What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

f15 could be version c
88A5BDA1-7709-4B72-AE3A-55263E7EEA4C.jpeg

Su-35S manufactured for Egypt but not delivered! lol. This is the same one testing the 6 targeting pods on all wing pylons.

View attachment 836072
The training is still going on and the videos that I attached note the operational number
IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٤٢٠_١٨٠٠١٨.jpg
IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٤٢٠_١٧٥٨٣٨.jpg
IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٤٢٠_١٧٥٧٢٥.jpg
IMG_٢٠٢٢٠٤٢٠_١٧٥٦١٢.jpg

This video is in March
As for the Kalashnikov, only 11 days ago, the same fighter was in the hangar for modifications during the flight

Screenshot_2022-04-20-03-10-44-89_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

There are two brochures for fighter manufacturing lines for those responsible for assembly, installation and quality tests, such as what we do in the manufacture or maintenance of engines to find out manufacturing or maintenance defects

Do you know any? For example upgrades of M1A1 fleets and others?
Abrams upgrades aren't that big for m1a2
As for the development of the F16, it will be in large numbers to Block 52, and it will be in Egypt in partnership with a company from Portugal. Egypt will not send fighters to America again

Abrams upgrades aren't that big for m1a2
As for the development of the F16, it will be in large numbers to Block 52, and it will be in Egypt in partnership with a company from Portugal. Egypt will not send fighters to America again
I didn't understand the first part about M1A2 tanks
And for F-16, with the upgrades, we will get AIM-120 missile?

I didn't understand the first part about M1A2 tanks
And for F-16, with the upgrades, we will get AIM-120 missile?
Abrams upgrades aren't as big as expected
As for new ammunition, I do not know, frankly, for sure

@joker87 do you think Egypt ended the Eurofighter negotiations? I think that if the EAF doesn’t get F-15EX and AMRAAMs Egypt will increase Rafale orders and order Eurofighters (possibly locally produce them given a mouth watering deal is offered to Italy).

Interesting observation by you. I think most people figured the options would've been strictly between the F-15EX or the Su-35S. The EFT didn't seem like it would be an option only because it was mentioned as part of the Mega Italian Deal:

-6 Frigates including 2x confirmed FREMM Bergamini
- 24 M-346 trainer jets
- 24 Eurofighter Typhoon jets
- 20 Falaj II OPV
- 1 Military Satellite

It seems they decided only on the 2-4 FREMMs and none of the other items, which suggests that they probably weren't too keen on introducing another fighter that had very similar qualities and capabilities as the Rafale. Might as well order more Rafales and look for the heavy, air supremacy fighter in either the F-15 or the Su-35. It seems like (to me anyway) that they will (and should) go with the F-15, provided these 3 items are included in the package: AMRAAMs (for the block 52 F-16s also and at least 75 block 40s), the AESA radar in the F-15s and JDAM kits for the Mark 82s & 84s. But that's just me!

Which variant you wanted for our Air Force? Because F-15EX we can't have that aircraft.

Why not, bro? That's pretty much what the production line is strictly relegated to building. And the Saudi S & especially the Qatari F-15QA are pretty much the same thing as the EX, just with slight changes and different designations. Mostly the S is for Saudi and the QA for Qatar. Even the radar in the QA is the same that is destined for the EX. The only main difference is the airframe for the EX is rated for a ridiculous 20,000 hours while the others are around 8,000 hrs.

The QA is based on the F-15SA that is in production for Saudi Arabia, and has the same fly-by-wire flight control system introduced by the Saudi version. It also has Raytheon’s APG-63(V)3 AESA radar, Lockheed Martin AAS-42 Tiger Eyes infrared search and track system, a redesigned internal wing structure, and two additional wing hardpoints that allow it to carry up to 16 AIM-120 AMRAAM air-to-air missiles.

Where the F-15QA differs is that it is the first version to feature a new BAE Systems head-up display and a single wide-area cockpit display that replaces the multiple screens of previous variants.
Boeing has also installed a new mission computer and a digital electronic warfare suite.

The mission computer is one of the critical features for the EW suite and if it's in the Saudi & Qatari F-15s, there shouldn't be any problem with the EAF insisting on that (and all the previously mentioned items) to be part of any potential EAF F-15 order. Especially if the US is strong-arming the EAF from the Su-35.

The training is still going on and the videos that I attached note the operational number

"Testing" with Russian test pilots, not training.

As for the Kalashnikov, only 11 days ago, the same fighter was in the hangar for modifications during the flight

Ya3ni eh "Kalashnikov"? Ana mesh fahem azdak keda?
Bos ya Basha, all I am saying is that it will be one or the other. Either they get the Su-35 and cancel the F-15 or get the F-15 and cancel the Su-35. They will never get both because the US will not deliver any F-15s if the EAF decided to buy the Su-35. That's the main thing.

It also seems to me like they have already decided to go with the F-15 because of several very important reasons:

1) Let's face it, the F-15 in most of its versions is a better aircraft than the Su-35S.
2) They can negotiate several weapons' systems that will also enhance the F-16 fleet.
5) Easily integrated to & with the majority of systems in the EAF which are western.
3) I'm pretty sure Sisi doesn't want any sanctions from the hateful Biden administration.
4) General McKenzie very confident about supplying the EAF with F-15s.
5) None of the items above apply to the purchase of the Su-35S.

Drawbacks:

- If the EAF has to pay for the majority of the F-15s, then it will be very costly.
36 Qatari F-15QAs cost $6.1 billion!!! I think that was even without training AND weapons! But not 100% sure, need to look it up.

- 30 Su-35SEs including training and possibly weapons was for $2.1 billion. 3x cheaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom