What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Why is it always an Arab here in this site who comes tell me what to do and what not to do. Go figure.
I’m not, perhaps this would mean that you’ll have no problem obeying me and taking personal matters to the member’s profile instead of posting them on this thread.
All you need to do is to click @Philip the Arab and you’ll be directed to his profile. You’ll need to be careful because he has developed allergies to people who’s brains are made of slime.

Now back to topic. I believe Egypt would choose the Ratnik suit if the Egyptian Soldier System fails. Yet I do not believe the AK-12 would be Egypt’s future rifle given how the military armed its special forces with SIG 552 and 556, CZ Bren and the ARX 160 along with producing upgraded polymer made Maadi rifles. EDEX 2021 would witness Egypt negotiating with troop suppliers for a widescale land force upgrade because despite the ESS’s probable design effectiveness, the technological part seems a bit behind to me because of the small amount of personnel working on the project as a whole.

It seems both the land and sea versions of the Kamov have the advantage of folded blades.. but it was manual for both till:

"One of the reasons why Ka-52 and Ka-52K have no automated blade-folding equipment is the use of Pomir catapult system. When activated, the system first ejects the cockpit window and blades, and then – pilot seats", added Mikhail Pestrakov, an airspace expert.

In Russia, blade-folding systems for the first time were applied on the Ka-52K Katran ship-based version designed for Mistral-class landing ships.

https://mil.today/2017/Weapons80/

Manual blade-folding
yt1s.com - موقعالرئاسة  السيد الرئيس يقيم مأدبة غداء تكريما لضيوف مصر الكرام ويلقي كلمة خلالها...jpg

Automatic blade-folding
194863-d5c4e6c04f8d819d212f10958d82993b.jpg

It seems both the land and sea versions of the Kamov have the advantage of folded blades.. but it was manual for both till:

"One of the reasons why Ka-52 and Ka-52K have no automated blade-folding equipment is the use of Pomir catapult system. When activated, the system first ejects the cockpit window and blades, and then – pilot seats", added Mikhail Pestrakov, an airspace expert.

In Russia, blade-folding systems for the first time were applied on the Ka-52K Katran ship-based version designed for Mistral-class landing ships.

https://mil.today/2017/Weapons80/

Manual blade-folding
yt1s.com - موقعالرئاسة  السيد الرئيس يقيم مأدبة غداء تكريما لضيوف مصر الكرام ويلقي كلمة خلالها...jpg

Automatic blade-folding
194863-d5c4e6c04f8d819d212f10958d82993b.jpg

That's pretty cool. Wow, automated folding rotors, ey? That must be quite the complex mechanism and honestly, I personally don't think it's worth the effort, cost and complexity just to hurry the storage process. But that's just me.

The other thing I noticed is they got the rotors to fold on the EAF Ka-52s but it doesn't look like they got the wings to do the same thing like on the Katran. I'm sure it buys them needed space for not only storage, but especially to make it up and down the elevator ramp.

And speaking of, new pic of EAF Ka-52 Nile Crocodile.

1626638129951.png

That's pretty cool. Wow, automated folding rotors, ey? That must be quite the complex mechanism and honestly, I personally don't think it's worth the effort, cost and complexity just to hurry the storage process. But that's just me.

The other thing I noticed is they got the rotors to fold on the EAF Ka-52s but it doesn't look like they got the wings to do the same thing like on the Katran. I'm sure it buys them needed space for not only storage, but especially to make it up and down the elevator ramp.

And speaking of, new pic of EAF Ka-52 Nile Crocodile.

View attachment 763404
K-52K in MAKS 2921
E6sDS2KXoAA2Z9h

If production line work fast yes
Russian Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov said the plane was developed for a foreign customer. He did not clarify who this customer is and the nature of the order.

The LTS "Checkmate" fighter jet is expected to cost $25 to $30 million apiece, said Rostec head Sergey Chemezov.

The $25-30 million price tag would make it one of the cheapest combat aircraft in the world and could cause disruption to the global combat aircraft industry if it performs as expected. The price can come within the price of the Chinese-Pakistani JF-17 fighter, which has been successful in the international market.

He stated that the aircraft will receive the first-stage engine operating on the Su-57 stealth (the AL-41F1 engine, a modified version of which also powers the Su-35). “That is why we were able to develop a new aircraft so quickly,” Chemezov said during a press conference at the MAX 2021 exhibition in Moscow.

He said that the first flight of the fighter is expected to take place in 2023 and prototypes will be built during 2024-2025, followed by the launch of the trial batch in 2026.

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov said the new Russian Checkmate fighter targets African markets, Vietnam and India; The demand for it is estimated at 300 aircraft.

“The aircraft, first of all, will focus on African countries, India and Vietnam,” Borisov told reporters at the Max 2021 air show on Tuesday. The demand for these aircraft is very high and is estimated to be at least 300 aircraft in the near future.”

"It all depends on how quickly we will bring the aircraft to the international market," the deputy prime minister said. Earlier on Tuesday, Borisov told Interfax that Russia has a major customer for the new Checkmate light fighter. “We already have a customer, and we are doing it for him (foreign air forces),” Borisov said at the MAX-2021 air show.

This is puzzling.. could it be the UAE anonymous?

This is puzzling.. could it be the UAE anonymous?

Hard to fathom it would be, simply because of their serious interest in not just the 20 F-35s, but all the other US equipment in that gigantic proposal of $20 billion plus. They know quite well the US would never sign off on a deal that would have both Russian and US stealth aircraft on the same tarmac of an Arab country, friendly relations with Israel not withstanding. So the UAE's position in this is strange and uncertain TBH.

If the Russians are very adamant they have a ME customer already committed to purchasing 300 units, my bet is probably on Iran.

Last edited:
Hard to fathom it would be, simply because of their serious interest in not just the 20 F-35s, but all the other US equipment in that gigantic proposal of $20 billion plus. They know quite well the US would never sign off on a deal that would have both Russian and US stealth aircraft on the same tarmac of an Arab country, friendly relations with Israel not withstanding. So the UAE's position in this is strange and uncertain TBH.

If the Russians are very adamant they have a ME customer already committed to purchasing 300 units, my bet in on Iran.
The 300 number is the overall projected sales.. not only to one customer but to many potential ones..

If it is the same as the one the UAE was working on with ROSTEC.. then it will be made in the UAE..most likely with Western components in a way that the US won't have a say..But the UAE deal was with Mig..not Sukhoi although they are under one roof now.. so it is still puzzling..

This is the official "Checkmate" release video.. Do you guys think it has a place in the EAF..

Not if they can sign a solid contract on the Su-57 TBH. I would much rather see them with that aircraft than this single engine, as awesome as it is and priced so well, I think the Su-57 is just much more capable in all sorts of important fields, as well as fit in better with the scope of what the EAF modernization has been tailored to.

What's your opinion?

Not if they can sign a solid contract on the Su-57 TBH. I would much rather see them with that aircraft than this single engine, as awesome as it is and priced so well, I think the Su-57 is just much more capable in all sorts of important fields, as well as fit in better with the scope of what the EAF modernization has been tailored to.

What's your opinion?
I do agree with you about the necessity to procure the SU-57.. but that will not negate the procurement of the Checkmate in good numbers at this price..mostly if it proves to be worth it.. but that will be in 2028 -30.. hopefully with ToT if around 100 fighter aircrafts..AI, stealth tech, the variety of weapons and the price are all attractive for a start..

Greece will deliver more than 90 upgraded BMP-1 armored vehicles to Egypt as a gift..
The armored vehicles will be equipped with the Konkurs anti-tank guided missile system..

اليونان تسلم أكثر من 90 مدرعة إلى مصر كهدية

https://fine-news.ru/pervaja-partij...rGs5wvCOfzcGwgd2nFXQMuO6OhJbug7yiJ7SizRZAF794

It is a light and small amphibious armored vehicle.. and this is an important feature..
Secondly, Egypt modified some as MTLB-V ground and coastal surveillance system

MTLB-V_ground_surveillance_radar_picture_001.jpg

القوات الجوية اليونانية تستلم أول مقاتلة من طراز رافال

Greece must be so happy to get its first Rafale that it gave a gift to Egypt who might have talked France to the sale..:-)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom