What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Most likely the UAE will buy MILKOR 380 (UCAV) with some Tot or even to produce it locally. Plus we already saw that they mounted Desert Sting on this UCAV.

What do you mean by Desert Sting? I have no idea what that is? M3lesh ana asef. I'm guessing it's a type of munition?
fpr_1193_2021_11_15.jpg

They are similar as MAM-L (Turkey). They are precision guided munitions. I am sure @Philip the Arab can explain more

Egypt manufactures American and Russian anti-tank missiles

How Desert Sting and Thunder add to UAE defence armoury​

Malyutka or AT-3 Sagger are so obsolete in modern warfare. Egypt can't rely on them that's why need to their replacement in our inventory.

They are similar as MAM-L (Turkey). They are precision guided munitions. I am sure @Philip the Arab can explain more
Yeah, they are in production already.

1650585428024.jpeg

But, they are unpropelled glide munitions for use from drones and light attack aircraft. There are 3 variants with various warhead sizes.

Most likely the UAE will buy MILKOR 380 (UCAV) with some Tot or even to produce it locally. Plus we already saw that they mounted Desert Sting on this UCAV.
They have the Reach-S under development. And probably something larger in the future.

@Ghostkiller Yabhon is defunct, they aren’t producing anything in the UAE anymore.

Still, I do think that UAE will eventually pursue heavyweight new UCAVs about the size of the MQ-9.

@Ghostkiller Yabhon is defunct, they aren’t producing anything in the UAE anymore.

Still, I do think that UAE will eventually pursue heavyweight new UCAVs about the size of the MQ-9.
They are only selling exports licence of Yabhon series to others countries (Egypt, Algeria etc...) but not producing for their Air Force?

fpr_1193_2021_11_15.jpg

Malyutka or AT-3 Sagger are so obsolete in modern warfare. Egypt can't rely on them that's why need to their replacement in our inventory.
Egypt can still rely on them for special purposes as anti- armored vehicles like IFVs (less the tanks of course):

- The SAGGER is capable of engaging targets at ranges of 500 to 3,000 meters and can penetrate over 400 mm of armor..
- The wire-guided missile is invulnerable to electronic countermeasures and has a very small percentage of malfunctions..
- Egypt makes the improved SAGGER-C that was fitted with semi-automatic command line of sight (SACLOS) guidance..

Egypt can still rely on them for special purposes as anti- armored vehicles like IFVs (less the tanks of course):

- The SAGGER is capable of engaging targets at ranges of 500 to 3,000 meters and can penetrate over 400 mm of armor..
- The wire-guided missile is invulnerable to electronic countermeasures and has a very small percentage of malfunctions..
- Egypt makes the improved SAGGER-C that was fitted with semi-automatic command line of sight (SACLOS) guidance..
Ok but they can't be our first ATGM for our infantry. We must put them in reserve so we can replace. In times of war if there is we can use them. The best choice will be to upgrade them like exactly the Serbian variant.
Ya3ni those Saggers will be obsolete against Merkavas M1A series etc...

Mysterious Egyptian naval contracts include 3 Berghamini frigates, 3 MIKO frigates

So I asked, is he with us here? The sources I rely on are the ones I attached and soon he will talk about the MiG-29 and the possibility of modifying it according to the mission
Miko's deal is important and honest in what he said. As for Frame Bergamini's deal, there is nothing about it. If you attach a video, can someone translate its content because it contains information that could lead to something important

Ok but they can't be our first ATGM for our infantry. We must put them in reserve so we can replace. In times of war if there is we can use them. The best choice will be to upgrade them like exactly the Serbian variant.
Ya3ni those Saggers will be obsolete against Merkavas M1A series etc...
Yes that is why I said ..less the modern tanks obviously.. but they are still very dangerous for other armored vehicles.. since they can penetrate up to 400 mm armor.. so why put them in reserve.. the new modern ATGMs will be used exclusively against the modern tanks..

So I asked, is he with us here? The sources I rely on are the ones I attached and soon he will talk about the MiG-29 and the possibility of modifying it according to the mission
Miko's deal is important and honest in what he said. As for Frame Bergamini's deal, there is nothing about it. If you attach a video, can someone translate its content because it contains information that could lead to something important

The sources are open to everyone on the net..

I assume most Egyptians here can understand Arabic.. I do translate the title of the video but it will be too much ..translating it entirely..

People who are interested and can't understand Arabic.. can google the title.. and find out about the content..

Last edited:
Yes that is why I said ..less the modern thanks obviously.. but they are still very dangerous for other armored vehicles.. sice they can penetrate up to 400 mm armor.. so why put them in reserve.. the new modern ATGMs will be used exclusively against the modern tanks..

Store them for use against less armored vehicles and dugout (bunkers). Would be my guess.

Back
Top Bottom