What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Egypt can still rely on them for special purposes as anti- armored vehicles like IFVs (less the tanks of course):

- The SAGGER is capable of engaging targets at ranges of 500 to 3,000 meters and can penetrate over 400 mm of armor..
- The wire-guided missile is invulnerable to electronic countermeasures and has a very small percentage of malfunctions..
- Egypt makes the improved SAGGER-C that was fitted with semi-automatic command line of sight (SACLOS) guidance..
Yknow what can be pentrated with 400mm of chemical enegry in modern warfare? Nothing except mraps and apcs that dont have era on, absloutely useless should uphradr it with serbs or by yourself

Yknow what can be pentrated with 400mm of chemical enegry in modern warfare? Nothing except mraps and apcs that dont have era on, absloutely useless should uphradr it with serbs or by yourself
Exactly that was what i am saying. We have to upgrade them to Serbian version which a very good variant (i think) or retire them to buy a new standard ATGM and more advance. For example we can give TOW ATGM for infantry replacing AT-3 missiles and buy news one. Maybe Chinese ATGM (HJ-12) French MMP or even the Belarussian ATGM Shershen.
Today standards we can't use them.

No armored vehicles have ERA on them except tanks.. lol
Egypt already has the ATGMs you've mentioned..and will be making more.. check the threads with Serbia and Belorussia on this section.. it is an open Ali Baba cave for Egypt to chose and develop what it wants and needs..

Last edited:
Egypt already has the ATGMs you've mentioned..and will be making more.. check the threads with serbia and Belorussia on this section.. it is an open Ali Baba cave for Egypt to chose and develop what it wants and needs..
The problem is that they are speculations we don't know if they contracted any of those weapons.

Guys for you, which aircrafts can replace our old Mirage 5-J-6-MIG-21 fleets because we have a lot of them plus we still have the old Alpha Jet and K8 to replace? Maybe K8 no but the others yes.

Mirage 5-J-6-MIG-21
I think they’re all out of operational service, we wanted to sell the Mirages to Pakistan but it’s apparently not going to happen
J-6 aren’t operational, never saw them flyover the last 10 years and we’ve gave the LNA MiG-21s and I think no fly able MiG-21s are in Egypt anymore.
Alpha Jet and K8 to replace? Maybe K8 no but the others yes.
The Alpha Jet can still be useful I guess, the K-8Es are fully operational too and I think Egypt is likely going to buy M-346 trainers from Italy soon.

I think they’re all out of operational service, we wanted to sell the Mirages to Pakistan but it’s apparently not going to happen
J-6 aren’t operational, never saw them flyover the last 10 years and we’ve gave the LNA MiG-21s and I think no fly able MiG-21s are in Egypt anymore.

The Alpha Jet can still be useful I guess, the K-8Es are fully operational too and I think Egypt is likely going to buy M-346 trainers from Italy soon.
I saw in a site saying that they are in reserve. Tab anything about the old F-16 Block which aircraft we will replace them or we will just reduce the number of our F-16 fleets

I think Egypt sold some of their MIG-21 to Syrian Air Force.

I think @Ghostkiller meant F-7s not the J-6s. The latter have been retired since the early 80's. Last time we saw one of them flying was in this amazing formation with a couple of US Navy jets in 1982/83.

First in line is the MiG-17 (flown by one of the EAF's greatest pilots) and the 2nd in line is the J-6, the only one painted in the similar blue/grey that they're using today on the MiG-29M/M2.

1650644085498.png

Top of the pic and 3rd on the right side from the leader.

1650644181227.png

This is the Chengdu F-7 which most were stationed at Hurghada used in AIRGUARD role. I think they had something like 60 aircraft IIRC. All put away I believe.

1650644462254.png

Guys for you, which aircrafts can replace our old Mirage 5-J-6-MIG-21 fleets because we have a lot of them plus we still have the old Alpha Jet and K8 to replace? Maybe K8 no but the others yes.

Well, hopefully they'll be able to get the Russians to supply them with the K-77M (which if I'm not mistaken, is the export version of the R-37M dubbed as the AWACs killer) and is essentially a long range missile right up there with the Meteor and will make up for the lack of the AIM-260 when it becomes available.

If the Russians approve and sell 300-500 missiles, then the choice would be to stock up on as many MiG-35s as they possible can afford. 75 aircraft would be ideal to add to the 50 MiG-29M/M2s. That would be my choice since that aircraft will probably not exceed $50 million per unit which is very affordable for what you get.

Also, if the K-77M is most likely the reason why the Israelis are pushing for the US to sell us the F-15s, because they're scared to death of that missile since if their AWACs get taken out, they're basically blind as bats and would be in huge trouble. So, that being said, it will be imperative for the EAF to get that missile with the MiG-35s and if the Su-35 deal gets cancelled for sure, then they'll need to also stock up on R-27ER Medium range (110km+) infra-red seeking missile to compete against any enemy with the AIM-120.

I think @Ghostkiller meant F-7s not the J-6s. The latter have been retired since the early 80's. Last time we saw one of them flying was in this amazing formation with a couple of US Navy jets in 1982/83.
Yes I meant F-7 not J-6 hahaha.
Well, hopefully they'll be able to get the Russians to supply them with the K-77M (which if I'm not mistaken, is the export version of the R-37M dubbed as the AWACs killer) and is essentially a long range missile right up there with the Meteor and will make up for the lack of the AIM-260 when it becomes available.
We have already R-77 BVR missile for our MIG-29M/M2
75 aircraft would be ideal to add to the 50 MiG-29M/M2s. That would be my choice since that aircraft will probably not exceed $50 million per unit which is very affordable for what you get.
You mean to add 75 MIG-35? For me, I think if they will contract a new batch of MIG-29M/M2 it would be at least 50 news fighters.

R-27ER is semi-active missile so FOX-1and not FOX-3.

Last edited:
Yes I meant F-7 not J-6 hahaha.

We have already R-77 BVR missile for our MIG-29M/M2

You mean to add 75 MIG-35? For me, I think if they will contract a new batch of MIG-29M/M2 it would be at least 50 news fighters.

R-27ER is semi-active missile so FOX-1and not FOX-3.

R-77 is not a great missile, especially the one we bought. We didn't even get the better version in the R-77-1 which I'm still shaking my head as to why they settled for the lesser of the two variants'

Yep, 75 MiG-35s because the 35 has the AESA radar, unlike the M/M2 as well as a built-in target designator so they don't have to carry a pod. So some critical benefits to the 35 over the 29.

Sorry I meant R-27EM not ER. The EM has a range of 180km. Even the AE with 120 km, both those are active radar homing variants. They can also get it in the ER since the range (100km) makes up for it being a semi active homing missile.

R-77 is not a great missile, especially the one we bought. We didn't even get the better version in the R-77-1 which I'm still shaking my head as to why they settled for the lesser of the two variants'

Yep, 75 MiG-35s because the 35 has the AESA radar, unlike the M/M2 as well as a built-in target designator so they don't have to carry a pod. So some critical benefits to the 35 over the 29.

Sorry I meant R-27EM not ER. The EM has a range of 180km. Even the AE with 120 km, both those are active radar homing variants. They can also get it in the ER since the range (100km) makes up for it being a semi active homing missile.
Refer to the pictures of the Lions of the Nile maneuver to see the difference in the type of missiles, I will bring you the pictures

images (4).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

images.png

images (6).jpeg

Last edited:
Refer to the pictures of the Lions of the Nile maneuver to see the difference in the type of missiles, I will bring you the pictures

View attachment 836786
View attachment 836787
View attachment 836788

View attachment 836789
So which R-77 or K-77 do we use?

With all these sanctions? Will USA let us buy new MIGs or even Russia have the capability despite all these sanctions to build more aircraft?

The “president” of the Factory 300, one responsible for making ammunition and firearms stated that we have a license for local production from Beretta, any idea what pistol/rifle this license belongs to?

The “president” of the Factory 300, one responsible for making ammunition and firearms stated that we have a license for local production from Beretta, any idea what pistol/rifle this license belongs to?
Beretta 92 under the name Helwan 920

Back
Top Bottom