, most likely. As opposed to from who, MICA? I think MBDA is the sole provider for the Meteor even though it's a conglomerate effort between 4 different groups, still, it's a universal missile if I'm not mistaken.

Do you think guys that maybe we will produce locally CZ AR series in Egypt?

Back
Top Bottom