What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I guess it must be true, then. Good spot by you. If you look at this pic of Al Galala, the angle shows the empty bin aft of the active one but it's empty. It doesn't have any hatches like the 16 in the forward one because it's probably vacant and that must be where the 2nd batch of 16 cells would go. You really have to look hard to see it, maybe even enlarge the pic on your screen to get a better look and see it.

View attachment 835652

I guess there would also be the option of adding the additional 16 to both of these ships and maybe that's one of the items on the list of things to be done during this current trip of Al Galala to Italy, along with the non-Nato comms and the custom Egyptian navy EW system. It wouldn't make sense to have 2 ships with 16 VLS cells and 2 with 36.

On another note, I saw a video on the new Viper attack helicopter for the US Marine Corps and I started thinking that maybe this is an excellent alternative for the Ka-52Ks that were supposedly going to be the ones they were purchasing for the Mistrals. These things are loaded and fire the Hellfire missiles as well as the AIM-9X and I think the Harpoon block 2 & 3. Their radars are also AESA and supposedly have the latest, advanced avionics suite. This might be a better fit all around for the Mistrals and the EGY Navy as well as the EAF, bringing excellent compatibility with the Apache fleet.

View attachment 835654

View attachment 835655

The only problem is how long the US takes to approve these FMSs. But it's not like the Katrans would be any faster at this point in time. We don't even know what the status is with the tender they signed for the 32 helicopters. Granted, those would also be very compatible with the Ka-52 Crocodiles, but there always will be the western compatibility factor that would favor western platforms.

New pic of Al Aziz Meko A200 (904) Frigate for the EN. The first of 4.

View attachment 835658
What you are referring to is not a place for cells, but this is a place for an easy-to-install winch with a payload of 1.3 tons to reload the cannon and Aster 15 missiles due to the weight of the winch, and this is only in the latest versions of the Bergamini of them for the Egyptian Navy
Miko number is 6, not 4

What you are referring to is not a place for cells, but this is a place for an easy-to-install winch with a payload of 1.3 tons to reload the cannon and Aster 15 missiles due to the weight of the winch,

That makes sense but don't they load the missiles with a winch/crane from the dock, not from the ship's deck? The weight of the crane is usually a safety concern, that's why most frigates load off the dock.

Also, where would the extra 16 cells go then? That is the only available space to add 16 more VLS cells to make it 32?

This is one of the two Algerian Meko A200s and look at the additional 16 VLSs. Exactly where I mentioned they should go, in that space.

1650327919533.png

Miko number is 6, not 4

That was the original number that the EGY navy wanted, but they settled for 4. The total contract value is 2.1 billion euros, and each Meko is a little over 500 million Euros for a total of 2.1 billion. The first 3 built in Germany and the 4th in Alexandria. This is as of the latest contract info.

On the sidelines of the second edition of Egypt International Defense Exhibition EDEX-2021, the Egyptian military-owned Alexandria shipyard announced that the construction process of the fourth and last Egyptian Navy MEKO A200 frigates has started at the company’s construction facility in Alexandria, in cooperation with the Germany-based Thysskenkrupp (TKMS).

The Egyptian contract was estimated to be at a total cost of 2 billion euros (each frigate worth €500 million)

Last edited:
That makes sense but don't they load the missiles with a winch/crane from the dock, not from the ship's deck? The weight of the crane is usually a safety concern, that's why most frigates load off the dock.

Also, where would the extra 16 cells go then? That is the only available space to add 16 more VLS cells to make it 32?

This is one of the two Algerian Meko A200s and look at the additional 16 VLSs. Exactly where I mentioned they should go, in that space.

View attachment 835688

That was the original number that the EGY navy wanted, but they settled for 4. The total contract value is 2.1 billion euros, and each Meko is a little over 500 million Euros for a total of 2.1 billion. The first 3 built in Germany and the 4th in Alexandria. This is as of the latest contract info.

On the sidelines of the second edition of Egypt International Defense Exhibition EDEX-2021, the Egyptian military-owned Alexandria shipyard announced that the construction process of the fourth and last Egyptian Navy MEKO A200 frigates has started at the company’s construction facility in Alexandria, in cooperation with the Germany-based Thysskenkrupp (TKMS).

The Egyptian contract was estimated to be at a total cost of 2 billion euros (each frigate worth €500 million)

The additional contract was activated before Merkel went with new air defense systems
Miko 6 pieces

Which variant of AIM-9 Sidewinder does our EAF have?
We have the AIM-9M currently active while we the P variant in a disfunctional state probably. Unfortunately the creators of Al Serb were too ignorant to have the AIM-9P on F-16 Block-52s. That’s what happens when the people work in stuff they’re not enthusiastic for, lack attention to details, professionalism or work basics.

We have the AIM-9M currently active while we the P variant in a disfunctional state probably. Unfortunately the creators of Al Serb were too ignorant to have the AIM-9P on F-16 Block-52s. That’s what happens when the people work in stuff they’re not enthusiastic for, lack attention to details, professionalism or work basics.
I didn't watch the film hahaha. What was the problem?

I didn't watch the film hahaha. What was the problem?
The trailer showed F-16s equipped with AIM-9P, which is obsolete by all means in today’s judgement.
In other words, one more embarrassment by the PR of the armed forces...

@joker87 do you think Egypt ended the Eurofighter negotiations? I think that if the EAF doesn’t get F-15EX and AMRAAMs Egypt will increase Rafale orders and order Eurofighters (possibly locally produce them given a mouth watering deal is offered to Italy).

The trailer showed F-16s equipped with AIM-9P, which is obsolete by all means in today’s judgement.
In other words, one more embarrassment by the PR of the armed forces...
Which is better AIM-9P or AIM-9M because ma3lesh ana gahel hahaha

@joker87 do you think Egypt ended the Eurofighter negotiations? I think that if the EAF doesn’t get F-15EX and AMRAAMs Egypt will increase Rafale orders and order Eurofighters (possibly locally produce them given a mouth watering deal is offered to Italy).
Eurofighter Typhoon There is no talk of Egypt going to increase the Rafale after establishing a factory for the production of mica because you have an air and sea crack that needs a lot of ammunition, Gwend, Rafale and Mico
As for talking about the American deal, there is a big deal, but I do not know its details. It is possible, like the days of Abu Ghazaleh, the development of Abrams and F16.
f15 could be version c

Back
Top Bottom