What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Learn about the 1963 Egyptian scientific satellite called "Al-Negma" (Star), to study the Earth's magnetic field from an orbit of 480 km., and the rocket to launch it; "Al-Raid" (Pioneer)............. and..a submarine most likely based on the German U-boat class..

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/data/attachments/177/177585-eb927a6f35e13d1e7965ad61d7ca300e.jpg

You will find the info in this book:

Nasser and the Missile Age in the Middle East
Chapter 4
http://ndl.ethernet.edu.et/bitstream/123456789/55298/1/133.pdf.pdf

Last edited:
Greece was accepted in the Arab league as an observer just yesterday..:-)

https://greekcitytimes.com/2021/07/12/greece-observer-arab-league/

Surprise! surprise!

DEFEA 2021 Greece Defense and Security Exhibition opened today..

A high-powered laser weapon supplied by the Greek company Soukos Robots

1626204688034.png

Greek scout RX-3plus
1626203415919.png

The Hoplite is based on a heavy-duty, mine-resistant, heavy-duty military-optimized chassis with a fully protected cabin. The vehicle is produced by the Greek EODH as the country's first standard multi-role vehicle

1626202207921.png

1626202220782.png
That laser just made of bolts
Just one day needed to open them for every repair

That laser just made of bolts
Just one day needed to open them for every repair
Bro.. it was presented in an international exhibition to the whole world.. that is no child play.. it is a real laser gun..

And since they were accepted as observers in the AL.. they might let us be observers of how that laser thing is made.. HaHaHa!

Last edited:
Bro.. it was presented in an international exhibition to the whole world.. that is no child play.. it is a real laser gun..

And since they were accepted as observers in the AL.. they might let us be observers of how that laser thing is made.. HaHaHa!
Sure it is real one of emergency weapons that Greece need

@Gomig-21
Mentioning submarines, I wonder if it would be possible to modify the HAS-250 to be launched from submarines through a torpedo like the Type 209 which uses UGM-84 Harpoons. It would vastly outperform the American missile but I wonder how expensive it would be to operate.

View attachment 762075

Although, I hope they are also developing a heavyweight torpedo in the next 5 years.

I wish I knew. That's a bit beyond my technical capabilities to be perfectly honest with you.

I'm only curious as to why you think the HAS-250 is that much better than the Harpoon which from my understanding is the latest block version of that killer missile. Does it have a more powerful warhead? More range? Less susceptible to jamming or shooting down with enemy CIWS?

Learn about the 1963 Egyptian scientific satellite called "Al-Negma" (Star), to study the Earth's magnetic field from an orbit of 480 km., and the rocket to launch it; "Al-Raid" (Pioneer)............. and..a submarine most likely based on the German U-boat class..

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/data/attachments/177/177585-eb927a6f35e13d1e7965ad61d7ca300e.jpg

You will find the info in this book:

Nasser and the Missile Age in the Middle East
Chapter 4
http://ndl.ethernet.edu.et/bitstream/123456789/55298/1/133.pdf.pdf

That's great that you mentioned this since I had actually read about it a while back. The interesting thing that not many know is all the crazy cool and deadly secret weapons programs that Nasser was trying to execute during his tenure. He had a lot on his plate which unfortunately cost us a lot in 1967. But this was one of those projects that makes you think if it's still in the shadow or not......and who knows with all the other ones also.

Sure it is real one of emergency weapons that Greece need

I've been saying this for over 15 years, lasers along with UAVs are the future of warfare. Master laser tech and pair it with the ability to use directed and controlled EMP would be the ultimate field weapon.

I'm only curious as to why you think the HAS-250 is that much better than the Harpoon which from my understanding is the latest block version of that killer missile. Does it have a more powerful warhead? More range? Less susceptible to jamming or shooting down with enemy CIWS?
Harpoon Block 2 ship launched range which Egypt uses has apparently only 130km compared to the HAS-250 with claimed 250km range. Warhead is a bit smaller but still very large at 200kg, and its likely the ECCM will be stronger compared to a much older missile. It can also home on radar emissions from ships and coastal land targets which the Harpoon is unable to do.

Not to mention that Egypt will receive a downgraded version and is likely not allowed to purchase the most advanced version because the nation to the East.

Last edited:
Harpoon Block 2 ship launched range which Egypt uses has apparently only 130km compared to the HAS-250 with claimed 250km range. Warhead is a bit smaller but still very large at 200kg, and its likely the ECCM will be stronger compared to a much older missile. It can also home on radar emissions from ships and coastal land targets which the Harpoon is unable to do.

Not to mention that Egypt will receive a downgraded version and is likely not allowed to purchase the most advanced version because the nation to the East.

I honestly don't think the Harpoon Egypt possesses has any downgrades. It is the block II and simply by default has all the block II features in it. The only "downgrading" the US would do in such a case would be limiting the numbers of missiles, but that's about it.

At any rate, that would be quite something if they could make changes like that, or even adding the HAS-250 as an additional armament instead of substituting one for the other. That might be the best and even easier way to do it.

I honestly don't think the Harpoon Egypt possesses has any downgrades. It is the block II and simply by default has all the block II features in it. The only "downgrading" the US would do in such a case would be limiting the numbers of missiles, but that's about it.
My fault, I mean downgraded compared to US standard missiles vs export missiles.

I think that Halcon will allow missiles very similar to the same standard used by the UAE military if not exactly the same.

I forget who it was, but I think it was @Titanium 100 who mentioned that Egypt was indirectly promoting French and Italian military hardware and helping out all these big time companies wrack up huge contracts because of all the equipment the Egyptian military and navy and air force has bought during this incredible run of modernization and also by showcasing their power and capabilities in exercises such as Qadr 21 where they really put on an amazing display of combined arms.

One of the items that seems to certainly be benefiting from Egyptian purchase and exhibition is of course, the Rafale, but a very close 2nd is the Berghamini FREMM. Even the fact that they bought one of the French FREMMs and named it after the main slogan of Egypt in this new and modern age in Tahya Misr (Long Live Egypt), it still hasn't had the impact that the two Italian FREMMs have had. We know about Indonesia putting in a large order and several others talking about acquiring a few of those beasts and of course, Egypt having already received 2 of the 4 and possibly 6 of them has now sparked Greece to order 2 Berghamini FREMMs! @The SC , I told you ma bro, those ships just blow their French counterparts for a number of reasons. Not to mention the AESA & PESA switchable radar on those super imposing masts on those frigates add a lot to make them desirable IMO.

That said, nice to see our Greek brothers get in on the Italian FREMMs as well and so the Italians will have to sugar coat the next deal with Egypt because of all this indirect support and advertising that is paying off big time!

DEFEA 2021: Fincantieri showcases Bergamini-class FREMM frigate
POSTED ON WEDNESDAY, 14 JULY 2021 20:11

The Italian firm Fincantieri showcases a model of Bergamini-class FREMM frigate which is the Italian offer as part of the Greek procurement of four frigates. Fincantieri S.p.A. is an Italian shipbuilding company based in Trieste, Italy, which builds both commercial and military vessels.

1626309651196.png

The rest of the article here.

And some nice shots of the EN Berghaminnis at the opening ceremony of the new Al Ghouda naval base near Marsa Matruh. That famous turquoise water and bright, whit sands of the norther coast of Egypt is unmistakably pronounced in these pics. Almost overbearing. Also a testament to the size of the French Gowind when compared to the frigates, it's almost the same. The 2500 Gowinds are very large ships for their size and supposed category.

1626312802808.png

1626312637699.png

Last edited:
My fault, I mean downgraded compared to US standard missiles vs export missiles.

I think that Halcon will allow missiles very similar to the same standard used by the UAE military if not exactly the same.

You know, looking at all these incredible HALCON products and already seeing the Al Tariq being used on the EAF Mirage 2Ks, as well as knowing how tight the UAE is with Egypt that I'm willing to bet there is a lot more cooperation going on with these systems and with Egypt's needs that we just don't know about yet. We saw those pics of the Mirages carrying those ordinances and we knew they were interested in them a few years back and then suddenly there they were. So I bet it's only a matter of time before we start seeing all sorts of HALCON stuff show up on EAF aircraft and on EN ships and all other types of launching platforms.

Are you still skeptical about the Al-Tariqs? It's ok if you are, not putting you on the spot or anything like that ya Billip. I think the timing of the ordinances being done with testing and being ready might be causing an issue?

Are you still skeptical about the Al-Tariqs? It's ok if you are, not putting you on the spot or anything like that ya Billip. I think the timing of the ordinances being done with testing and being ready might be causing an issue?
Not skeptical, I'm more 70% they are being used and 30% they aren't but I just hope we see more confirmation.

They could be the Block 1s or Block 2 Al Tariqs but not really sure 100%.

We saw those pics of the Mirages carrying those ordinances and we knew they were interested in them a few years back and then suddenly there they were. So I bet it's only a matter of time before we start seeing all sorts of HALCON stuff show up on EAF aircraft and on EN ships and all other types of launching platforms.
Yep, matter of time in my opinion until we see this on a widespread scale. More money will allow more R&D from Halcon and allow them to make more products that are on par compared to Western countries and that are embargo proof.

Joint projects could be in the books as well for high tech strategic systems to split costs and use both sides engineers. SOM/JASSM/JSM type cruise missiles shouldn't be too hard to make with the right funding and employment.

Rocket artillery with 300km should be easypeasy considering Halcon was already working on rocket artillery based systems at IDEX.

Not skeptical, I'm more 70% they are being used and 30% they aren't but I just hope we see more confirmation.

They could be the Block 1s or Block 2 Al Tariqs but not really sure 100%.

Oh ok, well that's good, then. Makes you also wonder if they had any part in the Watiya air base hit last year. Or even if they were UAE Mirages and not Wagner MiG-29s that made the successful, precision hit, if it was in fact Al Tariq missiles they used or any other HALCON weapon. Seeing them on the EAF Mirages like that gives a lot of support to either the EAF or UAE used them on their 2Ks to carry out that strike. Hopefully one day when the coast is clear and no consequences can develop from the information coming out, that we will know who made that great, incognito strike!

Yep, matter of time in my opinion until we see this on a widespread scale. More money will allow more R&D from Halcon and allow them to make more products that are on par compared to Western countries and that are embargo proof.

Joint projects could be in the books as well for high tech strategic systems to split costs and use both sides engineers. SOM/JASSM/JSM type cruise missiles shouldn't be too hard to make with the right funding and employment.

Rocket artillery with 300km should be easypeasy considering Halcon was already working on rocket artillery based systems at IDEX.

Makes me think that as far as any air to air or air to ground ordinances that would be applied to any particular platform would probably be the Russian aircraft in the EAF's case. Obviously the Mirage 2Ks will work up to certain types, I would guess, but I think that would be just about it.

Something tells me the French will be a bit stubborn about allowing any integration of any sort to the Rafale, even if firing the weapons and guiding them etc. is done off a tablet wrapped around the pilot's leg, there's still pylons and wiring and a certain amount of shtuff that will still need to be done to the aircraft to make it compatible with the weapons, is my guess. And the bigger and heavier they are, the harder it would be.

So I think the Russians will be the easiest to deal with and allow any of those weapons to mount on the MiG-29M/35s or the Su-35SEs. Even though they already come with a slew of their own ordinances, I just think the Russians aren't as finicky as the French and certainly not as bitchy as the Americans LOL.

Load this bad Larry up with all sorts of HALCON weapons (especially JASSMs like you mentioned) and you'll truly have a unique and super powerful package all together. That would be amazing if it can be done.

1626313688813.png

At any rate, that would be quite something if they could make changes like that, or even adding the HAS-250 as an additional armament instead of substituting one for the other. That might be the best and even easier way to do it.
Bro.. The Harpoon Blk II sold to Egypt doesn't have land attack capabilities.. we talked about this here before.. but to have the HAS-250 launched from a submarine ..it needs a capsule.. Pakistan has this tech and India too..as well as other friendly countries that can help with that..It can be a good idea to have it as a system not only on ships but also on submarines.. without the headache of numbers or limits on land attack capabilities..

Load this bad Larry up with all sorts of HALCON weapons (especially JASSMs like you mentioned) and you'll truly have a unique and super powerful package all together. That would be amazing if it can be done.
JASSM type missile wouldn't be too hard considering it uses INS/GPS for midcourse (Halcon has a ton of experience with this guidance system) and terminal IR seeker(They are hiring experts in this field).

1626316118969.png

The experience gained from HAS-250 will directly translate to the needed experience for this type of cruise missile which I am sure will be developed soon.

Egypt will also likely be able to see all the developments firsthand at EDEX where I know Halcon will exhibit a ton there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom